Ratings for Dr. Aldina Matos

Doctor Matos herself is ok. She can be concerned and somewhat caring. However the office is HIGHLY disorganized. Attended an appointment in May. Dr. Matos herself scheduled me in with another professsional in her office and when I attended, the appointment was not in the computer. Needed a very urgent referral that Dr. Matos herself advise was of the upmost importance and quite serious. Followed up myself two weeks later, no referral was sent. Asked at the office when I was there for another appointment. Reception Demanded to know exactly what the referral was for in a very crowded waiting room. I was thoroughly embarrassed. Receptionist stated that the referral was sent. Asked for it to be resent. It wasn't when I followed up again. I had to speak with Dr. Matos and instruct her on the exact paperwork and tests required as well as how to submit them. She argued that she had made one single referral of the type before and they just called the office. She said they would follow protocol and send it. It took two and a half months, several appointments and finally the other office calling for the referral to get it sent. Dr. Matos herself told me it was sent after me asking a third time and her blatantly lying to me. Either she has no handle on her staff or can't be bothered to check. Mine is not a WSIB, I've always had appointments and my issue is quite life threatening. I'm glad to hear some people have good experiences but since no one is calling yours into question or criticizing you, so I'd hope everyone could be adult and do the same for those with poor experiences.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have been with Dr. Matos for at least 20 years. She has been absolutely amazing for me. She has always listened and suggested other treatments before giving prescriptions, she has gone out of her way and called me from her home on her day off to make sure that I am ok or to give me my results. Her front desk staff is wonderful, they certainly have gone out of their way to learn my first name and they always make me feel welcome and like I am part of their extended family without ever having to send me a Christmas card...ha.ha..joking..I have called in last minute and they always try to fit me in and they tell me there s going to be a long wait. Who's fault is that, mine of course because I didn't do my do dilagence by booking ahead. Thank you to to the staff and Dr. Matos for all your hard work and patience. Your amazing people.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

To all the people complaining about this doctor, find another doctor. She has been my mothers doctor for 20 years. Fantastic care , to those of you who show up at the office without an appointment you deserve to wait all day idiots. Her job is not to fill out compensation papers or wsib paperwork.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have had so many issues with Dr Aldina Matos. I am only 20 years old and she and her front desk staff have embarrassed me on many occasions. making an appointment over the phone is absolutely Horrible!!! Once they answer the phone they put you on hold and then when you're finally answered they are rude and they repeat everything you say out loud for everyone in the small quiet waiting room to hear. I once had to get a ultra sound for my kidneys at the age of 15 or so and they were announcing it out loud about my "ultra sound" and how i shouldn't be scared which made everyone in the waiting room assume i was pregnant. I then later had to explain to my grandmother how i wasn't pregnant since she heard from someone in the waiting room that I was. Crazy!!!! not to mention she kept saying she couldn't help me if I didnt want to take anti-depressants in the past and made me go see her in office therapist which i found out later to have actually been a marriage councillor. My experience with her was horrible I ended up having to listen to the therapists problems and she brushed me off when i told her i was having bad thoughts. Ive gone in many times and after explaining my self for about 10-15 minutes I realize she has the wrong patients Chart again and we have to start all over and by that point she's sick of me and brushes me off. Ive gone to another doctor and specialist because of how incompetent she has been towards addressing my health issues.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

When i go see the Doctor i shouldn't have to example my personal life to the secretary at the window with all of the patient waiting listening in.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Walked in on a early Thursday morning hoping to talk to Dr Matos about a pseudoaneurysm on my face. First person I see is Dr Matos chit chatting and the first thing the secretary tells me is that she isn't in. Switching doctors asap. There are many other bad experiences with her but this is the worst. Don't need to be lied to.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

all together horrible doctor! the phone is either busy or they do not answer. my father in law actually called from his cell phone once while standing outside the building and walked in and heard his call ringing and the secretarys talking about a wedding!! i to was told to google something! i would mention things very common and she had never heard of it before! also one of the nurses sleeps with the patients! just all together a horrible office not recommended you are better off stuggling with your english somewhere else then going here just because of the language convienence.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

She should close down that will give them more vacation plans

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

First, I made an appointment for 9:30 but I wasn't called in until 10:15. I did not see the Dr. Matos at all, a nurse came in that did not speak English very well. I had a hard time understanding her and she told me to "GOOGLE" back pain exercises. I think it is very unprofessional to tell your patients to GOOGLE anything. I always feel like I am just wasting my time going to see this doctor and would rather wait at a walk in clinic all day rather than go to MY DOCTOR because I know I will not see her. My family and I have been with Dr. Matos since she started in the Harbour Building (about 12 years) and I feel that over the years the care is becoming increasing less.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Excellent and extremely knowledgeable doctor. All of the staff are very caring and supportive. It is difficult to find a good doctor. Our family is very lucky and grateful to have Dr. Matos. Thanks.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011