Ratings for Dr. Ted Mequanent

This doctor only cares about his practice and himself.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Wait times are remarkable with Dr. Mequanent, his receptionist takes walkins for his patients only. She can usually get you in the same day!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I began to see Dr. Ted after my old doctor retired and Dr. Ted took over his practice and his patients. About two years ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, and was put on medication for them. However, when Dr. Ted prescribed me my medication, he didn't take into consideration that he shouldn't have put me on clonazepam due to the fact that I was just starting to get sober after a bad cocaine addiction. You see, clonazepam is severely addictive and you get withdrawl symptoms even if you are taken off them slowly. I was on them for almost 9 months before I got into an appointment with a psychiatrist and he was like "What? No, oh my god we need to take you off of those immediately." It ended up being a hard time for me. I like his staff well enough, especially Monica, the receptionist. However people on here are right that it takes forever to get into see him. He also misdiagnosed my sister's birthmark as possible cancer and now she has a huge disfiguring scar on her inner thigh. I like him well enough, though he can make mistakes. But hey, he's human.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Best family doctor ever! My whole family see's him ! His staff are so nice😃

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Excellent support staff! Doctor himself isn't very helpful. Doesn't seem to really listen to what you're saying. Always says to exercise... "Exercise is very important," he says. I think we all know that. He checks everything on computer, and this isn't very encouraging. Makes me wonder about his abilities.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr Mequanent is compassionate and knowledgable Doctor. He has great bedside manner. I am fortunate he has been my doctor for the past seven years. He is courteous and polite. He tries to help you the best of his abilities.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

I dont know why you are whining. I had several medical problems for years. He treated me with patience and respect. He never judge me. I am also grateful for diagnosing my cancer so early that it was curable. I had compassionate care throughout. It is rare to find a Doctor who care deeply for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

He has been my doctor for three years. I agree with everything that everyone else said. LOVE his receptionist! But, Dr. Mequanent doesn't inspire confidence. I've had the same complaints since I started seeing him in 2008 and still don't know what's wrong. He blames my weight on everything and I'm a size 12!!! Curvy, but far from fat. As a person, he's a nice guy, but as my doctor, I'm looking for a new one. Sorry Dr. M.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I've had him as my GP for years and only went to him when I was in dire need. I have an unstable hip joint and couldn't stand more than 5 mins - his response? "Don't stand so much" and then left. I was diagnosed with a hip joint that was completely out of place in 30 secs by a physiotherapist. Hello! He has never once addressed the lump in my breast. And was angry when I kept coming back because after the birth of my son, I bled for 16 MONTHS straight with pain. He just put me on different birth controls. My son is almost 2 and it's still going on. Thanks doc. He is constantly late. When I really needed to see him - he was gone for 6 weeks, no notice to any of the patients. His knowledge is lacking and comes from googling on his iPhone. Only good thing - I love his receptionist. She's awesome.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011