Ratings for Dr. Marjorie Dixon, MD, FRCSC, FACOG, REI

Dr. Dixon is continuously demonstrating the knowledge in the IVF field, as well as her passion in research for newest tehcniques and methodologies. IVF is emotionaly heavy for the patients, so the warmth and the care that Dr. Dixon is showing during each session or procedure is definitely helping on that path. Our two angels are on this world because of Dr. Dixon's capabilities. I don't think there can be better recommendation.:)

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Dixon about 2 years ago to help manage my diagnosed PCOS - because my research had led me to her as an HCP with significant experience in this disease state. As a 25 year old, I was not seeking pregnancy for at least 4-5 years, but wanted to fully understand how to manage the PCOS symptoms that I was experiencing (including very severe acne and hair loss), and get ahead of any fertility concerns that I might have as a result of my PCOS. Dr. Dixon was continuously unhelpful and showed little to no interest in my PCOS, despite my pushing (working in healthcare, I know that HCPs are stretched quite thin and sometimes require some respectful pushing and self-advocacy - and I'm generally okay with that!). With regards to my hair loss (which I was visibly upset and concerned about, and which brought me back to her clinic for several visits), she told me that "sometimes women just lose their hair". When I challenged her notion that a sudden onset of hair loss was "normal and healthy" for a woman in her 20s, she laughed and said that if I do get pregnant, I can expect "a whole lot more hair loss then". In other words, she completely blew me off and that concluded our visit. I never felt that Dr. Dixon was empathetic to my challenges as a patient, and frankly, for her to profess that she understands PCOS is extremely misleading. When it was clear that she couldn't help me further, she referred me to an endocrinologist in the clinic, Dr. Goldberg - who shockingly understood even less about PCOS (the most common female endocrine disorder), and showed similarly low levels of empathy as Dr. Dixon. It is clear that Dr. Dixon's clinic is set up to make money off of patients who are seeking pregnancy. That's completely fine; however, as a patient who is very likely to require these treatments when the time comes - she has most certainly lost my business. And based on the reviews posted from women here who ARE seeking pregnancy, the probability of me seeking her services for fertility therapies is zero.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I love this brilliant lady. I have 3 beautiful children all concieved via IVF frozen embryo transfer. She is so dedicated to her patients. I can never truly thank her enough for being so dedicated to helping my family dreams comes true. I travelled nearly 5 hours each way for every appointment and if it meant Dr Dixon would still be my Dr I'd travel double that.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

A doctor who thinks she's so great at what she does. I think she cares more about her reputation among anything else. I've never felt that she truly wants to help me and my husband. She's so cocky and fullof herself. This is a clinic who clearly just wants money from the patients. You don't get to see her or talk to her or gets to asks questions (only at the first consultation) and you clearly can't get a clear explanation for your questions. I wasted so much of my time here, I am at a downtown clinic now and the difference of my experience is like night and day.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I had such an amazing experience with dr. Dixon and her whole team. I was petrified of blood tests and injections (both of which I needed) and they were all very supportive and understanding. I love that the staff gets to know you by name and they seem genuinely happy to see you. The office is gorgeous and I often felt like I was going to a spa- maybe that’s just me though. Thank G-d I was only there for a short period of time, but if we need help with our next one, I will be back there!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr Dixon just pushed donor egg on us. I only did 1 cycle monitoring and she gave up

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

She only care for rate of fertility in her clinic and because of that she push you for doner egg, I was always crying in every single session I saw her because she was trying to convince me I can't get pregnant and I should go for doner egg, please go and see Dr Virro he is not hungry for money and he is very positive, he is the one you can trust not her

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I first started seeing Dr Dixon in October of 2015. After a year and a half of trying on our own, my husband and I decided to seek medical intervention. Our first meeting with Dr Dixon was wonderful, and she assured us that she would get us pregnant in no time. Both my husband and I were young, and even though none of us knew anything about our abilities to conceive at that point, Dr Dixon said it would be easy peasy. Her words.That was one of the rare occasions that I saw her as my doctor. The next visit I saw Dr. Ade-Conde and he looked at my chart and bluntly said "alright, so it says here that you have PCOS and a cyst in your left ovary. What were we going to do about that?" It was the first time that I had heard either of those things before, and he said it like he was telling me that the sky was blue. I asked for clarification, he gave a very short description, and suggested I just Google it. He wasn't being cold - he just had other patients to see, and he thought that I already knew. For the next few months we tried naturally, doing cycle monitoring with morning ultrasounds and blood work. When that didn't work, I was prescribed Clomid. They said that I should expect various light side effects, including blurred vision in extreme cases, but not to worry. Our first month of it wasn't successful, so the next month I was in, I told them about my side effects. We were with Dr Dixon again, for the first time in a while, and she was joined by a resident or intern. I told her that the blurred vision was way worse than they warned, and I had to pull over when driving because I couldn't even see my steering wheel. She laughed and said to her intern "wow, ok, that's bad. That means that there was a significant decrease in blood flow to the brain, and that could be a precursor to stroke. Let's not put her on that again." I sat in the room like a piece of furniture, and listened to them talk about how bad of a reaction that was as if I wasn't even there. I tried not to take this personally, and I could recognize that she was trying to use it as a teaching moment, but it felt awful. The next month they had me on Gonal injections, and they tried me at a low dose to see how it would go. The next few months they tried gradually increasing the dosage, all to no avail. Months later I was with Dr. Ade-Conde again, and he said "ok, lets try another round of Clomid." I said that I thought I couldn't have that, to which he looked at my chart and said "oh, you're right. Ok. Let's go back to Gonal then." That careless oversight would have put me back on medication that could have caused a stroke. I felt like none of the doctors communicated anything with each other. A few months later, their offices moved from one location to another, and they were having a hard time locating files. I was called in, and Dr. Belej-Rak said "ok, so what do you want to try this month?" I asked what my chart suggested, she said she couldn't find it, so she just suggested that I try to same thing as last month. Keep in mind that every month costs upwards of $750 with Gonal injections and ovulation inducing needles, so to not bother looking for my chart just unbelievable. I said I wanted to know what my chart said, she responded by slamming the door as she left and saying that she was doing her best. In her defence, I can only assume that I wasn't the only one who had asked her that question that day, and that her patience was all but depleted. It wouldn't be her responsibility to unpack and sort the files. She returned some 5 minutes later with my chart, and a prescription, and I left feeling like I had somehow inconvenienced her. A few months after this, my husband and I finally got pregnant. I went in for blood work to confirm the pregnancy, and everything was looking good. They had me come back for morning samples to monitor hormone levels, and I've never been so excited to give blood. While at brunch with my parents, gifts in hand as we were ready to tell them our news, the clinic called to say that my hormone levels had dipped and we had lost the baby. No lead up, just a clinical report. We were in the middle of a restaurant crying, completely caught off guard. A few months later we tried a round of IUI, which was unsuccessful. At this point, I had been living in a cloud of artificial hormone-induced depression for well over a year, and I was constantly sick with the progesterone they had me on. We had maxed out our lifetime allotment for fertility health insurance, and personally were out thousands. After this failure, we decided to stop seeing Dr Dixon and her associates. I've since had to seek additional medical help to rid my body of the artificial hormones. It's been almost a year now, and I'm still not back to normal

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Not recommended at all, just wasting time and money

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

She the best doctor I ever had. Very caring and takes time to explain things to you. I recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Marjorie Dixon, MD, FRCSC, FACOG, REI's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dixon is an advocate for women’s health and speaks about fertility nationally and internationally. She can be found monthly on CityLine educating Canada about their health. Dr. Dixon was appointed to Ontario’s Expert Panel on Infertility and Adoption to advise the government on how to improve the Ontarians access to fertility treatment, as well as how to improve Ontario’s adoption system. In 2016, she founded Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health in Toronto, Canada. A world-class center focused on being the leader in innovation, education, and communication for quality, humanized fertility, and reproductive care. Dr. Marjorie Dixon is a graduate of McGill University’s School of Medicine. Following her initial postgraduate training at the University of Toronto in Obstetrics and Gynecology, she completed her postgraduate training at the University of Vermont. Through the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, she achieved her specialty in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. For Dr. Marjorie Dixon's full bio please visit this link http://anovafertility.com/about-us/dr-marjorie-dixon

• French
  • English
  • Spanish

• McGill University (Grad. 1997)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Vermont (Grad. 2005)
  • John Abbott College (Grad. 1992)