Ratings for Dr. D Metzak

Average 2 hour wait on appointments and nearly impossible to contact via phone. On going problem for 3 years, swear he doesn't care anymore. Current assistant is clueless and ignores phone all the time, watched in person many times.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr.Metzak took over my family's medical needs after the other dr in the office retired. 4 generations have gone to them and has saved a few of their lives. My dad's included. My dad was in the process of having a heart attack when he came into the office. Ambulance was called and Dad dropped to the floor. If it wasn't for Dr. Metzak who rushed to his side, ran to the pharmacy next door to get some medication to give to my dad immediately, he would have died. As for having to wait, yes, there are times where the wait is long but that is what happens with a doctor that has emergency surgeries or emergency appointments that disrupt his day. If you get morning appointments, you rarely have to wait. The most I have had to wait is 25 mins and that is only because of how efficient he is with his patients. I would rather have a doctor who cares enough to really listen and hear what I have to say than a doctor just wanting to rush through his quota for the day. He is kind, thoughtful, respectful and knowledgeable. I don't know what we'll all do when he retires. Good doctors are hard to find.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I am SO happy that Dr.Metzak's old assistant is back!!! Hallelujah!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

The last Assistant is now gone - thank gawd!! Unfriendly, unhelpful, nasty. Complained to Doc. The old MOA who filled in for holidays after she officially left, is now back permanently. Yipee. She's a lovely person. Other than the wait - yes, that awful wait, well, he takes the time to go over any tests & problems you've had. Did you have to go to hospital somewhere else?? A clinic?? Do you need more tests? Any concerns about medicine?? Then he deals with today's reason for coming. I've been with Dr Metzak since he opened his practise - that's 44 years. I grumble about the wait sometimes - take the first or last if that's a real problem - but he's the one who shows up at the hospital to sew my thumb, he showed up every day to check on my husband at the Hospital for 9 days. At least I know he knows my name, reads my file & does the best for ME, not some stranger he sees for 15 minutes once a year.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I think its great that this Dr takes the time to answer your questions and hear your concerns. But when I book an appointment, I should not have to wait 2-3 hours PAST my appointment time. This falls into the lap of the Medical Office Assistant who SHOULD be booking according to issues and time frames. I think this is disprectful to us, as the patient to have to wait this long. As far as the Medical Office Assisant goes, thumbs down. Poor time management when it comes to booking time slots for patients. NO ONE should have to wait that long to see their family Doctor. That's just wrong on every level!!!!! MOA not very friendly. If this happens again, I will have to submit a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons and would encourage others to do the same.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Metzak has looked after 4 generations of my family.I had to move from New Westminster and then find a new Dr. Though new one is good..does not compare to Dr. Metzak!!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Dr Metzak was my family Dr. growing up, he was there when I gave birth to my 1st child..now that child is going to be having a baby and we are hoping he will be there for that birth as well. Good Wishes to you Dr. Metzak .......xandi

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I have no other comments to make. Inflammatory Bowel Disease

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

fantastic doctor. yes you have to wait, but i would rather wait and know he would spend the same amount of time diagnosing my issues than to have a doctor tell me im ok in 2 mins of seeing me.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

he is never, never, never on time. I have had to wait over two hours and that is not unusual.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011