Ratings for Dr. Kimit Rai

My best friend and I both came together as one appointment and we both had the Mommy Makeovers. Dr. Rai did an amazing job on us. We are currently 3 weeks post-op and already in love with our improved look. His work is clean and precise. The staff are so warm, welcoming and accommodating. The whole experience has been phenomenonal. You changed our lives!! Thank you Dr. Rai & staff!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I just got both rhinoplasty as well a breast augmentation done. This was my first time and the entire experience was amazing and I could not thank dr rai enough! Dr rai is an artist! I am only one week post op and I am absolutely overwhelmed with happiness from the results he has given me. The surgery went amazingly and I look beautiful! Dr rai is extremely talented and kind and caring from the start I felt comfortable with him and felt he was there for me and nothing else. I went to many other doctors for consultations but dr rai was by far the perfect dr for me and I would pick him a thousand more times! I have already recommended him to my friends and family and I will continue to recommend him to everyone! If anyone is looking for a plastic surgeon who is trustworthy , there for you, incredible at what he does, dr rai is the doctor for you!! I truly could not be more grateful to him and his wonderful staff! Thank you so much dr rai!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Rai's staff was very helpful with the exception of one woman who's name escapes me but everyone else was so welcoming and kind and understood I wanted the surgery quite soon and they were able to accommodate me for the exact date I had wanted without any problems and the whole booking process was terrific. I am getting my breast augmentation as well as rhinoplasty done by dr Rai in two days and I am beyond excited. I did my research on the many doctors in Vancouver and I met with a few but out of them all I found a true match with dr Rai. From the start I felt completely comfortable with him, he knew exactly what I wanted and listened attentively to all my wants and concerns, he never once pressured me into going for a bigger size of implant nor did he even try to talk me into anything I didn't want. It truly felt he was here for me and that he genuinely cared about the patient in from of him (me). I am beyond confident and extremely excited for my upcoming surgery and I will post anothe rating after the surgery on how everything goes! But thus far I would recommend dr Rai to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I had rhinoplasty with dr. Rai on May 14 to try and correct breathing problems and a bump on my nose. Right from the beginning he was honest with me about the fact that the surgery may not correct my breathing problem as I had surgery in 2009 with another doctor and it did not work. As soon as I had the packing removed I could already feel my breathing was better. He was so gentle with my surgery that after two weeks my bruising and swelling was almost nonexistent and my nose was beautiful. I told him I didn't want a very obvious nose change and he made it perfect. I would 100 percent recommend dr. Rai for rhinoplasty but hurry up because he is set to retire next year.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I am writing this to all the people out there considering having breast argumentation from Dr Rai. I would strongly suggest you go elsewhere. I had a breast augmentation from Dr Rai. in September 2010. After my surgery my recovery was not normal and I would meet with him to discuss the pain and the concerns. Dr Rai would either brush me off by telling me "its scar tissue keep massaging" it will get better! When that did not work he decided to prescribe me medication that had nothing to do with my symptoms. Almost 2 years later, an ultra sound proved that he had left a tube inside me that was 15cm long and 6mm wide. Even when Dr. Rai received this report which clearly stated there was a tube inside of me, he denied any wrongdoing and, I believe, tried to trick me into thinking that it was a folded implant that he could fix with another surgery. I truly believe that Dr. Rai was lying to me and trying to trick me into having a further surgery so that he could remove the tube and conceal his mistake. The reason I believe this is because Dr. Rai was unaware that the ultra sound technician had already told me there was a tube inside me. He was actually going to charge me to pay for another surgery so that he could remove the tube and I truly believe he was lying to me in the hopes of being able to hide his mistake. I went to another doctor and had the tube removed as I was not going to trust my body to Dr. Rai again. I filed a lawsuit against him to recover my medical expenses and lost wages. I also wanted other women to know about this so they could avoid the terrible experience I had. If you want to review the case you can go to the Vancouver Registry and look up file number S125783.

Submitted May 31, 2016

Had my nose done back in 2006. Super satisfied to this day. His credentials are beyond incredible. He could possibly hold your hand a bit more (esp for a first-timer to plastic surgery), and his communication skills aren't stellar (non-native speaker), but his exemplary work speaks for itself.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

First, let me start off by saying that I really liked Dr. Rai. He has an incredibly warm personality and he seems to be a very caring man. This is why is pains me to say that I absolutely HATE the work that he did on me. My right breast is way higher than my left. It almost seems like it was misplaced under my muscle because when I cough or do certain movements, it moves really funny. Quite embarrassing I must say. My left breast looks nice but my nipples have large scars and the left nipple is no longer circular but jagged. I'm actually more embarrassed to be naked now than I was prior to surgery. This kind of defeats the purpose of getting the procedure done in the first place and it was so incredibly costly. If I could turn back time, I would not have had him as my surgeon. He also convinced me to go larger than I wanted, assuring me that I would lose some of my natural breast tissue so they would not appear as large. They are way too large for my body now and now I am finding myself wearing high neck tops all of the time and trying to find bras to make me seem smaller. I feel like a sow. I wish I was joking. :-( Just beware and cautious. I wish I was one of the lucky ones who it turned out for. I know things can happen and I guess I was one of the unlucky ones.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I had breast augmentation performed by Dr Rai in 2013. My initial impression upon meeting him was that he was quite old and I was not sure he would do a good job but upon talking with him I learned how much more knowledgeable and informative he was compared to other doctors I saw for a consult. I am indian female age 25 went from an A to D cup. He was a bit conservative about how many cc's to recommend but I had been advised by others slightly bigger is better as size will slightly decrease with time as they "fall". Dr Rai gave me instructions to prepare for surgery and I followed them diligently including an apple a day and prescribed supplements presurgery to reduce bruising. My surgery went smoothly and 3 years later I am extremely pleased with results. I had no complications from surgery and looks great. I continue to see him for yearly check ups and he is very honest and helpful about other cosmetic advice. Can be a bit eager to promote skin care products but overall great experience. Was recommended to him by a friend who had same procedure and also by top reviews. Will be retiring from surgery soon but is highly recommended. Have seen many other doctors about aesthetics and Dr Rai is great if you can move past being biased to his age.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr Rai is simply amazing! highly recommend for any breast procedure and face! he is an artist and is really talented. Not to mention he is super kind and listens to all your needs and questions, great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Rai is money hungry. He will try to get as much money from you as possible. Upon consultation he will give you one quote, if you come for a second consult he will give you a different quote. He doesn't remember. Then he'll say 'I'm giving you a discount', which he isn't. Money hungry.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015