Ratings for Dr. John W. Baer

Dr. Baer calmed down the nerves of this anxious mama throughout the pregnancy. I wish he was also my family prac.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I love this office, Dr. Baer is the best doctor. They always greet me by name and I recommend him to anyone I know who's pregnant or I use needs a check up.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

He is one of the best doctors I have ever had. I have had 2 children with him and now awaiting to have my third. He always answers my questions honestly and professional. He doesn't make me feel out place and always provides the best care!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Ordered several tests that were unnecessary and when asked, no one on staff could explain why. This doctor was cold, unfriendly, and spent very little time with me at all. After asking about why I was being charged for extra tests, I was asked to leave and find another doctor. I would not recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Waited over an hour for appt, in addition to the most challenging office to make just a simple yearly appointment. Everything I called, the lines were busy and I was instructed to leave a vm and that u would get a returned call by end of business. After a WEEK of leaving messages, I finally get a call back, and can't see dr for another month! Once I have appt, I wait another hour to see him. This is the worst run practice!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I went to Dr. Baer based off the recommendations I had read online and by asking my doctors in other practices. He is very highly recommended and has a great reputation, except when it comes to natural births. I wanted a VBAC, and he was supportive to a point. He tended to be rushed and sometimes patronizing. He humored my requests at best, sometimes treated me like I was overreacting to things like I was an overly emotional pregnant woman which I can assure you I am not. My doula stated that among the midwives and doulas in the area he has a bad reputation. I can see why. All that said, he did defer to my wishes even in a long and painful labor saying I could do what I wanted so long as the baby was ok. He was very supportive in labor and delivery, checked in often, was there like he said he'd be. He is accountable and reliable, just doesn't seem to have the best bedside manner. He did my rectocele and assisted with my cystocele repair surgery. I had no issues with his repair or post op treatment of me. While not pregnant he has been a very level headed and even tempered doc that I will continue to see. Just beware, he might not be a good fit for all pregnant women. His front desk staff is terrible. Extremely unprofessional, talking unprofessionally about the patients that call in once they put them on hold. Their front desk is RIGHT in front of the waiting area where all of us could hear them mocking the callers. They are just as unprofessional in person as they are on the phone. They are horrible at speaking in a professional manner about basic things like cold medicines the doctor has approved during pregnancy. It is on a paper that they have posted on their wall and that is handed out to patients at the initial consultation. They are the absolute worst of the worst staff I have encountered. You'd expect that behavior from someone working the counter at McDonald's, not at one of the top rated OBGYN in CoSpgs.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I absolutely adore Dr. Baer. I would't trust anyone else to deliver my children. He is always very punctual and makes you feel like his only patient.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Called a month ago for an appt. I have a United Healthcare, a widely accepted insurance. I'm told that they take my insurance plan. In fact, she said they take all of the United Healthcare plans with the exception of two, neither one was mine. Before my appointment, I call to verify they have everything they need from me. They say they do. Once there, I proceed to give them my DL & ins. card, & spend 45 min. filling out 7 pgs. of personal info. Ya know, pregnancies I've had, miscarriages, med's I'm on, surgeries, my SS number, etc. THEN, this very rude lady calls me up to the counter for the 4th time to tell me that they DO NOT take my ins! I ask for the 7 pages of my info. back. Same lady refused. I tried reasoning with her, explaining that there's no purpose in keeping it since I'm not going to see the Dr. Finally, I tell her that unless she returns it I'm calling CSPD. I get a PHOTOCOPY of the paperwork. The office mgr. (in a not-so-nice way) finally hands me the original paperwork.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I was seeing a dif doc for my second pregnancy and i was contracting ALOT early on which she said was normal so i went into meet dr baer and HE IS AMAZING right off he checked my cervix for my contractions and let me know everything about what was happening! He is the best and now expecting our third im planning to go back to him. he doesnt beat around the bush and makes sure anything u have questions about is answered. before him i use to love the nurses more then the doc but now its the other way!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Baer has delivered 3 of my four children and will be delivering our 5th. We have complications and I wouldn't trust our pregnancies to anyone else. He is the most competent and most thorough doctor we have ever been to or talked with. His perfectionism makes him an outstanding doctor in his field and the staff at Memorial highly praise him and recommend! He always takes time to discuss issues and always delivers his own babies. Waiting time is always short unless he's at the hospital. He runs a very tight ship and is very successful in his own practice. He has a great bedside manner and is enjoyable to talk to. We are not just another number or person on a chart. We highly recommend Dr. Baer to everyone!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Dr. John W. Baer's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)