Ratings for Dr. Jadwiga Kania

I've had Dr. Kania as my doctor for the last three pregnancies. She is very compassionate for her patients and only want what's best for them. Then there's her employees, that are so rude and make the atmosphere so miserable. I am such a friendly and nice person and do not tolerate rudeness from anyone. I had conflicts twice already with two of her assistants; It's too bad how her assistants reflect her. Me and another client had the same issue with the assistants. I felt bad for the young lady, she cried in the waiting room because they belittled her. Watch out for the rude India assistants.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

One of our first visits to Dr. Kania resulted in one of her employees telling my son to be quiet in the waiting room, he's a two year old and was laughing at something, wasn't yelling or screaming. Every time we go, you always wait past your appointment time, she simply takes on too many patients for a private practice. Dr. Kania is not terrible but she doesn't have good bedside manner. We live in a remote community over an hour away from Dr. Kania's office and require a letter from Dr. Kania for my workplace to assist us with moving somewhere closer to medical care in the province. Dr. Kania has said she will provide this letter but still hasn't to this day, over 2 months since she said she would. This is something that puts the safety of my wife and unborn child at risk as we have no medical services in the community we live in. I would not recommend Dr. Kania to any friends who are expecting.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Can't wait to see her... she delivered my first baby 5 years ago and now I'm gonna have my 2nd in October! Really great woman!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

She is awesome doctor! a very strong woman and maybe some people can't handle that. but anyways, she will be delivering my 4th baby and I won't go to anyone else because I know we will be in good care with Dr. Kenia.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Kania is RUDE as well is ROUGH!! .. I have two friends in n.c.n whom had kids with her as their doctor.. Both baby boys had fractured arms after birth, both different

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

Her beside manner is terrible. During my pregnancy she never once measured me to see where I was at with the size of my baby. I was told I had to go to the hospital every two days for non-stress-tests at the end of my pregnancy but not told why. I was worried I would need a c-section because my baby was so big, and she told me that she would always induce labour first and let me try to deliver vaginally, but when it came down to it she pressured me into a c-section -- even though the baby was not in distress, nor was I. The worst experience I had with her was when she told me she wanted me to have a c-section. As a first-time mom-to-be, I was a bit stressed and worried, so I started to cry. I didn't bawl or anything -- and she said that I wasn't "mentally prepared" for labour. I will be going to a different doctor, or even a midwife, for my next pregnancy -- someone who is kind as well as proficient.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

SHE'S FRIENDLY AND NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS OR SAYS ABOUT HER, SHE IS THE ONLY DOCTOR THAT I TRUST AND WOULD RECOMMEND!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

i really liked dr kania she was real nice and felt comfortable talking too her about my pregnancy issues. would definately recommend.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr K cares about her patients FIRST. She will go above and beyond for her ladies. She expects the best from her staff and especially if someone is having difficulty; she goes to bat for moms 110%. She can be brutally honest, but don't we want honesty regarding our health and baby's health? She has a great sense of humour once you know her, she's very knowledgable and all in all she is a wonderful doctor. We're so lucky she has stayed in Thompson for so many years!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I love Doctor Kania, I think she is more hands doctor than any other doctor here in thompson. She tells you everything from testing and why you have to have these test and explains your results. I never had a doctor do that with me. I wished that she was my doctor when i had my first baby, she was my doctor with my thrid baby and now my fourth baby that i will be having in a few weeks. I would tell everyone to go to her. I know sometimes you have to wait for her but at less we know she is doing her job, she gives of herself to her patients and i don`t know any doctors around here that do that. Even outside her clinic and all the patients she has, when she sees me she will say hi and call me by my first name. She also, very nice to my children and answers there questions and give them a answer back to there unstanding. Thats good Dr.Kania takes control of her practice and her staff, at least she knows her patients pay her wages and gives respect to them not like the other hospital staff.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011