Ratings for Dr. Elfrieda Rempel

She is fantastic,knowledgeable and an excellent physician, Ya she runs late,she gives Every patient the opportunity to be heard! she has called me at home to discuss treatment options, She is a gem! So if you think 5 minutes is enough time to see your dr. Then go to a walk in clinic, I am reading the complaints about her tardiness and shaking my head,because I have had appointments that have lasted 35 minutes, Medical issues take time to discuss,comprehend and she gives you the opportunity to ask questions,if you want fast do not go and see her, if you want excellent care then bring a book to the appointment!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Rempel since she came to Georgetown. At first we had infrequent visits and I admit to getting frustrated at her tardiness. She has tried to work on that . Unfortunately I have to see her frequently due to a number of medical issues I have. She calls me “ interesting” which in medical terms is not good. We have developed a great rapport and I am pleased that she readily conferres with my specialists. She has even called me to see how I was doing after a new medication before going on her holiday. Love her and the staff!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I've just about had enough of Dr. Rempel. She will take every opportunity she can to badmouth alternative services, such as naturopaths (yet the reason I choose to go to a naturopath is due to the terrible experience I have with Dr. Rempel). After struggling with hormonal imbalances and making the executive decision to get off birth control because I don't want fake hormones in my body (a decision I expressed being very happy with and feeling much healthier) she tried to tell me they "aren't fake hormones" and continue to push them on me for the remainder of the appointment. When I leave appointments I am extremely irritated by her inability to let me make executive decisions about MY healthcare and the condescending tone she takes with me - as if I'm not the expert in my own body and what does and does not work for me. My biggest complaint is how she's not on top of anything. I had a test done three months ago, have called her office THREE times to get results and she hasn't even looked at them. The ladies on the phone keep telling me "I see you called on these dates, each time we've sent an urgent message through but she has yet to comment on them." I also will agree with another post here that she talks way too much about herself during the appointment then rushes through what you really came to her for. Sometimes I truly wonder if she believes I've made an appointment to hear about her husband watching football, the trips her family takes, her own personal medical history, and what her daughter is up to. News flash - I don't give a flying you know what.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr Rempel does take the time to talk to you. She comes across as very kind and concerned. She talks a lot about herself. She does not listen to you. Yes she is smiling and friendly..but she is not listening. She will tell you everything is in your head. She will book tests but never follows up on test results and or if she does...it's long over due. She does not take her patients seriously. She thinks all your ailments are in your imagination. She then will prescribe every antidepressant in the book. She says she is there for you. She is not.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

A year and a half ago my mother was suffering badly from pain in her left hip, the same pain that she experienced in her right hip and ended up in a hip replacement, resolving her pain. Dr. Rempel refused to send my mother to her surgeon to confirm my mothers thought that it also required a replacement. Dr. Rempel insisted the pain was muscle related and for over 6 months prescribed harsh medications such percoset which led to stomach bleeding, suicidal thoughts and extreme weight loss. We finally wrote a letter to Dr. Rempel which we gave to her prior to a visit from my mom insisting she send mom to the surgeon. She finally did at which point the surgeon said mom's hip situation was bone on bone and she needed a hip replacement immediately and was kind enough to do it within a few weeks.. Mom was back on her feet relatively quickly and has her mobility back, however, her energy level is low and we are concerned that she was so depleted from the medications she may not gain that back. Mom forbids us to say her age but she's definitely a senior. Dr. Rempel's told us she didn't want to send mom to the surgeon because she was sure it wasn't her hip and the surgeon would be angry with her for sending mom if it wasn't joint related. We were going to lodge a complaint but found there was one and it states "Dr. Rempel was the subject of a College investigation into whether she engaged in professional misconduct and/or is incompetent in her family practice". To see for yourself click this link: http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies-publications/complaints/the-complaints-process. Once in the site follow this: Click "Public Registration Information", click "All Doctors Search", fill in her last name, select "Female", select "Family Doctor", select "Georgetown", press Submit. View information in all tabs, but specifically, click "Current Registration" which shows she's now restricted in her practice. Click "Additional Details" and Review, then for the legal documentation click "View details" and it shows all her restrictions and much more specific information about the investigation. I only posted this because we almost lost my mother due to this situation and give others the facts so they hopefully won't end up in a similar situation.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Not a happy patient!!!!!!! I asked for a referral to a skin specialist because I had what looked like skin cancer, it took her 6MONTHS to get that going and only because I kept calling and reminding her. She told me my son had allergies so I went to a specialist and the doctor laughed at me saying NO WAY it was follicle protrusion!!! I'm not sure what is happening with her but things are going down hill for her.....time to look for another doctor that actually cares!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Having to wait for her is frustating.. HOWEVER , once she is with you , she gives you her complete attention and listens !!!! Thank You Dr. Rempel !!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr Rempel put me on anti-depressants at 16 years old because I was having trouble sleeping. Then when I had gained over 30 lbs in a year and a half and complained that I was concerned about my weight she told me that was fine and to buy bigger clothes. She refused to discuss stopping taking the medication and did not inform me of weaning. After 3 years I saw another Dr who was under the opinion that putting me on anti-depressants was the wrong decision helped me to wean off them. The new Dr. also referred me to therapy to discuss any issues that I was struggling with. I have heard the same complaint from others as well. I was too young and uninformed and the anti-depressants were an irresponsible move.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Rempel dispenses unwanted financial advice. She fill outs important ins. papers incorrectly and omits vital medical details so you can't get the maximum coverage u deserve. Hangs on to them for months and misses deadline submission dates. Doesn't believe any drug can give you side effects and REFUSES to look into it. Condescending. Nosy about personal life. No sense of Patient Confidentiality, will discuss your case with u in the hall. Poor communication with specialists. Overrides specialists directions-double books tests they order. Takes weeks/months to send them copies of tests. Dismisses patients health concerns. She tells u it's nothing-doesn't even pursue it with tests. If you're looking for a doc to treat the typical illnesses, then she's fine. If u have a severe, chronic medical case that requires consistent monitoring and medical firms to be filled out on a yearly basis, find another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

I fully appreciate the flak that Dr. Rempel takes for punctuality. She has it coming because she has the audacity to listen and take her time with patients. In all my years, and with all the doctors I've seen, Elfrieda Rempel is the doctor that all other doctors need to copy. Competent and Patient. For me, that's what makes a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013