Ratings for Dr. John R. Adams

Dr. Adams is all about numbers in and numbers out. I came down with pneumonia in February. I went to see him and he ordered a chest Xray-that’s it! As he was leaving, I went to ask him a question (a very important one!!!) and he told me he only scheduled 5 minutes for me and to make an appointment when he had more time. Needless to say, he charged my insurance carrier for a full appointment-$120. This is only the second time I have seen him...first time, he ordered test and I never heard back with results. I had to call. His office is guarded by a phone system that leads patients through an endless maze where you eventually hit a dead end or have to leave voice messages. By the time they call you back at the end of the day, it is usually phone tag. You MIGHT make contact with the office a day later. This is the kind of care you get during office hours, heaven help you if you get sick during non office hours. The appointment staff is not nice either. Buyer beware!!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Dr. Adams is the worst doctor in the world. I went to him with a suspicious testicle and he told me nothing was wrong. A year later I went to another doctor and was told I had testicular cancer. Dr. Adams never ordered any tests or anything. I even had tender nipples which is a sympton of testicular cancer. He totally missed the mark. I could have died if I had taken his word. MEN BEWARE

flag | Submitted December 14, 2008

This doctor is awesome! He is very sweet and really cares, he goes way out of his way to treat you. He doesn't hesitate to send you to a specialist. He spends quality time with each patient and doesn't ush you.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Dr. John R. Adams's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1997)