Ratings for Dr. John A Long

One of the most caring doctors I’ve ever had. My eyelid results are fantastic.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

I've never been as pleased with a doctor or any previous surgeries as I am with Dr. Long and his work. He performed surgery hon both of my upper eyelids. My eyelids were drooping so much I literlally had a small slit left in both eyes. I looked older, tired and unhealthy. He also told me I had Ptosis. He did an outstanding job. Dr. Long was very patient with my questions and concerns. I've been told I look great. He and his entire staff have been excellent. He is the best! ! !

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

Dr Long was amazing with my 8 year old son he was attentive and compassionate! He took his time and listen and was very attentive and skilled,I would highly recommend him and his staff!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

I want to comment on “fake rating” that immediately follows this post. I have had cosmetic surgery with Dr Long and he was kind compassionate and attentive. It is a shame that depressed and mentally ill people are able to leave anonymous posts disparaging good people/doctors like Dr Long. That anonymous post seem “fake” and no doubt was posted by a depressed and mentally ill sad person.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

I am just now writing a review about Dr. Long as a result of searching for a good doctor. I realized how much I was depending on "real" reviews. In 2013 I was looking for a doctor to correct eyelid retraction caused by another doctor's aggressive laser resurfacing procedure. I had emailed, to Dr. Long's office, my medical information along with pictures of my eyes both before and after the laser mishap. Upon my visit with the doctor he entered the examining room assisted by a training intern. I extended my hand to introduce myself and he totally ignored me. He preceeded to pick up my file when I explained to him I had emailed pictures beforehand and had actually requested a telecom with him prior to making the two-hour drive to see if he could help me. He then turned to me and said: "I don't do that. And, I certainly wouldn't do it for someone like you." I'm sure some reading this, will find this hard to believe. But, as God is my witness, this is the truth. Trust me, I'm ashamed to have let someone abuse and embarrass me. I couldn't believe a living soul could be as arrogant, cruel and insensitive. I was so taken aback, instead of telling him he had no right to talk to me that way and running as fast as my feet would carry me, I sat there stunned and watched him walk out of the office without saying a word. If only I could relive this ONE day. Not only is he not professional, he is rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

In January of this year, 2018, Dr. John A. Long performed eyelid surgery on both of my eyes. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Long, the experience, and the results. Before the surgery, my eyelids were so heavy that my vision was impaired to the degree that I was looking through my eyelashes, had difficulty reading, and could not perform well enough in eye exams to get an accurate prescription for my glasses. On my first appointment with Dr. Long, he listened to my frustration and my description of the difficulties I was experiencing, performed a thorough examination, explained options and recommendations to correct the problem, and prepared me for what to expect with the surgery and the healing process. After surgery, he followed up with me immediately at the hospital and at home the following day. Following surgery, I had minimum bruising, minimal discomfort for a couple of days, healed quickly, and the results have been dramatic. My countenance is brighter, my peripheral sight and visual clarity is greatly improved. I am able to enjoy reading again for the first time in many years. Choosing to work with Dr. Long was the best decision I could have made. I would highly recommend him to friends. And, I already have!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

I went to Dr Long after my previous eyelid surgery was a nightmare.. On my first visit Dr Long assured me that he could repair my droopy eyelid. I made a appointment for the revision and he repaired my eyelid without any problem. Looks great! I wish I had chose Dr Long to do the first surgery. He's a super nice guy and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Extremely pleased with Dr. John Long, professional and rotatable. Eyelid surgery made so much difference in my life. Dr. Long was attentive, answered all my questions and explained all the details of the surgery and made me very relaxed and comfortable. I experienced very little discomfort and needed no pain medications afterwards. Extremely well pleased, guarantee you won't be disappointed. C. Magruder

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

The people and all services provided to me were professional. I would recommend Dr. Long to anyone! I had little to no swelling and bruising. The outcome was better than I could have ever imagined. Dr. Long was kind and funny yet professional - immediately putting me at ease. Christy

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

My friends have had eyelid surgery from Doctor Long. They all recommend this guy. I could not be happier with my new eyelids. He is " the eyelid guy". I highly recommend! B Jameson

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. John A Long's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)