Ratings for Dr. Nick Schulson

Dr Schulson is a great doctor. Very happy, kind and knowledgeable. However I have never been to the office with less than an hour wait time and the office staff who book appointments are extremely rude. I dread calling the office.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Have been going to dr Schulson for 24 years. Always happy and helpful! Always listens and never guesses but orders tests if needed. He was very helpful when my husband was dealing with work related injury too & dealing with wcb ! The only complaint is wait time but not a big deal to see such a great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Nick has been my doctor for 24years. I have never known a better diagnostician. He quite literally saved my life. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, resourceful and kind. I don't know what I shall do when he retires. The best doctor I have ever had!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Dr Schulson is great. The wait can be quite long, so plan for that. The receptionist is rude!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Doc Schulson is an amazing Dr. I started going to him in 1982 when I moved to Nanaimo from Vancouver. He diagnosed me with an illness when the "Big City Vancouver Doctors" said it was "in my head". I had emergency surgery to remove a grapefruit sized Cyst! Trust me, it was not in my head and only Dr. Nick believed me. When I was pregnant with my first son in 1987 he very nicely told me on more than one occasion that I had enjoyed various holidays a little too much - hinting at the amount of weight gain - which I took in stride, but when the situation got tough and my son went into fetal distress during a routine Non-stress test - I will never ever forget him literally running into the room in his light pink golf shirt - sweating - because he had been called at his office to tell him what was going on. He clearly dropped everything to get to the hospital right away. He didn't pawn me off on anyone else. He was as shocked as we were because there had been no problems whatsoever. When I was pregnant with my next child - who was a twin - Dr. Schulson was so compassionate and caring throughout our entire pregnancy. He held my hand so many times over the years, reassured me on so many occasions that everything was going to be ok. He never, ever pushed meds on me or my family, he always made sure all "necessary" tests were done when needed, he ensured I always got into a specialist when it was required. He is truly and always has been an amazing Doctor, an amazing person and an amazing "friend" to his patients. It will be a very sad day when he retires.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Wow surprised by some comments I went online to see if there was anything on a specialist i have to see & hadn't heard of before and there were some really bad comments. .then I thought well may as well check out Doc Schulson for the heck of it ya surprised be some comments all I can say is that I'm very thankful for the whole family practice be going there since day one and was extremely lucky to have Doctor Brian White since being a young guy before they had built their office their in now I used to laugh I go see him with a bad cold or whatever and as I'm getting ready to go into ask no prescription doc? Oh yeah Brian would say eat lots of chicken noodle soup lol & when Brian was on holidays or whatever I often got to see Nick so as sad as it was Doc White retired i felt lucky to find out Doctor Schulson had taken me in nothing but praise for Dr Nick Schulson 5 stars

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr. Shulson is my families GP, sine Dr. Brian White retired( whom I miss terribly for his compassion and help with Chronic Pain) , Dr. Shulson is a fair and understanding doctor working in the TERRIBLE BC LIBERALS AGENDA! Having too many patients doesn't help. He is never pushing Antibiotics, good thing.....Not all Bugs need Drugs, gives alternatives to medications, is a hands on Doctor for small surgeries done in the clinic rather than you waiting months for a referal, does do house calls for terminal patients......rare now a day's! I have chronic pain and many limitations, but he is always positive and has alternatives to try. Many thanx

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

After waiting for over a year for surgery I finally have a date scheduled but thanks to Dr Schulson not helping me last year while I was still in town, I am scrambling to do the things needed before I can actually have the surgery. Things he said I didn't need to have done or acted ignorant about even though the things were obviously required and ignored me when I pushed for it. I am glad I no longer live in Nanaimo and have a better, more caring, and less egoist doctor. Dr. Schulson needs to retire.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

If you have a family member who has Alzheimer's & is dying do not have this man as your GP, he let my father suffer for weeks, as we begged him for more medications to keep our father comfortable. My father suffered in his last weeks of his life, I will never forgive this man.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I find Dr. Schulson to be a dismissive pill pusher. His best line: "I have __________ (fill in ailment) if there was a cure, believe me, I'd use it." I think he's a nice guy and I really wish he'd be more proactive and with his patient's health and wellbeing. The women who answer the phone and set-up specialist appoints are cranky and loud.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015