Ratings for Dr. James Drake

Good doctor........... He helped us a lot :) ;) THANKS

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

This man is an exceptional doctor and human being. His care and concern for our daughter has been remarkable. He’s beyond capable and in my view, he’s one of the best in North America. He’s direct with information and works beautifully with the team that surrounds him. Profoundly grateful to have met him and had him lead a very difficult surgery based on an usual and complex tumour.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

Dr. Drake did my daughters spinal surgery right after she was born and 11 days after he did her VP shunt. He explain everything to us in the best way and take the right precautions for each surgery.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Dr. Drake started seeing us when our son was 21mths. At our second visit I was already quite leery about his knowledge of our son's brain disorder. When I questioned Dr. Drake about more info pertaining to his disorder, instead of explaining it to us, he refered us to the Sick Kids website......the Sick Kids website has NO info in regards to my son's condition. Huge bedside manner issues right there and a huge lack of knowledge with regards to my son's condition., let alone any compassion or care with regards to the chronic pain my son endures everyday. We went to see Dr. Drake again this year and he completely dismissed us. Told us our son's condition is NOT caused by his brain disorder and referred us to Neurology. So there we are at a neurology appt where they actually did perform some tests on my son. Their conclusion......infact his brain disorder IS the root of my son's pain!!! In my opinion Dr. Drake has FAILED to do his due dillegence in regards to my son. I do not trust him to do his job. My son's condition has him in pain every day since he as born and this doctor has failed him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr. Drake performed brain surgery on my young daughter. He is an incredible surgeon but also a man with compassion and care. Always friendly and never rushing thru an appt.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Drake fixed my sons cranial synostosis. He was amazing from the start. we met him in his clinic and he had a bunch of students around him. From the beginning he was gentle and kind and he answered all of our questions. He is an incredible surgeon and we are blessed to have met him. The entire team were great. His assistant Katherine was probably one of the nicest people we had spoken to. She went above and beyond to get us what we needed for our sons helmet and when we met her she was friendly and has a very pretty and attractive appearance, although she looked very young. The nurses on 5c took excellent care of our son and we had a great experience with Maria Parera who helped us coordinate the day. We couldn't be happier with our experience:. God bless the work that these folks do.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I want to contact Dr James, Im from Ecuador, I have a problem in my spine, but here no body give a solution. Now I am searching a doctor in Canada, because Im canadian citizen too. I feel too much pain. Mi email is mmorocho@xpress-group.com please if you know how i can contact the doctor let me know. thank you so much

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Drake saved my life. Gave me the ability to walk. Doing my first spinal surgery when I was just hours old. And then my second surgery 13 years later. Now . I was able to become a young mom of 2 perfectly healthy kids. MIRACLES HAPPEN!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

We saw Dr. Drake for our son's cranial stenosis and could not have asked for a better experience. Dr. Drake reassured us that our son would be completely fine and took the time to answer our many questions. He is a great listener and is able to put a parent's mind at ease.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr Drake worked on my sons craniosynostosis surgery and he is phenomenal. Kind, compassionate and very attentive. We couldn't say nicer things about him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017