Ratings for Dr. Tim Vander Leek

More concerned about his self promotion than patients

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Our son recently passed a peanut challenge under Dr. Vander Leek's guidance and recommendation and it has been truly life changing. We met with Dr. Vander Leek 3 times in the year following our son's peanut allergy diagnosis and we extremely impressed with this physician. You only need to google his name to see how knowledgable he is, how much research he has done in his field - and that comes across in person as well - this guy knows his stuff. Not only that - he took a lot of time with us during each of the three visits to answer all of our questions and explain the complicated world of allergies to us. In fact - one of the visits was just us coming in to ask more questions and he took the time to explain everything to us again. The more I've spoken to people whose children have allergies - the more I appreciated Dr. Vander Leek. He is progressive in his thinking and up to date on the latest research that is always changing in the allergy world. Because his goal with our son was not only to manage his allergy but hopefully get to a place where we could challenge it - our son now eats peanuts every day. I realize we are one of the lucky ones but Dr. Vander Leek makes sure he identifies who could be one of the "lucky ones" through diligent testing and monitoring every year - I truly think that made the difference in our son outgrowing his allergy - it's crazy to think that had we not seen Dr. Vander Leek - someone else might have missed the window of opportunity that allowed us to challenge this allergy. Our life will forever be changed because of Dr. Vander Leek and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Wonderful doctor and has immense knowledge, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I have seen Dr. Vanderleek for about a year and a half with all three of my children. He presents very well; is knowledgeable and competent. I appreciated his approach to their care. Recently, however, I have found him condescending, argumentative, defensive and truly patronizing. He actually blamed me when I asked questions or was stating observations in my son's condition. Like others have suggested, he seems to have quite a god-complex, thinking that his opinion as a doctor far supersedes anything a parent might know.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Fantastic support!! Excellent care and professionalism!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I will be sad when my daughter is too old to be under his care because of his excellent rapport with us and his excellent care.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Came in for a follow up for our daughter from 100km away. Unexpected construction delayed our arrival and I contacted the office as I was stuck on a highway at a dead stop. I informed them of the issue and was told to "hurry up and get (there)". I arrived 16 minutes late with three children in tow and was refused by Tim to be seen. Absolutely ridiculous. I understand that appointments need to be kept and are scheduled for a reason, however, we had extenuating circumstances and had called the office prior to our arrival. Our daughter is severely affected with skin issues and has seen Tim before. I really feel mistreated by the "delicate genius". FYI make sure you leave hours ahead of schedule and sit in the waiting room with your children for hours waiting.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

After years of medicating my daughter for asthma with no improvement, it took a referral to Dr Vander Leek for allergy tests to help us realize that she didn't have asthma, it was VCD. He was through and asked all the right questions. I just wish we could have seen him years sooner to prevent the unneeded medications.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Wonderful doctor! Very knowledgable and thorough. Dr. Vander Leek has great chair side manners and makes my 3 year old son relaxed and comfortable at his visits.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I went to Dr. Vander Leek for my daughter's multiple allergies. At first I liked him, he seemed to care. The most recent appointment I had with him he was very rude and told me I was making him do useless tests on my daughter because he already knew if she had allergies or not. I have not been back to see him. He doesn't have the greatest people skills.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016