Ratings for Dr. Stephen S. Cohen

Somewhat of a wait at his office. But superb medical experience.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

So what, expect a wait, but expect knowledge and consideration more than any other doctor. I have heard from many friends, young and old that they are ONLY allowed to cover a couple of health concerns per visit and if there are more, they must set another appointment. The aggravation and possible fear for new mothers, the elderly or health-risk patients must be very unsettling. Whatever concerns you have, he covers and he covers them very thoroughly!! In all the years that my family has been going to him, since he took over the practice, he has never missed a beat. He doesn't molly-coddle and as a Doctor, nor should he .... he sees "you" His bedside manner is true and real because he doesn't puff you up with unicorns and rainbows, it is truth and reality. Don't like it, suck it up!! If you THINK he is putting you down because he doesn't puff you up, then perhaps a family Dr isn't what you need. Maybe, just maybe, it is something that you see within yourself and are self-judging so you are sensitive to anything. His honesty is refreshing, his outlook is stellar because he "sees" his patients and he NEVER misses a thing. He goes further then any Doctor I have seen and I have no fear with any health issue that has come across anyone in my family because he has done his duty above and beyond.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Absolutely the best doctor. Understanding knowledgeable supportive

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I won't lie, Dr. Cohens is very knowledgeable, but he lacks good bedside manner. I had been with him since I was very young, he treated my whole family. One visit he became very condescending when talking to me about future goals/ choices, (nothing to do with health). One of my family members that he treats has their own personal issues, and for this reason they never achieved certain goals. Dr. Cohens treated me as if I would never amount to anything and never attain my goals due to my family member's issues, as if they were genetically passed down to me. There was no need for him to delve into my personal life as he did, and make me feel, for a lack of a better word, stupid, along with insulting my family members abilities in the process. He has always made me feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. He looks down on me as if I'm dumb. I have had to go to a walk-in clinic after seeing him because he didn't take my cough symptom seriously, thinking I was being paranoid like my other family member has done in the past. Within a week I had broken blood vessels in my eyes from coughing so much and had an eye infection. His fault is judging myself and assuming I'm exactly like my family member who has their own personal issues that have nothing to do with me. I have found a new family doctor whom is very kind and supportive.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Cohen saved my life when 4 other doctors dismissed my severe symptoms without further tests so I might be a bit biased. He is very knowledgeable and he will try to fit patients in which sometimes causes wait times but I always call in to see how far behind they are so the waiting can easily be kept down.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

The wait is always worth it. He is knowledgeable, helpful. Straightforward and never makes you feel like a number. Always feel like I'm his only patient. Would never go to anyone else

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Longest wait of any doctor I've ever been to. It's so rude to make people wait over an hour to see him, he should schedule his appointments better if he is going to take so long. My old doctor never made me wait more than 10 minutes, even a 10 minute wait was rare, and he was very thorough.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Absolutely hands down the best doctor. I would never go anywhere else. Been with him since he started this practice. So knowledgeable and very caring

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Wonderful doctor but always a long wait. Very knowledgeable and excellent staff

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I have been with Dr Cohen for over 16 years now and he is by far the best Doctor I have ever had. Lovely staff as well. He is very to the point knowledgeable and experienced. I am so lucky to have him as my Doctor. You will wait most times over a half hour past your sheduled appointment, but only because he is thorough.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Stephen S. Cohen's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 1990)