Ratings for Dr. Nikki Waddell

As a patient and a Registered Nurse, I have experienced terse encounters with other Providers before but Dr. Waddell’s presentation was a bare display of rude, insensitive, and demeaning behavior. Her inability to remain objective led to the exposure of her personal biases and ultimately a deliberate assault on my right to courteous and respectful care. Negative facial expressions, tone of voice in delivery of information, and various disrespectful quips accompanied almost every assessment during my physical exam. After the exam when I voiced my concern to Dr. Waddell, she attempted to pervert my perception—calling it a booking issue caused by her staff leading to ill-conceived expectations on my part. The only expectation I had prior to that visit was to meet and establish care with the Doctor who would become my Primary Care Provider. In retrospect, I suppose that was an ill-conceived expectation.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Her staff was very friendly. I didn't like that she chastised the nurse in front of me. I went for an annual as a new patient. I had one main concern that I shared with her- a recurring problem. I felt like she brushed me off. Eat more fruit was her suggestion. So..we aren't even going to discuss my medical history with this issue? Every doctor that I have had gave me a prescription for my vitamin deficiency. Again, she brushed me off with - it's a common condition, make sure you take a multi-vitamin. She was nice in other conversation but I doubt I'll return.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

I had a tick bite, but didnt notice this until after hours so didnt call the Dr. But then the next day after doing a lot of research online and on web md, I became concerned about lyme disease so I paged the physician on call which happened to be Dr. Waddell. After explaining the situation, she became extremely rude and told me that she wished I didnt do my own researching and that I should have called right away instead of waiting a day. I told her that I when I discovered the bite it was after hours and only became concerned because of what I read. The whole phone conversation was mainly her ridiculing me for how I should or should not have done what I did instead of trying to solve the problem or give appropriate guidance. I told her I dont appreciate her giving me a lecture and she told me she didnt appreciate being bothered after hours for a situation like this!!! Her mannerism is just down right unprofessional and I wonder how she wakes up every day and calls herself a Dr.!!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

The staff is not the greatest some are rude ,but Dr Waddell is a very good doctor with a great bedside manner ! She is always willing to listen to me and explain my condition to me in words I can understand,not those big doctor terms. I would refer he to everyone !

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Service was rated poor due to being forgotten about while waiting to be seen by the doctor. After being diagnosed by the doctor after finally being seen, the doctor forgot to write out the prescriptions. I was sent to a secondary doctor for a sleep study and was found to have a severe case of sleep apnea. Due to not being able to sleep at night I could not properly function at work. My insurance company needed the doctor to fill out the necessary paper work diagnosing my sickness in which the doctor would not do. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea on 12/18/08 and still do not have a CPAP machine(01/07/09) to help me breath while attemting to sleep. I have had to visit the emergency room in between this time due to complications breathing with heart attack and stroke like symptoms. All symtoms seem to occur when trying to sleep. The doctor seems to not have a since of urgency when it comes to the patient health. I'm afraid that I could loss my life any day now.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

I took my 66 year old mother to this doctor. My mother was violently ill with food poisoning, was dehydrated and shaking. She was made to wait nearly an hour for her appointment and was given a trash can to throw up in while waiting in the emergency room. I believe that because my mother is a medicare patient, she was given less than acceptable care. Many of Dr. Waddell's staff members were rude and unhelpful, both over the phone and in person. I will be helping my mother to find a different doctor, one that can be trusted to give equitable care to all patients.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Dr. Nikki Waddell's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Woodbridge, VA