Ratings for Dr. Ted Mequanent

Left. Not satisfied never listened. Good at prescriptions as his nurse made sure to get them set up for him to sign. Gave medicine out. Did not follow through on results of test to let patient know and be treated

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

What can I say. I was impressed with this doctor. My husband has been to the ER a few times always with the same complaint. Tonight we came away from the ER knowing what was wrong and a possible solution. At my husbands age he really can't be sick all the time. It wears us both out. I think I saw him once before when I had a broken ankle, if I remember right he was very gentle when examining my foot.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

He took us on as patients when we needed it. We were quite happy with him. Yet today we've switched Doctors. This is my reason of why I switched. When I had surgery in April 2016 another doctor found a blood test dated as found in 2011 that shows I have a blood disease as apparently he never checked the results or by calling me in for results. When I asked him it was later and showed him on paper, he dismissed us from his office! I really needed him to explain this and what I could do to help me take care of it. My spouse returned to get the prescription papers ordered. I went on Internet to find out about that disease. Then I had some paperwork I needed him to complete. The paper work was rejected because he did not listen to me on what I live through daily and he checked no I think it a spot that needed yes. I lived in severe pain daily, I tried to get him to understand this. He mentioned weight and exercise which I tried to change. After switching doctors, I found out the back injury I had while under his care was more serious than what he treated me for .Today I wear a body brace. And I have little pain. I can stand up and move more without the use of my walker. He was excellent to fill prescriptions. Really liked him until it felt like he was not interested in taking care of me. If he had been I would have stayed. I wish he listened better, got results blood tests and x-rays taken and shared them with us. We lost all confidence in him . His staff are excellent Monica is a beautiful, kind caring and compassionate lady. His nurse was super. Dr. Mequanent was good about some things and we appreciated that.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

This doctor only cares about his practice and himself.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Wait times are remarkable with Dr. Mequanent, his receptionist takes walkins for his patients only. She can usually get you in the same day!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I began to see Dr. Ted after my old doctor retired and Dr. Ted took over his practice and his patients. About two years ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, and was put on medication for them. However, when Dr. Ted prescribed me my medication, he didn't take into consideration that he shouldn't have put me on clonazepam due to the fact that I was just starting to get sober after a bad cocaine addiction. You see, clonazepam is severely addictive and you get withdrawl symptoms even if you are taken off them slowly. I was on them for almost 9 months before I got into an appointment with a psychiatrist and he was like "What? No, oh my god we need to take you off of those immediately." It ended up being a hard time for me. I like his staff well enough, especially Monica, the receptionist. However people on here are right that it takes forever to get into see him. He also misdiagnosed my sister's birthmark as possible cancer and now she has a huge disfiguring scar on her inner thigh. I like him well enough, though he can make mistakes. But hey, he's human.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Best family doctor ever! My whole family see's him ! His staff are so nice😃

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Excellent support staff! Doctor himself isn't very helpful. Doesn't seem to really listen to what you're saying. Always says to exercise... "Exercise is very important," he says. I think we all know that. He checks everything on computer, and this isn't very encouraging. Makes me wonder about his abilities.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr Mequanent is compassionate and knowledgable Doctor. He has great bedside manner. I am fortunate he has been my doctor for the past seven years. He is courteous and polite. He tries to help you the best of his abilities.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012