Ratings for Dr. Eric D. Reines

I am new to the Va area and was recommended to Dr Reines by my current doctor, his staff was polite..wait time was average.. But after reviewing my medical history of 20 years as lyme sufferer, Dr suggested a spinal tap and in his words, is to weed out the positive results from the ones that are crackpots.. 20 years of lyme hell and that's what he suggests..which according to all my 20 years of research is not a method to accurately identify the bacteria in the blood...also, suggested I see a psychiatrist for my mood swings.. Anyone with lyme knows that is a symptom. I will look for a second opinion on the spinal tap, and personally do no think he is an expert at treating Lyme disease patients. He does not have the understanding of the underlying causes of the symptoms and an evasive procedure such as a spinal tap would have been recommended by one of my past "infectious disease specialists" if that was the norm. And bottom line 0 compassion for someone suffering with an ailment.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

This man has saved my life more than once. I only ever dealt with him in the hospital so I can't speak for his office staff, but he's brilliant, one of the best in his field; and that's been told to me by other doctors in his field as well. He has a great bedside manner, he will sit down and take time to discuss your condition and progress with you in detail. He knows what he's doing and I would trust him with my life--again.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Gosh i dont know whether he knows anything of infectious disease. He doesnt seem to know any basics of ID. Lacks analysing reasons for fever and mangement for it.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

This guy only cares about money. Don't waste your time telling him you don't feel good. He will just tell you that you will feel better without doing tests and you will be in and out in 2mins. Misdiagnosed me and made me get expensive Ivig treatments when I never needed them. Stay Away from this guy!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Eric D. Reines's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1982)