Ratings for Dr. Donald Advent

I can not say hiw sorry I am to hear that Dr Advent is retiring along with his nurse Linda. I have been a patient of his since he took over gor Dr Baxter, what a difference. ( no more 1 hour + waiting) You are both going to be missed. Best of luck

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Perhaps Dr. advent should take a current mental health class instead of operating like its the 90s. I will be dropping him after consecutive let downs. Don't waste your time with this doctor!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr advent is rude to patients and doesn't care about your health, he only cares if he gets paid or not.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I've had Dr. Advent for 10 years now and every time I go to see him, he is professional, quick and explains/ answers any questions I may have. The odd time he is even pretty funny with some of the comments he comes out with. I see some people seem to have some problems with his humor, but I love it. Overall, great Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I just saw this dr. at clinic yesterday and he scared the ^$%& out of me for no reason I went in with what another dr had told me was impacted ear wax. I was still miserable the next day even though it had been removed and I had drops. I seemed to think was in my jaw rather than ear so stopped at another clinic next day. Dr Advent told me nothing wrong with my ear, then told me he was giving me script for anti=inflammatories . Asked me if I was on any other meds and when I said actenol he went off on some rampage about me maybe having osteoencrosis. Got home and about 1/2 hour after my pain went away. He also looked at me and I am very slender and he said "Well make sure you do these things as you don't seem to be very healthy anyways"! HOW RUDE. I'm just fine ....went through cancer years and years ago and made it, went through a bad rare kind of pneumonia 3 yrs ago and made it (in fact my own family dr called me tenacious). Just because someone is slender does not mean they are not healthy Dr.! I won't go again to him, if I have to use a clinic and he is there I will walk right back out!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Excellent Dr. As people say he doesn't waste his time or yours. He is punctional, gets done what needs to get done to get you better and seems knowledgeable. I had an accident on a Sunday, saw a physio on Monday, called his office Tuesday morning and walked out before noon with a script for an MRI, a script for anti inflammitories and a script for a brace so my insurance would pay for it. The comments people make about him seeming to mock them or not care are just misinterpreting his sense of humour. I personally find him funny and caring, and like others have said, if your priority is having your hand held and not curing what ails you then go elsewhere. And one last thing, can't say enough great things about his staff, helpful, friendly, efficient...........

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Advent since he came to Barrie. I have always found him to be straightforward in his approach, answering questions with full information.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I saw Dr Advent at the Walk in Clinic yesterday. I really liked him and his manner. I feel he tells it like it is - from one human being to another rather than from an expert to a lesser human being - what he was prescribing and why and how it would work. No fake flattery which some people might call no bedside manner. I prefer honesty and knowledge to flattery. He is a real human being and there aren't a lot of those around. If I didn't have a doc I would certainly want him to be mine! Thanks Dr. Advent!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Advent for over ten years. He has always been empathetic and compassionate. His care and kindness, to address a serious issue during holiday season, was most professional. I would highly recommend him. Also, the staff have been top-notch and instrumental in Dr Advents success. Thank you to all who work in the office!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Great doctor and always on time but don't ever go to another doctor for a second opinion. Our 5 year old had be coughing for months and after being told there is nothing to worry about my wife and I opted for a second opinion. When we went to the new doctor we were asked to fill out papers so the new doctor would see our daughter. Seemed standard but Advent considers this as you dropping him as a family doctor and refuses to see you. So as I said good doctor but don't ever go to another doctor for a second opinion as he will drop you as soon as her finds out. Not at all understanding of our concern for a second opinion and I guess he just showed his true colors

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013