Ratings for Dr. Alan G. Shepard

Not sure about the other reviews, but he is smart, attentive , thorough and competent. Many teaching awards from a top university.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I recently started seeing Dr. Shepard and have now switched to another doctor. He seemed disinterested and disengaged both in person and via email. He is a poor communicator and doesn't listen with empathy or with curiosity -- he seems mostly interested in being done. My biggest concern was not that he wasn't "warm and fuzzy" however, it's that I was worried that his unwillingness to listen to my symptoms would affect the quality of care I received from him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr Shepard after being previously diagnosed and treated for several ailments. My previous neurologist, who is great, moved to California. Dr Shepard did not provide any answers/assistance to me whatsoever. He simply told me I needed bloodwork and a mri then left. I had to ask his nurse about getting migraine medications (one of reasons I was there). I got test results sent to me via email with no explanations/follow ups or calls. A waste of time and money. Staff is extremely nice, though.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I was recently disagnosed with numerous ailments, one causing an ER visit. When I left the ER, they suggested I follow up with a neurologist to get to the root of my issue, recommended Dr Shepard. I ended up extremely dispappointed. I was the first appointment of the day and he didnt seem interested in answering questions or asking much about my history. He ordered an mri and quickly rushed out of the exam room stating he would call me with the results. He never did. The whole visit wasnt longer than 8 minutes. Being a doctor is more than just ordering blood work or an mri, its actually lsitening to your patient and trying to give answers that would make the patient feel better and trust his choice of doctor. Would not recommend Dr Alan Shepard at all. Im sure hes one heck of a neurologist, just didnt see it that day.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

This Dr is very knowledgeable and listens. He went to bat for me when Medicare wouldn't pay for an expensive and necessary medicine. He fought for 3 months to get it approved. I used to work in a Doctors office; and was impressed with the work both he and his staff did for me.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

He is not knowledgeable at all. He's confused about why your in his office to medication, from A-Z. He doesn't hear a word you said, a few minutes later he will ask the same questions. Don't waste your time or money.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

very good doctor! traveled several hours to see him and worth it.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

I have been to many neurologists and Dr. Shepard is the best of the lot. My internist referred me and spoke highly of him and she was right. I have never written one of these reviews before but I have been to some bad neurologists so now tha I found a good one, I wante dto let people know about him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Wonderful, caring and knowledgeable Doc! This guy is a keeper. Highhly recommended

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

This Dr. was very professional, obviously knows what he is talking about and has a good personality. I plan to keep seeing him. The best neurologist I have seen in Illinois.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. Alan G. Shepard's Credentials

• Loyola University Medical School (Grad. 1993)