Ratings for Dr. Alan Luk

Too long of waiting time and very rude receptionist...

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

My family has been with Dr. Luk for over 20 years. The only reason we still see him is because he is a great, caring doctor. But the wait time is ridiculous and the receptionist is just out right rude.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

They don't even have a fax number and I don't care who the receptionist is your working shut your mouth and do your job without you idiotic comments.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have been with Dr. Luk for over 20 years. Dr. Luk is a caring and knowledgeable doctor, however his primary receptionist, which is his wife, has a tendency to be rude when challenged about wait times. Generally wait times are at least an hour. I've been intentionally late by 20 minutes in the past, and was called and chided by her. She bumped me back saying that they had to accept a patient behind me as a result of my tardiness. I find this hard to believe. I'm considering switching family doctors as a result of the wait times.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Alan Luk is a great doctor. But the receptionist is rude and does not have any patience. If you try to reschedule your appointment, you get unpleasant comments back from the receptionist. Wait time can be abit long too. Definitely need better staff and time allocating to patience.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Luk is a wonderful doctor. He really cares for his patient. I came to him as a cancer patient from Nova Scotia in 2001, and I gave him a folder of medical records as thick as a dictionary. He actually read every page of it. He checked on me regularly and sent me to scans and tests, and alerted me of my second bout of cancer early. Whether the test results are positive or negative, his office staff will inform me the results promptly by phone. Now, in 2015, I am still alive and well, and I am very thankful to Dr. Luk for his excellent care. He is kind, humorous, humble, patient, competent and friendly. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr Luk is a good doctor for me and my family. It was so touching toAll the time, he remembering his duty to the patients. He respects people, healthy or ill, regardless of who they are. He supports patients when they are needed. He embraces the power of information and communication technologies to support his patients with the best available information. He asks courteous questions, let people talk, and listen to them carefully. He gives unbiased advice, let people participate actively in all decisions related to their health and health care, access each situation carefully, and helps whatever the situation. He is compassionate, calm, conscientious, empathy, enthusiastic, friendly, humorous, humble, intellectual, informative, kind, good listener, optimistic,observant,professional, passionate, patient, philosopher, respectful , sympathetic, selfless, trustworthy, thoughtful, understanding, unequivocal, up to date , warm, wise, watchful, willingness to listen .

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

The receptionist is so rude when trying to find an appointment time. I am hoping to avoid the long long long wait time so I wish to have either the first or the last appointment of the day. Then she says that it makes no difference on the wait time regardless of what appointment time is given and she insists that I must expect to wait 1-2 hours for each doctor appointment. In any case, why bother making an appointment at all? Dr Luk used to be patient and investigative with various symptoms and more punctual. But the service has been deteriorating and less caring on chronic issues that demand closer investigation. Medical attention is needed only when you get older. Unfortunately, I get less attention from Dr Luk compared to times before. Maybe these issues are difficult to diagnose. I suppose, if he is not taking more patients than he can, he would be able to see his patients more punctually and diagnose them more properly. I am seriously considering to switch to another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Luk 18 years. He was good earlier in his years but he is too busy now. He keeps prescribing the same medicine even though its not working for the past year. I finally had to get a referral to a specialist I found.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

The wait times are ridiculous even though you have a scheduled appointment. The receptionist refused to give me an appointment because I did not want to wear a mask for a tickly throat (and when I came in for my appointment with a mask, there was another patient coughing with no mask on. She responded "I can't make everyone wear a mask"). I'm not sure that Dr. Luk is up to date in his practice (still written documentation!) His care used to be much better, but I'm not so sure now.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013