Ratings for Dr. Karin Shetty

Dr, Shetty should not be able to practice medicine! This doctor blew off my father for 2 years instead of sending him to Halifax. Dr. Shetty's excuse was that the doctors in Halifax would laugh at him... due to his lack of abilities my father is now dead. He finally got referred to Halifax in the fall after I went to the appointment with him, where Dr. Shetty pointed his finger in my face and said there was nothing wrong with my dad. 4 months later... after seeing the doctor in Halifax my dad died at the QE2 with a massive heart attack. If you love anyone... do not let them go to this doctor. It is appalling that we have someone of his lack of knowledge, professionalism and abilities as a doctor on PEI... disgraceful and disheartening

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Shetty also touched me inappropriately. During a cardiac stress test he put his hand on my lower buttock and held it there. I felt very uncomfortable. Apparently this is not novel from other reports on here. My waist or back would have been more appropriate place to "support" me.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

This is a very thorough dr who has his patients interests at heart. He has very good bedside manner and is easily one of the nicest dr's I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr Shetty is an embarrassment to the medical profession on PEI. He is rude, agitated and a very poor communicator. He is resistant to send patients off Island for procedures, even though symptoms and the tests done at QEW would warrant this. Patients need to loudly advocate for themselves or have a family member to speak up for them. He was so awful I will be reporting him to the College. There are many many great doctors in PEI so find someone else!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

During a heart test at the hospital Dr. Shetty came from behind the chair I was in and put his hands on both my breasts and squeezed them...then he left the room. I was absolutely shocked and felt incredibly violated. When I went to the PEI College of Physicians to report this shocking incident I was told by the woman who saw me that I would have to pay $10,000.00 to the College in order to proceed with a complaint against Dr. Shetty which would show that "I was serious about reporting what happened" and that "if the panel believed me that it actually happened" then it would proceed to a complaint being put forward against him. When I said that I didn't have $10,000.00 I was told that my complaint "would not be taken seriously".

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Dr.Shetty is by far one of the smartest physicians that i have ever met .I was dealing with fever and chills for almost 6 weeks when he saw me in ER DEPARTMENT .He listened to me with care and full attention .I am so thankful for his precise diagnosis and appropriate treatment which put an end to my lingering and problematic symptoms in less than 48 hours. He has an excellent bedside manner .I strongly recommend this knowledgeable doctor .

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Very rude he said your problem lies from your hand going to your mouth to much.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Not at all thorough in his diagnosis of patients condition. In fact it is downright dangerous trusting him. Beware

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

There are a lot of sensitive cry babies here. Did the mean doctor tell you your lifestyle put you where you are? awwww, here, have a donut. Better take a nap. Shetty is A1, and a busy man. I like him and he has helped me get healthy. If you do not like what he is saying, stay home.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

this doctor is the worst i have ever come across ....he told me tge reason for my anaphlactic reactions was because i was fat and needed to lose weight....quack much

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015