Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Watson

I visited Dr. Stephen Watson for the first time a couple of months ago due to pulmonary issues. Given I had been under the care of his father in the past and really felt comfortable with him, I had expectations of professionalism and courtesy of Stephen Watson. Within 3-5 seconds of entering the exam room, I felt as though I was an inconvenience to him. He entered the room with an irritable expression and poor eye contact. Albeit I was having difficulty breathing, he was dismissive by saying "What else do have other than a cough?" I had to repeat my symptoms in full to him twice within 10 minutes. He burped throughout the exam and although the appointment was immediately after his lunch break, this is not professional by any means. Then, he made small talk of past unrelated treatment I had under his father (ever heard of HIPPA???). He left the room briefly and upon his return, he had a smirk on his face as though there was an inside joke going on with his staff. From beginning to end, this physician was very unprofessional. I work in the medical field and along side physicians regularly. I know a good physician and this is not one of them. This man is an unprofessional quack. If you have good insurance and/or you can afford to go to another physician, I strongly recommend spending a bit of time asking around. There are plenty of good physicians with great bedside manners...too many to settle for this doctor. Lastly, his office staff were just as wonderful. The only good thing about this appointment was that I did receive the proper medications for my illness.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Stephen M. Watson's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

AHC