Ratings for Dr. J. Scott Bainbridge

The best pain Dr. I have ever had. He tried everything before going to surgery. He is kind and understanding and has always listened to all of my concerns. I don't understand the neg. comments. This guy basically saved my life (with his partner that did my spinal fusion.) I refer all of my friends to Dr. Bainbridge.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Bedside manners were good (no issues there), knowledge was potentially average, punctuality was definitely good. The problem is probably staff that they don't return calls and seem less interested in helping than they do in just injecting. Although my back injury is completely different than 8 years ago with my original MRI, they refused to authorize another one. My back was in spasm bad and I called to find out when I could get the injection they recommended and never heard back. Took urgent care then ER the next day to take care of me. I felt abandoned and neglected. Needless to say I haven't tried to call Denver Spine back again. This is possibly the staff and not the doc, but the doc should know his staff.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

I was so impressed with the diagnostic info shared. Viewing my xrays, with his explanation, helped me realize the degree of my problems causing the pain. Dr. Bainbridge's skill in giving me my injections was superb. I felt very relaxed and trusted the process. I felt he was thorough and truly cared. The follow-up physical therapy made a huge difference in my recovery.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

Very knowledgable and patient. Good explanations to patient

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

Horrable doctor, do not see this doctor, he has to verify with others if he is doing things correctly, I would never go to a doctor that is unconfident of himself, which means this one. I can not believe I let him do a epidural procedure on me even though it went ok. Much better pain management doctors out there.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

I work in the medical field. Had some neck problems and saw Dr. JS Bainbridge. He seemed very nice and knowledgeable with what he does. On the day of procedure he ran about 2.5 hours late. During procedure I elected not to have sedation since I knew that this is a pretty simple procedure. Though they tried to talk me into it. I found out why. The doctor is actually quite educated and knowledgeable in his specialty but HORRIFICALLY unskilled. He is very dependent on the technician in the room and does not trust and always seconds guess the staff he works with. When I ask the staff, they said that they work with Dr. Bainbridge very often and is familiar with him. Technically this doctor is NOT good at what he does. This is they type of doctor that should just do research and everything else except surgery/procedures. He and others who work with him are overconfident with his technical skills.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

My first appointment with this doctor he told me I wasn't in pain there was no reason for me to be on short term disability and using a walker. Needless to say I feel he is an idiot

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I never felt invalidated. He was very kind and willing to search for a solution to my pain.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Dr. B has helped me so much. I have referred many friends and colleagues to him. He understands my pain and hasn't given up on me even though treatment has been difficult. I always know that he won't give up and he will try whatever it takes to get rid of my pain without taking the easy way out.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2008

I was very disappointed in his demeanor and his professionalism. He was very nice to me until I disagreed with his treatment plan, and then everything changed. I always felt that I had to go home and research his proposed options because he failed to tell me the benefits AND RISKS about various procedures. He tended to make me feel that I wasn't trying hard enough to get better, while my new doctor compliments me for my efforts and constantly encourages me to keep going. Dr. B's academics may be outstanding, but heart and kindness are lacking.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007

Dr. J. Scott Bainbridge's Credentials

• Northeastern Oh Univs Coll Of Med, Rootstown Oh 44272 (Grad. 1987)