Ratings for Dr. Bernard Wolos

Dr.Wolos was the best family doctor there has ever been. How many doctors remember you by name without your file in thier handand how many remember whats going on in your life. And talks to you about it with genuine concern and interest. Regardless of what other people say about him on here, he's the best there ever was and ever will be. There will never be another one like Dr. "STAT"..lol known by other health care professionals. As Dr."At Once" lol. You are dearly missed. I only wish my future kids could have had you as a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

He was a wonderful doctor -- I am so sorry to hear about his passing. He had battled an illness and fought back -- making sure his patients had a doctor. He was my doctor almost my entire life -- almost 34 years, and I will miss him very much.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

I am very sad to say, Dr. Wolos passed away this last week-end. I will miss him very much. Never Forgotten Bernie xo

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr Wolos was a very good person...ppl may make nasty comments about him but think of this, how would you feel if you were going through what he was going through??? He had to listen to belly aching all day long and he was strong enough to come into work everyday and never complained about anything. Back in the day he would make house calls and work at the emergency dept and he didn't have to. His patients always came first NO MATTER WHAT!!! Everyone has bad days and so did he, but he did way more good than bad. Now a days you will never find a more caring doctor that cherishes their patients. If you needed a specialist, he got you the best...anything at all, he would do if he could. Nothing was too good for his patients...Remember that ppl.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

DR.BERNIE WOLOS, WHAT CAN I SAY; HE IS A WARM, CARING, SENSITIVE MAN. PEOPLE WHO CAN PASS JUDGEMENT ON A MAN WHO WOULDN'T JUDGE YOU. ONLY TRY TO HELP. I REMEMBER WHEN HE WAS DIAGNOSED, I WAS DEVISTATED THINKING HOW COULD GOD BE SO CRUEL. WHEN I TALKED TO HIM AND ASKED IF HE WOULD RETIRE HE SAID TO ME, 'KIMMY MY PATIENTS SUCH AS YOURSELF KEEP ME GOING AND KEEP ME STRONG'. I BELIEVE HE FELT THAT WAY FOR REAL. WHEN MY SON RHYS WAS BORN HE FLEW INTO THE ROOM STRAIGHT FROM HIS COTTAGE AND SAID 'HOPE YOU HAVEN'T STARTED WITHOUT ME' HE TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN AND CARE AND HE NEEDS THAT FROM US AS PATIENTS. I KNOW HE ISN'T THE SAME, HE'S BEEN TO HELL AND BACK THAT KIND OF PROCEDURE LEAVES A STAIN ON A PERSON. DO NOT BE QUICK TO BE SO CRUEL IN YOUR COMMENTS. I HAVE LOTS OF FOND MEMORIES ABOUT BERNIE WHEN HE WAS BERNIE AND NOTHING YOU CAN SAY CAN CHANGE THAT. TO ME HE IS A GREAT MAN AND I FEEL BLESSED FOR HAVING HIM IN MY LIFE. LOVE YOU DR. WOLOS KIM BISHOP-MATTHEWS AND FAMILY

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

I have found the staff at Dr. Wolos' to be polite, caring and helpful ( especially in the last few months ).I am sad that Dr. Wolos is fighting cancer and maybe that's why lately he seems so discouraged. He is knowledgeable and is quick to send you to a specialist but, on the other hand, he seems to be very dismissive and uncaring. He's been our Family Doctor for 30 years, we are lucky to have a Family Doctor but sometimes don't appreciate the way we're treated.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

I love Dr. Wolos.. he is the only one who can actually diagnose any of my illnesses. i have been to emerg and they usually screw it up.. i go to Dr. Wolos and he always knows! I think some ppl on here are being a bit selfish because he has cancer.. lets leave the judgements to yourself.. an illness will change you.. i am happy he is healthy and back and will continue to go him as long as I can.. as for the wait times... you always get in within the same day or within a day and the wait time is not that bad.. maybe its karma!!! Keep up the good work Dr. Wolos.. yourock

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

You People out there that knock down Dr. Wolos are probly the ones that walk in and expect to be seen right on the spot!!!!. Or you phone and expect to be seen that min. I've been in the waiting room when i've seen people walk in and just expect to be seen!!! What about the people who have! booked appt's.!! And those girls take them!!!.That's not a good staff?? Where in Ham. can you call your Dr. and get in right away? Think about that.Not many. I'm very very LUCKY to have Dr. Wolo9s as my Dr. He has never steered me wrong!!!He's been my Dr. since he opened his office in Elm King Plaza. For the peolpe out there that have nothing but bad things to say about Dr. Wolos, Sometime and at some point in your life he's been there for you!! Remember that!!As for his staff, you have know idea what their day contains!!!!!.From what i saw, i'm sure people walking in is a regular thing. I can just imagine the patients on the phone!!!!! So CHEERS to Dr. Wolos and! his Staff for being there for all!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Well, Well, Well...some things NEVER change. I left Dr. Wolos in July of 1976 ONLY BECAUSE OF HIS STAFF!!! In 1974, he had a wonderful lady working there, but when she left, OH MY! I have to believe Dr. Wolos, is till caring, kind and KNOWS HIS STUFF, but I couldn't take the staff, one in particular. Maybe you guys should tell Dr. Wolos everytime you see him if his staff is rude. Hopefully, they will smarten up and treat the patients with the respect and kindness they deserve. After all, without the patients, they wouldn't have a job or a pay cheque. I heard Dr. Wolos was ill and I certainly prayed for him and will continue. After reading all the comments, it sounds like other things NEVER change, and that is Dr. Wolos himself. Way to got BERNIE...we're all routing for you. May God Bless YOU & Keep YOU in the palm of his hand!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Dr. Wolos used to be an excellent Doctor. However, since becoming ill REALLY needs to retire. After reading some of the excellent comments on here, I felt it was important to let people know that he isn't such a great doctor anymore. He is notorious for misdiagnosing. I have spoken to and heard from a number of people about his poor judgement. He misdiagnosed two people I've heard about, plus a family member, in regards to cancer. As I said, Dr. Wolos was an excellent doctor, he delivered most of the people in my family, but in the past 5 years he should have retired. Further more he goes by statistics when giving prescriptions, instead of thinking about what may be harmful to the individual. ie. giving medication that shouldn't be taken by people with or with a history of epilepsy.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2008