Ratings for Dr. John A Long

I am just now writing a review about Dr. Long as a result of searching for a good doctor. I realized how much I was depending on "real" reviews. In 2013 I was looking for a doctor to correct eyelid retraction caused by another doctor's aggressive laser resurfacing procedure. I had emailed, to Dr. Long's office, my medical information along with pictures of my eyes both before and after the laser mishap. Upon my visit with the doctor he entered the examining room assisted by a training intern. I extended my hand to introduce myself and he totally ignored me. He preceeded to pick up my file when I explained to him I had emailed pictures beforehand and had actually requested a telecom with him prior to making the two-hour drive to see if he could help me. He then turned to me and said: "I don't do that. And, I certainly wouldn't do it for someone like you." I'm sure some reading this, will find this hard to believe. But, as God is my witness, this is the truth. Trust me, I'm ashamed to have let someone abuse and embarrass me. I couldn't believe a living soul could be as arrogant, cruel and insensitive. I was so taken aback, instead of telling him he had no right to talk to me that way and running as fast as my feet would carry me, I sat there stunned and watched him walk out of the office without saying a word. If only I could relive this ONE day. Not only is he not professional, he is rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

In January of this year, 2018, Dr. John A. Long performed eyelid surgery on both of my eyes. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Long, the experience, and the results. Before the surgery, my eyelids were so heavy that my vision was impaired to the degree that I was looking through my eyelashes, had difficulty reading, and could not perform well enough in eye exams to get an accurate prescription for my glasses. On my first appointment with Dr. Long, he listened to my frustration and my description of the difficulties I was experiencing, performed a thorough examination, explained options and recommendations to correct the problem, and prepared me for what to expect with the surgery and the healing process. After surgery, he followed up with me immediately at the hospital and at home the following day. Following surgery, I had minimum bruising, minimal discomfort for a couple of days, healed quickly, and the results have been dramatic. My countenance is brighter, my peripheral sight and visual clarity is greatly improved. I am able to enjoy reading again for the first time in many years. Choosing to work with Dr. Long was the best decision I could have made. I would highly recommend him to friends. And, I already have!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

I went to Dr Long after my previous eyelid surgery was a nightmare.. On my first visit Dr Long assured me that he could repair my droopy eyelid. I made a appointment for the revision and he repaired my eyelid without any problem. Looks great! I wish I had chose Dr Long to do the first surgery. He's a super nice guy and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Extremely pleased with Dr. John Long, professional and rotatable. Eyelid surgery made so much difference in my life. Dr. Long was attentive, answered all my questions and explained all the details of the surgery and made me very relaxed and comfortable. I experienced very little discomfort and needed no pain medications afterwards. Extremely well pleased, guarantee you won't be disappointed. C. Magruder

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

The people and all services provided to me were professional. I would recommend Dr. Long to anyone! I had little to no swelling and bruising. The outcome was better than I could have ever imagined. Dr. Long was kind and funny yet professional - immediately putting me at ease. Christy

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

My friends have had eyelid surgery from Doctor Long. They all recommend this guy. I could not be happier with my new eyelids. He is " the eyelid guy". I highly recommend! B Jameson

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr Long is kind compassionate and a wonderful guy. He was able to fix my orbital fracture and make me feel comfortable. It is scary to deal with doctors and Dr Long was simply great! I highly recommend! J Jones

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Great doctor. Great outcome. I could not be happier with my blepharoplasty. My friends told me that Dr. Long is the "go to guy" for eyelid surgery. Had a great experience!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Long was strongly recommended by my dermatologist. I contacted him and had an appointment within a week. Within one more week I was having my surgery. Dr Long was very friendly and professional, explaining each step in the procedure and what I could expect. The surgery was shorter and easier than I had imagined. I had no pain and the recovery was a breeze. I am very satisfied with the results and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

I loved the process and the result of my eyelid lift procedure. Dr. Long and his outstanding staff made the whole thing as easy and worry-free as anyone could have!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr. John A Long's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Amerigroup