Ratings for Dr. Grace Chen

I've been going to Dr. Chen since I was just a tiny little baby girl, she's taken care of me my whole life and I wish I could give her more stars. She does anything she can to help, she's always been there and as far as I'm concerned, she may be my doctor, but she's family in my mind. Dr. Chen, you're the best and anyone who has you as their doctor is the luckiest they could be. -M. Leggio

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Chen has been my physician for over 20 years and now is my son's physician. She ensures she gets to know her patients and then treats them. She has the most genuine heart and really cares about you - really cares. I agree that it will be a sad day when she retires because I do not think there is another doctor out there that has the same passion for what she does and how she treats others.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

The quality of care from Dr. Chen is #1.She is a very caring,knowledgable doctor and goes beyond what most doctors would do for their patients.Dr.Chen does her very best to help you with whatever you may come in to see her about.I know it will be a very sad day when Dr. Chen retires, I dont think I will be able to find another doctor like her.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Something is amiss with the previous rating, wherein it was stated that the patient was told physicals are only done on Wednesday afternoons. Dr. Chen's office has never been open on Wednesday afternnons. Dr. Chen is an excellent doctor in all respects.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

She appeared to have no interest in me at all. When I mentioned my issues, she told me she'd only address two at this visit, that I needed to make another appointment to cover anything else. Twice I have been to her and been refused any treatment, but was told to come back at a different time. (I'm guessing it was just for $) Another time I went for a physical. I got there and was told that she only does physicals on Wednesday afternoon. She makes me want to scream. :-)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Has been my doctor since 1997, she has always done her best to find me the best help.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

It seems like Dr. Chen is mostly interested in making money and hence will call you into office to discuss lab results (office call/consult charge), when she could save patients the time and money by saying like my previous GP would tell me that "if there is something to discuss - we will call you. She has misdiagnosed me with high blood pressure when what I really had was an inner ear infection (blood lab results showed infection). She discussed my case with a relative (what I said in private consult). And the list goes on but I am limited to 1000 characters! I find being proactive is helpful, i.e. read up on reliable sources of information (Mayo Clinic) and tell her what you want since she doesn't seem to keep up with technology or medical research. Clean office, punctuality, etc the least of my concerns.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

Unhelpful at best. Office staff failed to inform of important medical results that warranted surgical intervention. Failure to acknowledge and recognize that this was an issue.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

I went to see Dr. Chen because she's a medical acupuncturist. I booked the appointment under the belief that she could both be my family doctor and acupuncturist. This point was not made clear to me when I booked the appointment. When we had the consultation, I told her I was there for thyroid/endocrine/weight related issues. She listed briefly to my concerns and then told me I needed to eat only 800 calories a day. I don't need to learn how to lose weight - and starvation is no answer. I wanted help with my thyroid/endocrine problem. She only saw the symptom - which was weight - and told me to starve myself until I lost the weight. And then what Dr. Chen? Am I supposed to keep eating 800 calories for the rest of my life? How does that diagnose/solve my problem? I feel she had tunnel vision and no interest in helping me because she was not taking new patients - only acupuncture patients. And her acupuncture she said could only control appetite not help thryoid.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr. Chen has beenmy physician for many years and I would not consider trusting my health to anybody else.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009