Ratings for Dr. John Morrison

I went to this doctor with stomach issues and bowel issues. He sent me for an MRI I thought for my stomach/bowel issues. NO he sent me for an MRI on my lumbar spine. I'm not sure what the connection is. When I got to my MRI appointment even the technician was baffled as to why I was having the MRI on my lumbar spine as opposed to my stomach for which the original referral was for. Dr. Morrison changed the request. The MRI was performed about three weeks ago and my family doctor already had the results shortly after the procedure and it had nothing to do with my abdominal problems. Now I have to wait another couple of months to get an MRI on my abdomen and continue to suffer. At this time , three weeks later, I have not heard from Dr. Morrison. I will never go to this man again and I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Morrison I found him very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I recently had 2 procedures done by Dr. Morrison and I have found him very professional and knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain things and is very pleasant. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I just had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Morrison and everything went well. He is very kind, punctual and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

My mother had Dr. Morrison when she had a bleeding ulcer. His bedside manner was horrible. He came into her room 2 days after being admitted to hospital, and immediately told my sister and I to leave. We went into the lounge and waited and 20 mins. later I saw him walking down the hall. When we went back into my mom's room she said he had only been there about 3 mins. When the ulcer started bleeding again the next day, he did an emergency scope. He came out of OR and told us she had stomach cancer and if she bled again she would die. We were devastated obviously. Then 20 mins. later he said he was sending her to Windsor. Best thing that could have happened. 3 or 4 days later we got the results from the biopsy he did and it was negative - no cancer. Windsor did a biopsy as well and it was also negative. I wouldn't let this doctor do surgery on my cat.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Morrison is great I was having horrible pains from gallstones and he had me on the operating table 2 weeks later. Very good bedside manner and very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I just had a fairly brutal experience with this doctor. I was sent to him to have a colonoscopy and, during my consult, he determined that my issue was simply IBS and that I'm 'not the type of patient he can help'. He told me that I better get used to my symptoms and that I'll probably have them forever. He suggested eating more veggies and fruit and to look up "IBS" on the internet. As someone who has been dealing with stomach issues and is quite familiar with what IBS is AND the fact that raw fruits and veggies can be a pretty bad trigger, I found the whole experience to be quite insulting and completely unhelpful. I get that maybe I didn't need his surgical help but he talked to me like a child and provided nothing of value during my appointment. If I ever DO need surgery for my challenges, I will certainly not be returning to him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

This Dr has been working on my mother in law for 2 months now. He as done one surgery and has botched it horrible. She is worse off now than before he took out part of her stomach. Now he is blaming the issues on a 22 year old surgery. He is waiting a week and half now before attempting a new surgery to fix what he messed up. Please don't let this Dr carve away on your loved ones.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I was referred to this surgeon because I had a huge hernia that came on following other operations. I was told could not be fixed by two other doctors, and my life was miserable Dr. Morrison spent a lot of time explaining everything to me, and I did have a long complicated operation done. I am fully recovered, without complications, and have my life back again. I am so happy, and cant say enough good things about him and the way I was treated.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

I needed to have a mole removed as well as a colonoscopy. After reading the comments on this site, I was somewhat concerned about dealing with Dr. Morrison for these proceedures, however after meeting with him, found him to be very friendly and knowledgeable. The proceedures were booked within a short period of time and completed without complication.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011