Ratings for Dr. Richard Beveridge

I ended up in the ER several times and they could not find the problem. The moment they admitted me and had Beveridge look at my chart he knew exactly what it was. My procedure went fine and I had very good luck with him when it reaccured.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Dr. Beveridge is a thoughtful thorough doctor. I thank heaven he had the foresight due to my various complaints to do a colonoscopy even though I had had one three years ago, and also an endoscopy. He removed several polyps in the large colon, for biopsy, and took biopsies of my small intestine (my mother had adenocarcinoma of the small intestine). He uncovered a hiatel hernia, a small amount of Barrett's Esophagus as well. I was in the surgical suite for one hour and I can say that he showed concern for a possible familial cancer and other issues, something that a previous gastroenterologist did not. Dr. Beveridge is pretty special on my list!! Carolyn Damon, cdbrittany@xpressamerica.net, Warren, Maine

flag | Submitted July 15, 2007

Worst colonoscopy I ever had. With my prior history of surgeries, it was extremely painful and I was undermedicated. Procedure was 2 hours late and he spent zero time with me. Just handed me my post op sheet and said I'd get a letter in the mail about the polyps he removed. Hard to rate his skills under these circumstances but this experience did not leave a very good impression of him or Parkview Hospital.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

For me, Dr. Beveridge has been a lifesaver. I had misdiagnosed my whole life and as soon as he saw me he started treating me for Crohn's disease. I have my quality of life back. However, he does not always remember things I tell him without looking at my chart. It is important that when you see him you remind him about your case every time. He often forgets and says I have colitis when I have crohns. But he has been the first doctor to get the diagnosis right and get it under control. My husband however has had less luck with him and has not been able to get his IBS under control. My colonoscopy went great, my husbands was very painful. Im interested in what others have to say about this doctor. Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2007

Dr. Richard Beveridge's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)