Ratings for Dr. Connie Milroy

Like the last 2 people that posted before me, I feel the same way about calling to make an appt. phone line is ALWAYS busy! It may take me up to 80 attempts before I get a ring tone. The receptionist gives me tha impression that I’m a huge inconvenience and I feel like I’m being interrogated with questions before I’m approved for an appointment. I will be switching doctors as soon as I can.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

The phone lines are consistently busy and the receptionist speaks as though it's a great chore to answer the phone, and on several occasions has either cut me off mid-sentence or completely not acknowledged anything I'd said. Dr. Milroy doesn't ever really seem to have much of an opinion on what's going on, regardless of what I'm seeing her about. Takes a solid month to get an appointment with her. I'd love to switch doctors, but there's rarely anyone that is accepting new patients. It's really a shame.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I have been with Dr Milroy for over 20 years, when i first went there she was always ontop of the mental health issue, make calls to me personally , and her staff seemed to care, now, well it takes weeks to see her, receptionist and staff short on phone, I appreciate many people call, but its their job to be attentive to everyone... Lately I have become intimidated to call, my medial health is failing, and when I call , its like what now?? I have ended up in the urgent care as the wait time to see this Dr is outrageous. As my mental health councillor noted, if you feel that way, and your family is avoiding calling, time to look for a new Dr. but as I agree, after 20 years, trusting is not easy... I do not agree that medical staff is run off their feet, as when you wait and wait, in the waiting room, there is much chit chat going on, as phones go to the answering machine...

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I think we have to keep in mind anyone who posts on these websites are usually going to post something negative perhaps it's just hat they are the type of people who nothing makes them happy and feel that they are the centre of the universe. Let me be someone who posts somwthing positive. I have been attending this Practise for over 20 years I am a professional and we'll educated. My Dr. Is always punctual and never rushes me or makes me feel that I am inconveniencing her. Her staff consisting of Alison and Lisa and Liz have always been diligent in calling with results, always friendly smiles on their faces and highly professional

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Outstanding! Treating four generation of our family.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Milroy for about 7 years now. While I think she's a great doctor, I don't always feel my issues are very important and don't always get a follow up and end up having to call and call and call, always getting a busy tone and then finally when someone answers they sound irritated with me and like I'm inconveniencing them for calling. Makes me really hesitant to call. I find the receptionists to be rude and insensitive. I always have to wait to get an appt for weeks down the road and that's if I can even get through to their office, which has taken up to 40 mins of hanging up and calling back until I get ring tone instead of a busy signal.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Great doctor.! She has been my doctor for over 20 years always available when needed

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Milroys for over 20 years and this past year or so I have had many issues and each time I call, its very difficult to get an appointment and staff are short with me and make me feel very unwelcomed. My daughter has had issues with her head for over a year and after tests no one follows up , I call because of migraines and a lump and it is 3 weeks before she can be seen, I am intimidated to call for myself as I feel like my issues that I have experienced for years they think are not important. Dr Milroy is becoming far to busy and her long time patients seem not important anymore. I need to go to the Dr's but I don't want to wait for 3 weeks , my issues are sensitive and need attention sooner... Time to look for a new family dr, after 20 years its hard to trust anyone. We seem like numbers , not patients.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Milroys for years but I'm finding it difficult to get appointments now and I require a specialist appointment for an on-going issue I've had for years and yet she still refuses to send me to a specialist. I'm there every other month and I keep hearing 'come back next month and will assess you then'. Time to look for a new family dr I think.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

After moving to Hamilton, my wife had a hard time finding a trustworthy doctor. She called the Ontario number that finds doctors in your area and was given Dr. Milroys info. My wife went in for a sensitive matter and instead of having the doctor review her, they sent in a staff member to ask questions and in the end sent my wife on her way telling her not to worry about the growth and it's benign. A staff member determined it was benign on the spot? This type of personal matter could only be reviewed by a professional and would have required her to visit a specialist. My daughter also went in for an ear issue and after the operation, they didn't care to follow up. Pick a doctor who cares, not this one.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015