Ratings for Dr. Zafar A. Ansari

I took my mother on 11/13/12 for my mom back pain and throwing up. He looked at her and he said "Due to her back pain because of stomac viser" which is so dump and stupid. I thik he is dump and egnoriant doctor I ever seen. His office also smally and beds are dirty and broken and he also did not close the door, everybody were hear our businesses. I hate him and I think he is wrose doctor. Staffs are great.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

I saw Ansari to get a referral to see a neuro-ophthalmologist. I waited more than two hours to see him. He never shut the exam room doors, so I heard everything about other patients. He said the specialist would probably say that I would have to have an MRI, and I would have to see him again for an office visit in order to get a referral for that. He could not give me a medical reason why. Even the insurance co. rep said he was just trying to get another co-pay. I also stopped by his Alexandria office on another occasion and it smelled strongly of smoke, despite the fact that it is a "doctor's office."

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

this dr. is used as the dr. available in a nursing home. He only saw my brother 1 in 4 months.Had he visually seen him in Jan. of this year I believe my brother might not have gotten so sick and almost died. I understand this dr. is very busy and has several practices . This is not excuse, in my opinion of not being more interested in his patients in a nursing home.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

The worst doctor I’ve ever visited. He showed up an hour late to my appointment and never apologized. He never shuts the door when talking to patients. On my last visit he pretty much kept on foot out the door the entire consultation. By the way, a consultation with this doctor lasts about 3 minutes. On the flip side his staff is friendly, kind, and helpful. However he is not. His advice is not very good or accurate. He does not follow up with anything.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Horrible doctor. Have visited him several times now and he barely even looks you over. He will WAY over prescribe after not even doing much other than look down your throat if you are feeling ill. Most I have ever seen him in the office is less than 5 minutes at a time. After this last visit, I am changing my PCP asap.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

I was a patient in Alexandria Hospital, Dr Ansari was assigned to me I did not choose this Doctor. He is unfraindly,I dont think he knew what he was doing,never gives you answer for your question

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

i first met dr. ansari in the hospital & he got me my blood thinner medicine straightened out.it was like i was possibly heading for my 3rd clot &he was the 1whosaved me.no one else was listening because i was having other problems too but HE LISTENED.HE CHECKED MY RESULTS WHICH NO ONE ELSE TOLD ME.thanks to him i pulled thru having 3 things wrong at once!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2008

This doctor was disheveled and disorganized. He was curt and his exam was cursory. Then he made a surprise referral for surgery with the other doctor in his office. Two other doctors I consulted subsequently found the notion of surgical intervention before trying less invasive options to be extreme. I will not return to this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Zafar A. Ansari's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)