Ratings for Dr. Bal K. Khandelwal

Terrible office manager whom I believe must be his wife. Awful, awful, awful at her job. This is a person who can make your life miserable! She only half listens, gets confused, asks you the same questions over & over, acted like she had smelled out something udishonest regardingmy right to use my insurance, completely on a false track that sprang entirely from her imagination, then continued to stare at me as tho she was going to work the truth out if me. Then, she flipped her point of view when I refused to do the bloodwork at their office & tried to coax me into doing it there. I agree with all that has been said about the doctor in the other reviews -- highly defensive, short-tempered, little to no explanations. The entire staff seems very unhappy and I don't blame them!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

super rude staff, especially his wife the office manager who refused to explain any charges to me. i have waited over 3 hours just to see the doctor every time. dr is not helpful or approachable at all. he has no manners and explains nothing to you. every time i leave feeling frustrated, ignored, like nobody understands or believes me and broke because they charge me so much and refuse to explain the charges. i would go to another doctor but the closest one is 200 miles away and i am strongly considering it!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

I waited 1.5 hrs before I was called to exam room; entire visit was 3 hrs! He is the only rheumatolosit in Midland. When I complained directly to me his justification for long wait was that he is overworked. I didn't have problem with office staff. Other complaint is that he diagnosed me with Fibromilaga and I'm nearly certain this is making mountain out of mole hill. He perscribed LONG list of blood tests + several expensive meds. I think I'll get second opinion before proceeding.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

The staff is rude, cold, unprofessional and unfriendly. The office wait is always at least 2 hours. They consistently overbook. The office and examining rooms are unclean and untidy. The doctor spends less than 5 minutes with the patient. He is very poor at explaining things and gets defensive when questioned about anything. I went to him for more than 2 years but finally had to fined someone else who would show more interest. I will not go back and certainly wouldn't recommend him to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

The doctor and his staff are rude, and they are ALL concerned with FEES. A two hour wait is expected at EVERY office visit. The staff that coordinates with insurance does a poor job, which caused me to have to make "many lengthy phone calls" to get lab fees and their fees paid. I will not return.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

The office staff is VERY cold and unfriendly. Never a smile to anyone. The wait for an office visit is NEVER less than two hours. They overbook each visit so that there is always a wait which means the visit with the doctor is rushed and not informative at all. The doctor has a tendency to try treatments without explaining anything and when questioned gets upset and says he did explain things to you when he did not,forgetting that another person was present with you and heard all that was said. I believe this doctor is all about how much money he can make and not about patient care and feelings.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

Dr. Bal K. Khandelwal's Credentials

• G R Med Coll, Jiwaji Univ, Gwalior, Mp, India (Grad. 1972)