Ratings for Dr. John Morrison

I was diagnosed with, Inguinal Hernia, and was referred to Dr. Morrison, I specifically requested a "No Mesh," surgery to which he complied. He requested that I quit smoking. I knew this would be a hard feat for me to do, but I really had no choice. My daughter got me a plant-based smoking cessation product called Cravv, no side-effects and by God's empowerment and these pills I QUIT! The surgery went exceptionally well, I am healing perfectly and Dr. Morrison's surgical skills were exceptional. The operation was very successful, I'm very happy with his expertise. I am very pleased with the Chatham hospital, where the surgery was done, the nurses were very nice and took the time with me, explained everything clearly and took very good care of me.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I would like to thank Dr Morrison , his nurse His knowledge and compassion is unheard of today. He had the confidence and expertise to perform surgery on me. While all other surgeons wouldn't touch me and basically said nothing was wrong, Dr Morrison listened and repaired a hernia. His nurse is compassionate and professional. Nothing but a positive experience. Sheila 😊

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Great doctor and an enjoyable person, seems like you knew him all your life,did pure tissue repair no mesh on right groin hernia,a bit sore but nothing I would call pain, was up walking 5 hours after surgery,travelled 12 hours by car and airplane to get home and still no pain and not on pain meds was worth the travel to have Dr Morrison perform the surgery , many thanks and the staff at Chatham Kent Health Authority were excellent !

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr Morrison did my hernia repair surgery WITHOUT MESH as I requested and everything went very well. It was well worth the 4 hr drive to have him due the surgery and the follow up. Professional, explained everything, no rushed appts-not your stereotypical taciturn surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Should have his license pulled. We should have sued him. My brother was in the hospital for a blood transfusion. Morrison was on call. He was NOT supposed to have ANY procedure as he has veins in his esophagus and stomache that had been banded already. His wife signs all his medical procedures, not him, yet when my sister in law left him there while he got his blood, while she went to get him slippers, Dr. Morrison had my brother sign a paper giving him the right to put a camera down his throat. My brother didn't know what he was signing. In the space of 30 short minutes, my brother was in the OR, where Morrison broke one of the veins and my brother bled out. He got to wear a football helmet taped to a balloon in his stomach for two weeks in ICU. Morrison s attitude was nothing short of ignorant, I wouldn't let him near anyone I cared about!!!!!!!!,,,

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I went to this doctor with stomach issues and bowel issues. He sent me for an MRI I thought for my stomach/bowel issues. NO he sent me for an MRI on my lumbar spine. I'm not sure what the connection is. When I got to my MRI appointment even the technician was baffled as to why I was having the MRI on my lumbar spine as opposed to my stomach for which the original referral was for. Dr. Morrison changed the request. The MRI was performed about three weeks ago and my family doctor already had the results shortly after the procedure and it had nothing to do with my abdominal problems. Now I have to wait another couple of months to get an MRI on my abdomen and continue to suffer. At this time , three weeks later, I have not heard from Dr. Morrison. I will never go to this man again and I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Morrison I found him very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I recently had 2 procedures done by Dr. Morrison and I have found him very professional and knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain things and is very pleasant. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I just had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Morrison and everything went well. He is very kind, punctual and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

My mother had Dr. Morrison when she had a bleeding ulcer. His bedside manner was horrible. He came into her room 2 days after being admitted to hospital, and immediately told my sister and I to leave. We went into the lounge and waited and 20 mins. later I saw him walking down the hall. When we went back into my mom's room she said he had only been there about 3 mins. When the ulcer started bleeding again the next day, he did an emergency scope. He came out of OR and told us she had stomach cancer and if she bled again she would die. We were devastated obviously. Then 20 mins. later he said he was sending her to Windsor. Best thing that could have happened. 3 or 4 days later we got the results from the biopsy he did and it was negative - no cancer. Windsor did a biopsy as well and it was also negative. I wouldn't let this doctor do surgery on my cat.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014