Ratings for Dr. Debra Bowen

Best doctor ever! Extremely kind, patient, knowledgable and caring.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Bowen is amazing. Been seeing her though out my Carleton U life but the clinic can only take you up to a year after graduation. So bummed that I have to fine a new doc but to anyone currently going to Carleton Uni then she's the dr, to see.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I concur with all those who miss you Dr. Bowen. She is a genuine, thorough and compassionate doctor. I feel lucky to have had her initially for myself in 1990 and by the time she left for my family of 5. If she is at Carlton good for her, exactly the type that should be teaching! We need more doc's like her. Lori was great too!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I miss you Dr. Bowen... probably the best doctor I've ever had and met. (and I work in a hospital!)

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I so miss you Dr. Bowen. Not only the location because that was great, but your wisdon knowledge and understanding that I had come to appreciate over the almost 20+ years that you were my physcian and then my sons'. I did not have a pediatrican as I was more than conmfortable with your expertise. Your bedside manner was remarkable. Cameron and I thank you for the years we were your patients.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Bowen was my doctor for many years. However, when she left her practice on Carling Avenue she was unsure where she would surface. I got a doctor right away thanks to Dr.. Bowen being straight forward with me on that information. She had given me time to shop. The front office helped a great deal with that as well. She is very professional, compassionate, knowledgeable...extremely so, personable, and one heckuva diagnostician. As said elsewhere she does call you at home on occasion where warranted. I really liked this doctor. Glad she is at Carleton by the sounds of things. Just a lovely person and a lovely doctor. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone who wants to have a knowledgeable, caring, personable doctor to spearhead their care. Thank you Dr. Bowen, should you read this, you were and probably still are a jewel of a doctor. You diagnosed me very well when I was your patient. Thank you for your high moral ethics and wonderful ability to diagnose various issues. Great doc!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr.Bowen has changed my life in so many ways, and we only met at the beginning of this month. She was very patient, kind, understanding and did not make me feel silly for confessing I had googled my symptoms and thought it might be X (it was). She is able to laugh with you like a friend but will take care of you diligently and knowledgeably like she were your own mother (were your mother an M.D!). She will not hesitate to give you a requisition if she thinks it is right for you and never makes you feel foolish for any shortcomings you have made with your health, instead she picks you up, dusts you off and puts you on the right path for being healthy. She is an excellent diagnostician as well and I recommend anyone who has a health problem they've been putting off and are at Carleton to go see her without hesitation. She will go above and beyond for a complete stranger. Thank you so much Dr.Bowen, you've truly made a difference in my life.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Bowen was my family Dr. for > 20 yrs. I was new to Ottawa as was she when I first met her. Thorough, compassionate, never made you feel rushed, took time and effort to answer all questions. Treated me as a whole, adressing physical issues as well as seeking to understand how life circumstances impacted my emotional health. Top notch physician, I only wish she still was in general practice, she is an asset to the community, profession and society. I wish her the very best.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Best doctor ever! Made visiting doctor a plesant experience. Has looked after my son an me. Really miss her!! A true professional. I wish her well wherever she is.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Dr. Bowen is the most wonderful and brilliant physician. We miss you, Dr. Bowen!!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011