Ratings for Dr. Ben Carruthers

Dr. Carruthers is not proactive. On appointments he only services what the appointment is. He does not seem to know or look at past history or suggest examinations to avoid possible complications.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr ben has been my doctor for 24 years now . I cant complain when ever i feel ill i always have an appointment ...unless hes on vacation . sharon his secretary is always a big help even though im a pain in the butt sometimes ... i cant ever see myself getting a new doctor untill he retires .

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I've been going to him for 26 yrs and I've always liked him..at first it was for the candy ha. but he's usually very helpful and always nice. Wish it was easier to get in to see him but he's ALWAYS on vacation.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr C has been my family doctor for many years and is,in my opinion, one of the top Docters in this region.He is bang on in his diagnosis and has done great things for many people.We need a bunch more doctors just like him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Carruthers is excellent. He always asks questions and will refer me to a specialist if he feels it's required. He has a new Secretary and she is absolutely great. She always gets back to me, and is very polite.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

Dr. Carruthers is the best doctor in Burlington. He always listens to me and sends me to a specialist if he feels it is needed. I agree with other comments on this forum about Barb. She is a little hard to deal with sometimes...

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

He and his secretary are horrible. Dr. Carruthers is unavailable, dismissive, and often makes incorrect. My family sees him and he has botched serious cases.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I have known Ben for 27 years. Nice man but his diagnosis is not always accurate! He needs to hire a new secretary, better yet, someone with a medical background (retired nurse or medical secretary). Barb should be more careful when giving medical advice, she's in no way qualified. It would also be nice if Ben wasn't always on vacation!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Ben for over 30 yrs. Best doctor and friend! Have total trust in him. You must have trust in your doc.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

I've been going to Dr. C since he opened his practice up on Brant & Upper Middle. He is without a doubt the best Doc I have ever met. Compassionate and caring are two words that describe him very well. I hold him in the highest regard.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010