Ratings for Dr. W. Norman Scott

I had a bilateral knee replacement on 2009 and i have been suffering with worse knee pain than I had BEFORE the surgery. He was totally uncaring, unhelpful, arrogant and had no insight as to why this happened after I returned to his office so many times. I have been to may other surgeons but none have recommended a revision so I have no idea what to do now. He has no bedside manner whatsoever and is very dismissive and lacks any compassion whatsoever. He basically shows no feelings or warmth whatsoever no matter how great people say his is/was. I didn't like him from the minute I met him but he was recommended so highly by others that I went against my better judgement. I am in pain every single day of my life.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

From the very beginning, Dr. Scott was arrogant and difficult to talk with, but went with him because I thought he had a good reputation. I had a total knee replace March 2010. It was never good, and always had some swelling and pain. He was dismissive and unhelpful. Five years later it is so bad I need a revision replacement. Obviously I will be using another surgeon who is far more compassionate and has extremely high ratings from many patients.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I was shocked to see the previous ratings regarding Dr. Scott. He has been my orthopaedic surgeon on and off for almost 30 years; I have had 3 surgeries during this time and I could not have been happier with the care and concern I have received from him. After each surgery he called me at home (except during extended hospital stay where I saw him on a daily basis)to check on my condition. Medically I have passed general expectations and I owe this to Dr. Scott. Personality wise, I always found him to be commpassionate and caring and extremely personable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I chose Scott because he's one of the top ACL reconstructive surgeons in NYC. After having 1 ACL done already I had some idea what to expect. When there were complications (infection, continuing screw pain) he was dismissive and abusive, insinuating that any issues were my fault and had nothing to do with his work. When I (too late) asked "will you be doing the cutting?" he replied "the important stuff." The screw is now protruding and causing pain, the scar is sloppy and adhered underneath and puckering in places. Conflicts in his protocol, when pointed out by me, were met with hollering that they weren't possibly there, and that I shouldn't be doing 'it' (squats(ball), massaging the scar) anyway! I have still been unable to speak with anyone (certainly not him) about the protruding screw.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Dr. W. Norman Scott's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1972)