Ratings for Dr. John Michiels

Extremely Knowledable and Professional!!! He has an excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I feel Dr Michiels is a well qualified Dr. My only concern is that I always feel incredibly rushed like he cant get away fast enough. For this reason I am glad he moved on and now I am very lucky to be cared for by dr Morrey Black

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Our family went to Dr. Michiels for a great number of years. Was totally upset when he decided to retire, then found out that in fact he is still practicing out of the ER in Dunnville. When one of our family members had a fall and saw him. We were told that nothing was wrong, only to find out months later that surgery was needed to repair tendon damage. Great with patients when he has time but seems to have lack of time for getting to the bottom of some problems. Otherwise a really good GP/

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I have seen Dr Michiels over the past twenty years only in the ER and I have never had a problem that is until now. I went to the ER almost two weeks ago with a laceration to the top of my foot caused by a knife falling on it. The nurse wanted to call a surgeon in but he said no. He stitched me up and sent me home. Went to have my stitches remove after 10 days as per his instructions.Only to find out that I had severed a tendon and now have no use of my big toe, the wound did not heal because of the location of the cut and my foot should have been splinted. Now I am waiting for a very painful surgery that should have been done the night of. Because of him I may have irreversable damage to my foot. I understand mistakes happen but this one is too major to overlook. I am not happy with the care I recieved from him.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

Thank you Dr. Michiels for being the most caring and helpful physician that you were over the the last 20 years! Our family loved your style; the way you made them feel at ease. We won't easily forget you, your humour and genuine care for us as a family. As others have said, he was open to other specialists and that has made the difference in our health as well. Dr. Michiels was referred to me by our family doctor Dr. Dunlop who has since retired. He was a gentle and caring man as well.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Dr. Michiels has been my doctor all my life and i am 23. I will surely miss him as he is retiring next month. I wish him the best and hope i can find a replacement as equally qualified, considerate, and loving.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

I myself do not have the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Michiels, however my good friend is and i have only heard the best about him. He is not afraid to give you medication, and if one medication does not work he will continue trying different ones until you are cured. He also has no problem referring patients to specialists, which my doctor does. I wish I was a patient of Dr. Michiels and anyone that is a patient of his is extremely lucky.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

I consider myself among the privledged to have Dr. Michiels very caring never rush and treament is always appropriate. I truly can't say enough good on his behalf.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Michiels has a down to earth bed side manner, easy to talk to. If he can't get you in to the office right away he will phone. He gets things done right away and will refer you out of town to shorten wait times for tests and minor procedures. I would never think of changing family doctors.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Google Dr. John F Michiels and you will see he has lost his medical licenses in Arizona and Texas. Check out the CPSO website...his Ontario license is also restricted and this is public knowledge...health care is not always about prompt service and "sense of humour"!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008