Ratings for Dr. Marjorie Dixon, MD, FRCSC, FACOG, REI

Dr. Dixon is continuously demonstrating the knowledge in the IVF field, as well as her passion in research for newest tehcniques and methodologies. IVF is emotionaly heavy for the patients, so the warmth and the care that Dr. Dixon is showing during each session or procedure is definitely helping on that path. Our two angels are on this world because of Dr. Dixon's capabilities. I don't think there can be better recommendation.:)

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

A former patient captured the essence of this doctor's practice - "BROKEN TELEPHONE". Whenever I went in for blood, ultrasound, etc. the doctor who reviewed the file would say - okay - so what's the plan or something to that effect. I had to summarize my protocol and ask the questions. Clear lack of communication between doctors, nurses, and ultrasound techs. Deep - a tech - do NOT have any ultrasounds by her. Although we are slotted for a 15 or 20 minute 'visit', you are on the table for maximum 4 minutes. I question her credentials!!! She is too fast off the mark and has made several serious errors. BUT she is the ultrasound supervisor? This clinic needs a serious overhaul.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

My experienced with her is unhappy; Late for an hour 1/2; saying all her opinion without compassion.. Doesn’t check our file what is done or need to be done , being late for that long she knows what to do with our follow up. We steeped in decided to proceed the IVF procedure but everything is gone as soon as she start the conversation. Doesn’t know why we need a follow up” May u decide to adopt a child or not having a child if don’t go for IVF” with a sarcastic smile. Nothing wrong with all those opinion but we came to this place simply because of hope to have atleast one child of our own. Never remend to this place.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

She is more business savvy than empathetic for a doctor who practices in an area where patients need that extra TLC as they are already going through such turmoil. She seems to push IVF even before getting to the bottom of things. Both her and her staff are unresponsive. She does sound knowledgeable but her staff are terrible and can’t seem to give a straight answer for any questions. There is a serious case of broken telephone in this clinic. I would highly recommend going elsewhere but if you do stay always double check everything you are told and validate the information you get with the different personnel working on your file.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Saw Dr.Dixon at her older clinic 2.5 years ago. I was so stressed trying to get pregnant and having suffered a miscarriage and all tests came back normal for both me and my husband was frustrating. Dr.Dixon kept assuring me by stressing out doesn't help the process. She suggested things for us to do and what do you know... the next month we had out rainbow baby. Dr.Dixon is professional and caring.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

It took me years of trying to get pregnant. I finally went to Dr Dixon. Sweet lady. Great personality. Always singing and happy. She told me my odds. And guided me into the best fertility options. Today, thanks to Dr Dixon,(after God of course), i have my son.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I started seeing Dr. Dixon about 2 years ago to help manage my diagnosed PCOS - because my research had led me to her as an HCP with significant experience in this disease state. As a 25 year old, I was not seeking pregnancy for at least 4-5 years, but wanted to fully understand how to manage the PCOS symptoms that I was experiencing (including very severe acne and hair loss), and get ahead of any fertility concerns that I might have as a result of my PCOS. Dr. Dixon was continuously unhelpful and showed little to no interest in my PCOS, despite my pushing (working in healthcare, I know that HCPs are stretched quite thin and sometimes require some respectful pushing and self-advocacy - and I'm generally okay with that!). With regards to my hair loss (which I was visibly upset and concerned about, and which brought me back to her clinic for several visits), she told me that "sometimes women just lose their hair". When I challenged her notion that a sudden onset of hair loss was "normal and healthy" for a woman in her 20s, she laughed and said that if I do get pregnant, I can expect "a whole lot more hair loss then". In other words, she completely blew me off and that concluded our visit. I never felt that Dr. Dixon was empathetic to my challenges as a patient, and frankly, for her to profess that she understands PCOS is extremely misleading. When it was clear that she couldn't help me further, she referred me to an endocrinologist in the clinic, Dr. Goldberg - who shockingly understood even less about PCOS (the most common female endocrine disorder), and showed similarly low levels of empathy as Dr. Dixon. It is clear that Dr. Dixon's clinic is set up to make money off of patients who are seeking pregnancy. That's completely fine; however, as a patient who is very likely to require these treatments when the time comes - she has most certainly lost my business. And based on the reviews posted from women here who ARE seeking pregnancy, the probability of me seeking her services for fertility therapies is zero.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I love this brilliant lady. I have 3 beautiful children all concieved via IVF frozen embryo transfer. She is so dedicated to her patients. I can never truly thank her enough for being so dedicated to helping my family dreams comes true. I travelled nearly 5 hours each way for every appointment and if it meant Dr Dixon would still be my Dr I'd travel double that.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

A doctor who thinks she's so great at what she does. I think she cares more about her reputation among anything else. I've never felt that she truly wants to help me and my husband. She's so cocky and fullof herself. This is a clinic who clearly just wants money from the patients. You don't get to see her or talk to her or gets to asks questions (only at the first consultation) and you clearly can't get a clear explanation for your questions. I wasted so much of my time here, I am at a downtown clinic now and the difference of my experience is like night and day.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I had such an amazing experience with dr. Dixon and her whole team. I was petrified of blood tests and injections (both of which I needed) and they were all very supportive and understanding. I love that the staff gets to know you by name and they seem genuinely happy to see you. The office is gorgeous and I often felt like I was going to a spa- maybe that’s just me though. Thank G-d I was only there for a short period of time, but if we need help with our next one, I will be back there!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr. Marjorie Dixon, MD, FRCSC, FACOG, REI's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dixon is an advocate for women’s health and speaks about fertility nationally and internationally. She can be found monthly on CityLine educating Canada about their health. Dr. Dixon was appointed to Ontario’s Expert Panel on Infertility and Adoption to advise the government on how to improve the Ontarians access to fertility treatment, as well as how to improve Ontario’s adoption system. In 2016, she founded Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health in Toronto, Canada. A world-class center focused on being the leader in innovation, education, and communication for quality, humanized fertility, and reproductive care. Dr. Marjorie Dixon is a graduate of McGill University’s School of Medicine. Following her initial postgraduate training at the University of Toronto in Obstetrics and Gynecology, she completed her postgraduate training at the University of Vermont. Through the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, she achieved her specialty in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. For Dr. Marjorie Dixon's full bio please visit this link http://anovafertility.com/about-us/dr-marjorie-dixon

• French
  • English
  • Spanish

• McGill University (Grad. 1997)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Vermont (Grad. 2005)
  • John Abbott College (Grad. 1992)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal