Ratings for Dr. Robert Barkwell

This man is retired now and does do on call for a couple of medical institutions, he is very rude and looked down at my family and me more than once through emergency situations. It's time he hangs up his coat for good as it is clear he only has the passion to put people down and no passion to deal with sick people.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

i was diagnosed by his intern with pneumonia. he wrote a prescription and said there you go. he gave no indications as to what I should do for my home care. And he made a mistake on the prescription. He was more interested in showing off for the intern than talking to me.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I find Dr. Barkwell to be very helpfull and knowledgable. He is there for you when it counts and quick to get some humor in when the situation allows. As a family we have gone through some trying times and he has helped us with sound advice, excellent treatment and good care. He has made a big difference and has gone the extra mile regardless of how busy he is!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

i have seen dr.barkwell and he is an exemplary practioner,knowlegdeable and a solution finder.lets remember all healthcare staff are humans working in a tactical based environment they are crisis managers for hours and hours at a time.i am so grateful i can see a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Has no bedside manner. Makes you feel like you shouldn't be there if you see him in Outpatients. I like to have a doctor that believes that I have some intelligence and am there to see him because I have a genuine concern.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

I have been his patient for almost ten years. He is the most caring and smart Doctors I have ever known.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

i was in to see him through outpatients i have a liver disease and my nurse in the iwk told me to go to the hospital so i did after waiting 3 hours he told me i was wasting his time and that i should have come in another day then he told me that i should go for blood work the wait to see the result they were normal and i only had a minor infection, so he said go home and suffer to me I'm only 16 i don't want my doctor to tell me to suffer i want real advise

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Barkwell can certainly be brusque, but he must be working 90 hrs a week. He is very knowledgable but will admit when he doesn't know something, and takes appropriate steps to discover the problem. He is very willing to discuss everything on my list of concerns - I never feel rushed. Yet I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes from the scheduled time of my appt. He assists in finding appropriate medication that is affordable. (I do not have a health plan.) People seem to either love him or hate him. I'm a big fan. I find him a caring, concerned professional, and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

I had to go to Outpatients because I can't get a family doctor in this area. Dr Barkwell was the doctor on duty. He made me feel as if I had no business being there because my problem was not an emergency. What are we supposed to do if we need medical attention, but can't get a family doctor, and there is no walk-in clinic available? It's enough to make me want to move somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

I've had a significant amount of experience with doctors in the past, so as a result I feel fairly confident when saying that I honestly believe Dr. Barkwell is the best I've had the experience of meeting. He was punctual, very knowledgeable, and didn't waste my time or his. He offered clear, concise explanations, answered all questions promptly and thoroughly, and when necessary, was more than willing to arrange quick referrals. In addition, his bedside manner was in my opinion perfect. Not once did he leave me waiting around, kept me filled in on every small update, and had a friendly relaxed demeanor that I should hope would put anyone at ease. I would easily recommend him for any friends and family, and hope to have the pleasure of being treated by him again in the future.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009