Ratings for Dr. Joseph A Fried

I'm changing docs had him for over 20 years misdiagnosed everything said I had Norwalk was a gall bladder infection even charged me for the time off work note

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Fried is incompetent. Does not take patient concerns seriously and makes ridiculous comments. His office staff is rude, not pleasant to deal with and not helpful whatsoever. The office itself is a disgusting dump that I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to. He should be put out of business.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

A wait is always required, as he likes to kibbutz and tell stories. He's been our family doctor for 25 years and is brilliant, has never made an error with us. He doesn't just refer you out, he diagnoses and treats. It'll be a sad day for my daughters and I when he retires.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

iv seen him for 20 plus years ..when I was 30 I felt it was a good idea to have a complete physical ..he looked at me and said u don't need one u look healthy lol I basically had to beg him and I said I'm a working man I pay tons of tax I want a physical or theres going to be major problems...the secretary barely answers phones doesn't call people back ...and have u guys seen his waiting room prob get sick just sitting in there the carpet is prob 15 years old nobody vacuums or cleans ...

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

My sister asked for a pap smear and he told her she didn't need it. She now has cervical cancer

Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Fried is an excellent physician. He is personable, caring and extremely knowledgable. His receptionist, on the other hand, is the worst I have ever encountered. At a recent appointment, she allowed one of her personal friends to jump the queue. I waited an extra 30 minutes as a result!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Amazing Doctor. Have been going to him for over 20 years. Fantastic guy. So helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I cannot express how unprofessional this doctor is. I have had multiple bad experiences with Dr. Fried over the years and would not recommend his office to anyone!!!! More often than not, there is an hour long wait time and Dr. Fried always rushes me out of the office before I get to address my concerns. I once waited over 8 months for him to send a referral to another doctor. When I confronted him about this he told me that my needs weren't a high priority to him and he would "get around to it when he had a chance". He is extremely condescending and does not take mental health issues seriously. He once addressed one of my concerns as "disgusting" and refused to look in my ear. Dr. Fried makes comments that are very inappropriate, and ALWAYS breaches patient confidentiality by telling me about people who are "much worse off".

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

As others have said, there is a bit if a wait and Dr Fried likes to talk. I think that is his way of being personable. Contrary to others I didn't find his treatment of mental illness to be poor. He saw me regularly as a young adult waiting a year to get into treatment. He was happy to prescribe psychiatric medications that I was on and less so to do something new. I think that is five as he is not a psychiatrist and doesn't want to step on mine's toes. I find that he will test one thing and even when it's not that, he'll drop the inquiry and give a "probably" dx. I don't appreciate not getting to the bottom of things. Be an advocate for yourself. Fried responds well to self-knowledge/research (provided you are google dx'g yourself). It's good to know stuff but don't get caught up in the internet too much.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I found Dr. Fried a great doctor. I had been going to him for 20 years. He takes his time and listens to your concerns. He has helped me through some difficult emotional times. He is respectful of his patients. He has always taken his time answering my questions. I have recently moved and had to leave his practice.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015