Ratings for Dr. David W. Gothard

The best, knowledgeable, compassionate Dr. alive. He is retired now but was my family physician for 15 years. You would always have a long wait to get in but it was worth the time. We will greatly miss him. Have a great retirement. Greg and family!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

TERRIBLE - please do not go here! The doctors are fine once you get in; however, I have had endless problems - confusing policies on getting an appt; no call backs; I've not ONCE been seen by Dr. Gothard; I am utterly dissatisfied with this office, their failure to follow through on what they agreed to; the care is ok, staff are decent, but good luck with appointments! I hate to give complaints, but this office takes the cake! Please avoid these doctors if you can.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Most of my entire family has been Dr. Dave's paint for almost 30 years. Since, PIH has taken over most of the Drs. in Whittier, it has become almost impossible to get an appt.They also archieved many records that are still needed by the patient. Dr. Gothard is one of the best.But, it's so difficult to see him now. They also changed all their phone numbers and we had his direct line before. They try to refer you to their urgent care, which you would be better off going to the county. They misdiagnosed my son, said he had a stomach problem when he told them he thought it was urinary or kidney and he ended up in the hospital with an acute kidney problem.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

The man was always a very considerate and caring Doctor. He always listened to what we had to say about health concerns. He was excellent caring for my parents, and we six kids when we grew up in Whittier CA. Lillian D. Gonzalez

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

He is an amazing doctor. One of a kind. He really listens to all of your concerns. Never rushes you out. You can tell he really loves what he does. It will be a shame when he retires.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2008

I travel 40 miles to see this doctor--he is the most considerate and caring doctor I have ever met. He takes the time to answer questions--and even solicits them! He is the best diagnostician I know, I think because he takes the time to really listen. When my father was dying he made a house call and only charged it as an office visit. He called my mother afterwards to extend condolences and see if she needed anything--and she wasn't even his patient. He is always available by phone and has never charged me for a phone call.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007

Dr. David W. Gothard's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal