Ratings for Dr. Euan Frew

I am surprised that he is still in practice. Very nice man but a horrible doctor. He has a poor reputation with some others in the medical fied. Belittles others who are not doctors, such as technicians. Have spoken to some other former patients who have had surgery from him and many have had botched operations.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Dr Frew is an extremely competant surgeon. Both my husband and I became his patients and we are pleased to report that he has completely cured my husband of his ulcers and given him a new lease on life. Myself, with his help I can now control my problems with the help of prescribed medication. Dr Frew has a wonderful caring approach and we are sorry to know that he is nearing retirement.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2007

Dr. Frew did a laparoscope hernia repair that failed. His post-operation guidelines were fully complied with. He then re-did the hernia surgery with the conventional method with success. One of the entry points from the first surgery has since herniated.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

As a Crohn's patient I found Dr. Frew to be very personable and competent. I found that many specialists are quick to jump to the conclusion that surgery is the best policy. Dr. Frew monitored my condition and recommended a thorough review by two additional specialists and a consensus was achieved. This consensus prevented me from rushing into an unnecessary surgery, as advised by one specialist. Dr. Frew is my favorite doctor!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2007

This doctor is retired from the hospital and does not perform surgery or colonoscopies! Why would my family doctor send me to him if all he does is tell me I need to see another surgeon?!? Charged me $75 for a partial colonoscopy (sigmoidoscopy), and then told me I need to see somebody else for a full colonoscopy. Huh? Why was I not sent to somebody who does colonoscipies in the first place? It seems to me that Dr. Frew and the entire Caledonian Clinic is highly financially motivated. How can the college of physicians and MSP put up with this "middle man"? Nice to talk to, but useless to me. If your GP tries to send you to Dr. Frew be sure to ask him why, and exactly what they expect Dr. Frew to do.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2007

Not on time very often, if ever but the kind of doctor that makes you feel better just talking to him.....

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007