Ratings for Dr. Janet Patterson

Janet Patterson never saw me and wrote a full report about me entirely based on my ex husbands opinions at the time we were in and out of divorce court. She is both unprofessional and unethical. Dr. Patterson allowed an ex-husband without my consent to diagnosis me. and then gave him the report to photocopy. This woman can cause a lot of damage to your life. Please avoid her like the plague. St Joes hospital in Hamilton should be ashamed for enabling such an incompetent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

This doctor has very poor communication skills. Her knowledge about medicine is well below average. She seems to dislike people in general.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Likely one of the most unempathetic doctors I have ever met. She cares only for herself. Her heart isn’t in it.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

this woman told me that nobody would miss me if i died because i annoyed everyone

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

I saw her 2x for IME. She was 45 minutes late to each appointment and took several phone calls during our appointment. Her distraction is reflected in the reports that she compiled as she made quite a few errors with facts she presented ( so opposite of what I told her I suspect she mixed me up with someone else, she also misrepresented the amount of time she spent with me claiming a 2 hour assessment that was only 30 minutes long with multiple interruptions ) She made very bold statements that have been proven through extensive testing to be false simply based on what she was assuming regarding my injuries/ situation. Were it left up to her I would not be receiving the services I desperately need as she deemed them unnecessary. However, lucky for me I have many experts who recognize the full effect of my situation / injuries and advocated on my behalf to ensure I get ALL the help I deserve. My care will be taken over by a neuro psychologist at the Hamilton ABI clinic, finally getting the help I need. I urge everyone to be very vocal with this Dr and make her listen to you. Find a Dr who will put their phone down and actively listen. You will be far better off.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Patterson is notorious for doing the absolute bare minimum by law. In contrast to dr. Spinner and others on tower 10, Patterson does not have her heart in it. Also found that having to wait hours in the morning to see her before being allowed to smoke was unreal since that was one of the very few things which can soothe troubled minds. Havent had an episode in years and pray it stays that way so long as I dont have to entrust my life to her once more. Thank you to all the staff at st joes who have saved my life and familys wellbeing!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

She covere for my doctor once. I was amazed by her lack of empathy. How is she working still?

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Ask for another doctor. She's useless. I'm pretty sure she is a narcissist.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

It floors me that Dr. Patterson is allowed to work with people in crisis. She is behind in her knowledge and needs her ego stroked every ten seconds. I'm scared for the individuals that get admitted after making an attempt at taking their lives. For them, that hospital stay is their last chance. Patterson doesn't listen, didn't address my concerns well or professionally and used my speculated self diagnoses to give me an official diagnosis with out further investigation. She needs to be in that ward her self.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I would never use her again. Rude, condescending and doesn't listen. Acted like what I was saying didn't matter, spoke over me and basically dismissed me. I cannot believe she is actually allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017