Ratings for Dr. Sheelagh Pyper

Im reading all the comments left by patients I am in awe...why are these issues regarding rude staff not addressed, makes one wonder about the Doctors providing care.,If the whole environment as a whole is in choas and most ofthe Doctors are rude, unapproachable, it would explain the reason why the rest of the staff acts in same manner, very sad to view, along with concerning. As for Dr. PYPER, NO COMPLAINTS, found her to be very respectful of your concerns, good bedside manner, loved interaction with her and addressing my medical needs. Would recommend as a Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Pyper is wonderful. It doesn't matter how long goes by between visits, she greets me as if it was yesterday, inquiring about family members etc. The nurses are wonderful also... so friendly, comforting, and encouraging. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the reception staff. It's too bad they are the first people you interact with on the phone or in the office as they set the tone for the remainder of the appointment. They have no compassion, are abrupt at best and talk down to you. I have tried to rate fairly, considering all aspects, but it's hard. If I was just rating Dr. Pyper, it would be all 5 stars, except punctuality, but I think that is probably the case for most doctors.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

The receptionist staff are rude, I have never encountered such behaviour they talk down to you, it is impossible to get an appointment partially because no one ever answers the phone and if your lucky enough that they do, you will not be greeted by a friendly voice, you will be told the next appt is weeks away, they are unknowledgeable, rude, not personable at all, not someone you wish to share why you would need an appt. Dr Pyper is always behind schedule, does not like to give referrals to specialists, does not properly or accurately document patient visits, has given prescription for medication that no longer exisists, has given prescription with the wrong name. Has given inaccurate information, i have spoke to a couple of her patients who have had many of the same issues, I am currently looking for a new doctor

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

The entire team at this office is great. It's a massive team so someone can always help you within the same day. Dr. Pyper has only the highest referral list should you ever need some of the areas top specialists. We have been patients for over 20 years and have never had an issue. Her chronic care nurse James is very knowledgeable and up to date with research findings etc. Great care!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I like Dr Pyper and her staff. Great overall experience when I go to this office. She only works 3 days week but there is a Physician's Assistant you can see and after hours care is also available. This team is really dedicated to your health and wellness! I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I have called twice in the past day and no response. I got to the doctors 3 minutes late the one day and they told me I'd have to come back after lunch. But I was at work so I couldnt. So they charged me. I refuse to pay it. I do not like this staff at all. My daughter was feeling upset/depressed (her first appointment ever with dr pyper) and she put her on anti depressants without asking her questions or talking to her or finding out what the root of the problem was. She thinks drugs are the only way to fix things. Not impressed. Switching doctors soon if the receptionists dont change.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Yes I am sickened to death of these receptionists I don't want them knowing my personal information.when I make an appointment now I say it's personal I need 15 min. When I get a prescription faxed in it takes days before doc even gets it you people are just plain idiots #$##@@@#$ Dr. Pyper ok

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Although Dr Pyper is a pleasant woman, she isn't especially competent. It's very difficult to get an appointment at a reasonable time. If you expect a quick visit, forget about it. The reception staff are also terrible and lack compassion. The overall experience is always miserable.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Overall Dr. Pyper is an OK GP. My chief complaint is with her staff. Nurses are great, but receptionists are atrocious. Over the past 15 years my patient information has been lost, not relayed, miscommunicated, etc. I attended the office a month ago. I was told I was being referred to a specialist. I double checked with the reception desk before I left (knowing how simple things like this are often screwed up) and was told "the referral was in there". I waited a month with no call from the specialist. I called the specialist, and no referral had been made. I called back Dr. Pyper's office and as usual, they could find no record of a referral to be made, and Dr Pyper was on vacation. Mistakes like this don't seem monumental, but when you're feeling horribly and being made to wait to see someone who may be able to provide you some relief, adding another month's wait is awful. Would be no big deal ordinarily, but these mistakes happen ALL THE TIME at this office.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

About 15 yrs ago my friend recommended Dr. Pyper to me - it was a godsend. Dr. Pyper provides her clients with a personal touch-she genuinely takes an interest in her clients (I have had doctors who didn't have a clue). When my aged mother needed a physician, Dr. Pyper was there & has been there for her through some very tough times! Extreme patience, sense of humour, and an understanding of the real world.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011