You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James McKim

Dr McKim has been my doctor for almost 20 years.I have had several doctors before and I found Dr McKim to be the best by far. I read comments that he does not exhibit competence nor takes time with his patients however, I have found totally the opposite . I have always found him to be very knowledgeable ,caring,punctual, very thorough and never rushed. I have discussed many issues with him and he always appeared to be on top of things and I believe he has given me good care and advice. He is the doctor I have ever been served by.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

So my mother went to DR, Mckim for years..She started to feel awful and didnt know why..Dr. Mckim told her it was probably women problems and not to worry about it. So my mother did what he instructed, until one day she was walking through the Broadside mall Zellars and had some chest pains. My Father forced her to go to the hospital where she found out she had a heat attack. Well the saga continued as she had 2 or four more heart attacks until she was finally hospitalized and had a dye test and stints. In the end she ended up with a quad bypass, we believe all this could of been averted if Dr. McKim took the time to have her sent to a heart specialist and medicated her proper.. This being said, my mother also told him her side of the family has heart disease and he still didn't take precautions. I myself have been having medical problems and I have been in and out of out patient rooms and his office. I was diagnosed with Diabetes and sadly it was the ER Dr in Saint John who found it. He also sent me to a heart specialist asap because of my family history...Only reason I contiune to go to McKim is the fact I cant find another dr in the area.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr McKim was my doctor for a very long time. Probably since he started his practice. I really liked him and he was good to my kids. All that changed when he had to many patients to take the time to hear them. One foot in the door one foot out. He believes he knows that your crazy and it's all in your head. Then you end up hospitized with the all in your head problem Turned out wasnt in my head. As time went on things got worse and he really didn't want to hear anything nor do I believe he even reads reports by other physician My mental state depression wise got bed because after all these years he is not hearing me and again it's in my head. 14 years later I am still in the condition that's supposed to be in my head thankful other doctors disagree

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

First off I will say Dr McKim has no time for his patients..He thinks he knows your body when you are walking in it..He tells you what you feel. He always is away on holidays and his patients in the hospital rarely get to see him and when he arrives after a months of you being admitted to hospital ..you finally get to see him and he comes in with no knowledge of what your last 31 days were like and wants to discharge you. You should not be practicing anymore. With the health issues of which my mother has ..you still want her out of hospital just because a long weekend is coming up..which is the practice. Mother has been in hospital with heart, compressed fractures in back, blocked kidneys..* of which she has complained and complained over past two yrs of the infection ** to find out she has possibility of the kidney being blocked with tumor between kidney and bladder...** bladder cancer*** thanks to Dr McKim for not sending her for cat scans just put on antibiotics..no care ..poor care at best...You need to either leave your practice or to go get more training..Disgusted in Fredericton..thank God you are not my Dr..and wish you weren`t my mothers.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I rated the last two "3" because if Dr.McKim had ordered a colonscopy years ago, my husband would not be stage 4 cancer right now. Dr. McKim, people here are not educated as they are in other places...you need to ask your patients if they have bleeding from the rectum, especially after a certain age. Yes, one should wonder about that symptom if they're having it, but again, the education is obviously poor in this area. Don't they teach this in the medical schools here? To ask your patients if they have this or that symptom around a certain age? Protect your patients. It is your job to look out for them.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

DR. MCKIM HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY DOCTOR FOR YEARS. HE DELIVERED MY FIRST BORN AND FEEL THAT HE IS PART OF OUR FAMILY NOW. MY HUSBAND HAS HAD A COUPLE OF INJURIES FROM WORK AND DR MCKIM IS VERY SYMPATHETIC AND UNDERSTANDING OF MY HUSBAND CONDITION. YES HE DOES RUN LATE AT TIMES, BUT ISN'T THAT SOMETHING ALL DOCTORS DO BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY CAN BE CALLED INTO THE HOSPITAL. WE REALLY LIKE DR. MCKIM AND ALSO HIS WIFE DR. DEMPSEY. FEELS LIKE HE IS ONE OF THE FAMILY

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I agree with others, VERY rushed... Honestly, if I could get another doctor in the area I would take them! He did not believe my son had Asthma until my son was rushed to the ER at 6 months from a severe asthma attack & almost died. Maybe lack of knowledge is to blame, but if he does not keep up to date then he should not practice right? Many other circumstances similar to this, but this was the worst case! I will give him credit though, his office has been much easier to get an appointment lately & they will actually answer the phone sometimes now!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

My family and I have been going to Dr. McKim for over 15 yrs.No problem whatsoever. We all really like him.Oft times he runs late,so what..when he does arrive he gets the job done. No complaints!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

This doctor is: rude, condescending, does not like women, arrogant, likes himself a lot. Very poor bedside manner. Doesn't listen.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

very, very rushed and brushes off patients concerns. Unwilling to hear patients opinions on treatment.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr. James McKim's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr McKim has been my doctor for almost 20 years.I have had several doctors before and I found Dr McKim to be the best by far. I read comments that he does not e..."

February 4, 2016
  • Postal Code has been updated from "E3A1" to "E3A 8V4". Address has been updated from "None" to "475 Brookside Drive". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15064589450".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "So my mother went to DR, Mckim for years..She started to feel awful and didnt know why..Dr. Mckim told her it was probably women problems and not to worry about..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr McKim was my doctor for a very long time. Probably since he started his practice. I really liked him and he was good to my kids. All that changed when he had..."

December 9, 2014