Ratings for Dr. Tom Perkin

Dr Perkin is a caring family physician. During a recent illness he took the time to call me at home to explain outcomes of tests and once spent almost an hour with my wife and I in his office to explain results of recent medical procedures. He is obviously a doctor who takes his profession seriously! Thank you Dr. Perkin!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Simply the best! And yes he does call you at home after her has put in a full shift at the office. I was in major back pain and called my house every night to see my progression. Even after I was home recovering from surgery he checked in. It's hard to get great care these days and someone also with the compassion. I can never thank him enough for everything he has done for me.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr. Perkin has been thorough with any health issues in the last 20 years. My Wife and children also see him and have never had a red flag come up or negative issue. He doesn't seem rushed, meaning he listens and asks questions. He will establish (a bench mark)and monitor things like blood, watching for improvement or if a (different)action is required. The staff are quite helpful with appointments, keeping info up-to-date, and encouraging a positive experience. At times Dr. Perkin may have to spend extra time with other clients before you, running behind schedule. The staff are very helpful if you ask or call ahead so you don't have to wait there. I run errands or go for a snack. I am happy with his work on me.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

He is the only Dr. i have heard of that will call you at 7, 8, 9pm at night on a saturday or sunday even to check up on you. My husband was in alot of pain and he made the effort to check on him to see how he was making out. I know with my own dr. its like pulling teeth to see her or any of the other 3 dr.s she has on staff. But with Dr. perkins he makes thing easier.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Dr. Perkin is a very good Dr. He is always willing to refer if he feels that it is necessary. He even called me in the evening to see how things were going when I had a medical concern. I am sure that this does not happen in this profession often. Thank you for being a great doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

very caring doctor,goes out of his way to accomodate. Extremely thankful for all his professional care.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Very disappointing. Does not treat patients with respect. He is willing to listen but doesn't solve issues well.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

best family doctor in area. takes time to explain treatments etc. cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2008

Dr. Perkin delivered my children in Wallaceburg - he is by far the most compassionate caring physician I have ever dealt with. He would call the house at night when on of the kids were sick to see how they were and if any other medication would be needs. I wish he still practiced in Wallaceburg.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Dr. Perkins is a caring, knowledgeable and rare breed of Dr. He always goes out of his way to explain and ensure the patient and family understands the situation. I am caring for my sick, elderly mother at home and have had the privilege of leaning on his expertise even though he is not my mother's physician. Because of his help my mother has remained in our home rather than a long term care facility. Thank you Dr. Perkins........wish there were a lot more just like you!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007