Ratings for Dr. Elfrieda Rempel

Dr Rempel does take the time to talk to you. She comes across as very kind and concerned. She talks a lot about herself. She does not listen to you. Yes she is smiling and friendly..but she is not listening. She will tell you everything is in your head. She will book tests but never follows up on test results and or if she does...it's long over due. She does not take her patients seriously. She thinks all your ailments are in your imagination. She then will prescribe every antidepressant in the book. She says she is there for you. She is not.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

A year and a half ago my mother was suffering badly from pain in her left hip, the same pain that she experienced in her right hip and ended up in a hip replacement, resolving her pain. Dr. Rempel refused to send my mother to her surgeon to confirm my mothers thought that it also required a replacement. Dr. Rempel insisted the pain was muscle related and for over 6 months prescribed harsh medications such percoset which led to stomach bleeding, suicidal thoughts and extreme weight loss. We finally wrote a letter to Dr. Rempel which we gave to her prior to a visit from my mom insisting she send mom to the surgeon. She finally did at which point the surgeon said mom's hip situation was bone on bone and she needed a hip replacement immediately and was kind enough to do it within a few weeks.. Mom was back on her feet relatively quickly and has her mobility back, however, her energy level is low and we are concerned that she was so depleted from the medications she may not gain that back. Mom forbids us to say her age but she's definitely a senior. Dr. Rempel's told us she didn't want to send mom to the surgeon because she was sure it wasn't her hip and the surgeon would be angry with her for sending mom if it wasn't joint related. We were going to lodge a complaint but found there was one and it states "Dr. Rempel was the subject of a College investigation into whether she engaged in professional misconduct and/or is incompetent in her family practice". To see for yourself click this link: http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies-publications/complaints/the-complaints-process. Once in the site follow this: Click "Public Registration Information", click "All Doctors Search", fill in her last name, select "Female", select "Family Doctor", select "Georgetown", press Submit. View information in all tabs, but specifically, click "Current Registration" which shows she's now restricted in her practice. Click "Additional Details" and Review, then for the legal documentation click "View details" and it shows all her restrictions and much more specific information about the investigation. I only posted this because we almost lost my mother due to this situation and give others the facts so they hopefully won't end up in a similar situation.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Not a happy patient!!!!!!! I asked for a referral to a skin specialist because I had what looked like skin cancer, it took her 6MONTHS to get that going and only because I kept calling and reminding her. She told me my son had allergies so I went to a specialist and the doctor laughed at me saying NO WAY it was follicle protrusion!!! I'm not sure what is happening with her but things are going down hill for her.....time to look for another doctor that actually cares!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Having to wait for her is frustating.. HOWEVER , once she is with you , she gives you her complete attention and listens !!!! Thank You Dr. Rempel !!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr Rempel put me on anti-depressants at 16 years old because I was having trouble sleeping. Then when I had gained over 30 lbs in a year and a half and complained that I was concerned about my weight she told me that was fine and to buy bigger clothes. She refused to discuss stopping taking the medication and did not inform me of weaning. After 3 years I saw another Dr who was under the opinion that putting me on anti-depressants was the wrong decision helped me to wean off them. The new Dr. also referred me to therapy to discuss any issues that I was struggling with. I have heard the same complaint from others as well. I was too young and uninformed and the anti-depressants were an irresponsible move.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Rempel dispenses unwanted financial advice. She fill outs important ins. papers incorrectly and omits vital medical details so you can't get the maximum coverage u deserve. Hangs on to them for months and misses deadline submission dates. Doesn't believe any drug can give you side effects and REFUSES to look into it. Condescending. Nosy about personal life. No sense of Patient Confidentiality, will discuss your case with u in the hall. Poor communication with specialists. Overrides specialists directions-double books tests they order. Takes weeks/months to send them copies of tests. Dismisses patients health concerns. She tells u it's nothing-doesn't even pursue it with tests. If you're looking for a doc to treat the typical illnesses, then she's fine. If u have a severe, chronic medical case that requires consistent monitoring and medical firms to be filled out on a yearly basis, find another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

I fully appreciate the flak that Dr. Rempel takes for punctuality. She has it coming because she has the audacity to listen and take her time with patients. In all my years, and with all the doctors I've seen, Elfrieda Rempel is the doctor that all other doctors need to copy. Competent and Patient. For me, that's what makes a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

She has never been on time for an appointment for either myself or my wife. With my wife's first pregnancy she delayed contacting an O.B. until my wife was 33.5 weeks pregnant (approx 9-10 weeks past when the O.B. said she should have seen her)As a result she could not get a maternity appointment that would have helped prepare her for her first delivery. The receptionist are rude and not helpful.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Yikes! I have met with this Dr. two times now. The first appt worried me when she told me I had vericose veins and bloating due to PMS. I was actually having a reaction to a med and was swelling from putting on 6pds of fluid in a week, racing heartbeat, high blood pressure, problems breathing etc. The worst was she looked up the med in a book and some of these symptoms are rare side effects that she read off. But she was sure it was veins and PMS problems because that was more likely. I was also treated to several personal stories of her PMS, make-up use, her friends PMS symptoms, her mother in law and a Finding Nemo movie quote to end the appt. Yes I understand Dr's make mistakes diagnosing, but if Dr Rempel would stop talking and focus on what she is doing that would save time and frustration for everyone. She is a very nice lady but it's time to refresh your people and medical skills. Thank goodness I only get stuck with her as an on call Dr.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

wonderful doctor. I found her very knowledgeable and friendly. She was early and had a great bedside manner. I wish more doctors were like her. Kind understanding and thorough, what else does one want as a patient. Thank you Dr Remple, for all of your guidance and for answering all my questions.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011