Ratings for Dr. Valerie Smith

She is condensing. Just because im not a doctor does not make me stupid...

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

She has moved into Geriatric Medicine and we miss her dearly!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

When I went to see this doctor, I thought I was on a prank t.v show like Punk'd. This doctor looks like Shania Twain I actually thought it was Shania Twain. They could be twins.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr. Val was our family doctor for almost 12 years. I have not ONCE experienced anything negative, and do NOT believe anything negative I have read above comments. Very personable, SMART and STRAIGHT FORWARD. Don't people realize that she would see patients who were seriously ill and that's why you had to wait SOME times? She is thorough and took her time talking with her patients. Not ONCE did I ever see staff be inappropriate at the office, and people should review their own work atmosphere before judging others. Loved this doctor!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

V. Smith is one of the best doctors Camrose has to offer. Very down to earth, does not talk "over" you. explains everything in layman's language. Goes to great lengths to put her patients at ease and never appears to be in a rush. Like everyone else she is extremely busy and yes, book your appointments in advance. Yes, she is often running behind on her appointments, but who isn't? I have found her staff to be extremely professional and helpful. We are extremely fortunate to have Dr. Val Smith a part of our medical community.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

Human, warm, funny, intuitive, connected and absolutely caring while staying informed and up to date on new treatments and therapies.I have trusted her with my deepest secrets and she has literally saved my life. Willing to discuss every issue from all perspectives; will give her opinion BUT still lets me make choices. We are so blessed to have her in our community. Her assistant, Andrea, is one of the kindest and caring staff I have every worked with in any medical environment, bar none. Dr. Val is the BEST doctor I have encountered in 4 provinces and 55 years of life!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

this dr is amazing! she always takes the time to talk to her patients! i just moved here a few years ago and she really made me feel at home as i did with my family dr. anything i asked her or had a problem with she would always check into for me...i just think she is a very proffesional yet a friendly dr. and i think people need to lay off the being behind issue...if nobody has realized there is a huge shortage of doctors in alberta and to try and keep up with everyone is pretty tough..along with the people abusing the system like coming in to the drs. with a cough, take some cough syrup and move on with your life!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

For those of you that don't know - Dr Val does not book the apts so the overbooking is no fault of hers. The doctor shortage affects everyone in AB and is not Dr Vals fault. She is involved in many medical research activities and is also a wife and mother. Her dedication to me after a serious stroke at age 40 for me is something I will be forever grateful. She also took extra time educating herself more on this subject as well as many others that have come along the way in order to further help & educate her patients. Yes I almost wait extra time every time I go but she's definitely worth it. She has been especially a great doctor to my son who has finally found a doctor he can trust and open up to about his issues and concerns, and she will not discuss those with me even as his mother because he's over 18, truly trustworthy & loyal to her oath. I'd like to say, if you have had a bad experience,so sorry but like the old saying goes - if you have nothing good to say don't say anything

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

I think she can be great depending on 'who' you are or what family name you might have. I find her to be condescending and grumpy the last two visits. I was berated in front of my children for asking for a prescription for orthotics. I was unaware that my insurance required it and she chewed me out for 5 minutes accusing me of abusing the health care system. Told me had i ASKED her ahead of time she would have referred my child to Chiropractic treatment first. (hm wonder why that is). If i called today id be lucky to getin to see her within the month. Her office staff can also be arrogant but that is the norm for that clinic.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

UNPROFESSIONAL! Yelled at me for wanting a 2nd opinion, said "don't waste AHC dollars", she sent me for an operation and later found out her diagnosis was WRONG! She wouldn't refer me to the specialists other doctors told her to. She was constantly scared if I had seen other doctors. She wrote mistruths in my charts...many times. She never looked at history/med records/hospital charts forwarded to her. She tried telling me to stop drinking Sprite cause it had too much caffeine. She called me names and made me cry on 2 occasions. She finally took glass out of my head and said after "I guess you aren't crazy, there was glass in your head..." . She thinks she is helpful while the whole time hurtful in not providing proper care. I saw her 3 yrs, BIG MISTAKE!!! She acts like everything is a big joke.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009