Ratings for Dr. Tim Vander Leek

My child developed severe reactions towards certain fruits, nuts, as well as environmental, to the point that my child couldn't be outdoors during spring time at all for more than a few minutes, due to loss of breathing from something we didn't know. This would happen outdoors, appearing to be allergic, causing rashes & even loss of breathing. This caused a great concern, & after seeing our family Dr., We were referred to this clinic. We waited for 8 months to see Dr. Vander Leek, in hopes of getting answers to overcome or manage my child's severe allergic reactions. After our long waited appointment, Dr. Vanderlerk left my child in tears from his arrogance, & God like attitude. I am an educated person myself, but Dr. VanderLeek treated us as though we were beneath him, trying to make us feel stupid. He was very condescending, & he knew it! The whole time in addition to being ignorant, he had this expression on his face to remind us that he knows everything & we know nothing. He acted like he was God, & he knew everything before even attempting to listen to our concerns, or run any tests. He refused to truly listen, & had answers that made no sense without even listening to our questions. He refused to answer anything that I asked him, & looked at me as though I was stupid for asking in the first place. He said you only need to know that "I am right, & you sometimes just have to listen & go with what the professional knows." He tried to convince us against testing, as he claimed he knew all the answers without tests. He continued to tell us that he's wasted too much time with us already, & that we need to appreciate that. (He was with us for 10-15min., & he did most of the talking. He would'nt let me speak, & would interrupt me & cut of my sentences when I attempted to ask a question that made no sense based on his theory. We waited for almost a year for this appointment. Had he dropped the God syndrome act and actually answered our questions, instead of lecturing us of he know everything, the appointment would've went quicker.) he accused my child of making up what was going on, & I as a parent witnessed for myself that what happened to my child was real. I was watching my child struggling to breath.(I felt like crying myself during the appointment, but couldn't let my child see this.) He finally did a quick test, but acted as though he did us a huge favor doing it, looking irritated the entire time. (this test was not free either!) He rushed us out telling us if we still question him, then he isn't going to help us. (He didn't help us as it was. He made us feel worse than before.) he didn't give us results from the test I paid for either. I was in such shock from him, that I left without even asking the receptionist for a copy of the results that the Doctor didn't care to discuss. My child who's old enough to understand everything (10yrs old) cried & told me that the Dr. Doesn't believe the truth, & that he was rude, & that never will my child want to see him again. This is the 1st time my child disliked someone so much. I felt the same. Dr. Vanderleek is terrible doctor. He loves to hear the sound of himself lecturing patients & putting them down. I would recommend if your child needs help, to go to anyone else but this doctor. He shouldn't work with families. This is the first time I ever wrote a review in my life, but felt so sick inside from this experience, that I wanted to prevent others from such a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Our son recently passed a peanut challenge under Dr. Vander Leek's guidance and recommendation and it has been truly life changing. We met with Dr. Vander Leek 3 times in the year following our son's peanut allergy diagnosis and we extremely impressed with this physician. You only need to google his name to see how knowledgable he is, how much research he has done in his field - and that comes across in person as well - this guy knows his stuff. Not only that - he took a lot of time with us during each of the three visits to answer all of our questions and explain the complicated world of allergies to us. In fact - one of the visits was just us coming in to ask more questions and he took the time to explain everything to us again. The more I've spoken to people whose children have allergies - the more I appreciated Dr. Vander Leek. He is progressive in his thinking and up to date on the latest research that is always changing in the allergy world. Because his goal with our son was not only to manage his allergy but hopefully get to a place where we could challenge it - our son now eats peanuts every day. I realize we are one of the lucky ones but Dr. Vander Leek makes sure he identifies who could be one of the "lucky ones" through diligent testing and monitoring every year - I truly think that made the difference in our son outgrowing his allergy - it's crazy to think that had we not seen Dr. Vander Leek - someone else might have missed the window of opportunity that allowed us to challenge this allergy. Our life will forever be changed because of Dr. Vander Leek and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Wonderful doctor and has immense knowledge, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I have seen Dr. Vanderleek for about a year and a half with all three of my children. He presents very well; is knowledgeable and competent. I appreciated his approach to their care. Recently, however, I have found him condescending, argumentative, defensive and truly patronizing. He actually blamed me when I asked questions or was stating observations in my son's condition. Like others have suggested, he seems to have quite a god-complex, thinking that his opinion as a doctor far supersedes anything a parent might know.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Fantastic support!! Excellent care and professionalism!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I will be sad when my daughter is too old to be under his care because of his excellent rapport with us and his excellent care.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Came in for a follow up for our daughter from 100km away. Unexpected construction delayed our arrival and I contacted the office as I was stuck on a highway at a dead stop. I informed them of the issue and was told to "hurry up and get (there)". I arrived 16 minutes late with three children in tow and was refused by Tim to be seen. Absolutely ridiculous. I understand that appointments need to be kept and are scheduled for a reason, however, we had extenuating circumstances and had called the office prior to our arrival. Our daughter is severely affected with skin issues and has seen Tim before. I really feel mistreated by the "delicate genius". FYI make sure you leave hours ahead of schedule and sit in the waiting room with your children for hours waiting.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

After years of medicating my daughter for asthma with no improvement, it took a referral to Dr Vander Leek for allergy tests to help us realize that she didn't have asthma, it was VCD. He was through and asked all the right questions. I just wish we could have seen him years sooner to prevent the unneeded medications.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Wonderful doctor! Very knowledgable and thorough. Dr. Vander Leek has great chair side manners and makes my 3 year old son relaxed and comfortable at his visits.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I went to Dr. Vander Leek for my daughter's multiple allergies. At first I liked him, he seemed to care. The most recent appointment I had with him he was very rude and told me I was making him do useless tests on my daughter because he already knew if she had allergies or not. I have not been back to see him. He doesn't have the greatest people skills.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016