Ratings for Dr. Derek J. Ferrie

I am over 55, I felt he was not ok however he was really quick to pass over my open wound that needed treatment. Told me to go home and wash with soap. This is why I came. The area around the wound turned dark, went to ER, as the infection had spread down my leg. Three weeks in hospital, two home with home health; gave me meds that made me see Jesus and the Angels. I won't go back to him. I only have my monthly check and his ignorance nearly cost me my life and my head accountant job. He over medicated me and wouldn't own up to it. He told my son I was becoming senile and he suggested I go to a home. This doctor should go back to school and work on his drug interactions. I would have died from his lack of interest in my case.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

He is a good doc and seems to have more than adequate skills. Sometimes he fails to make eye contact so a person may think he's not interested but I believe he's a very smart and down to earth doctor. He has certainly improved my over all health and I would refer my best friend to him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Great listener, very responsible, took action, improved my quaility of life incredibly so. Uses new methods, new meds. Saw 7 other local docs, he was the first to recognize and act. He took xrays and medicated me responsibly where as others just told me there was no help or they wouldn't help my detriorating health situation. He follows up and has given me new hope and outlook on my health situation. He doesn't promise you the moon and he makes good solid referrals and doesn't waste my money. His referrals are not money suckers and they are very competent people. I just cannot tell you in words how much he has done for me in the last two years over the past ten years of dealing with my health issue with other doctors. He doesn't play the come in every week for blood thinner testing like other local doctors do. He really is quite respectable and well thought of by the people he referred me to. He gives me respect whereas alot of other docs who just give you a number and a bill.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

very caring and very good about making referals as needed!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Dr. Derek J. Ferrie's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Mitchell, SD