You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tim Vander Leek

I went to Dr. Vander Leek for my daughter's multiple allergies. At first I liked him, he seemed to care. The most recent appointment I had with him he was very rude and told me I was making him do useless tests on my daughter because he already knew if she had allergies or not. I have not been back to see him. He doesn't have the greatest people skills.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Amazing!!! He is a great listener to all our concerns and questions as parents of a child with multiple allergies. He is very patient and takes his time with us. I never feel like I'm being rushed. My daughter is 5 and is very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Amazing doctor, very knowledgable. And very concerned about us knowing the proper information about or allergies and disregarding and tall tales or assumptions I may have made about these allergies and giving me the facts.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Seemed good until I asked a simple question. He immediately got angry and defensive and suggested that I was questioning his "expertise". I can do without the "god" complex.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

I have had the same experience with Dr. Vander Leek. He is condescending. Very knowledgeable, but he is looking to lecture you. He does not listen. My concerns were not addressed and he implied that we didn't know how to take medication properly because the pharmacy had not entered how many time the prescription had been filled on Netcare. Brutal

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I have previously left a positive comment for Dr. VanderLeek but have since been talked down too when he stated that I did not follow his directions when in fact I did. It was humiliating. Prior to this, my experience with him was great. I'll go back again but I am looking into moving to a new pediatric allergist.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. Vander Leek is the most knowledgeable doctor i have ever met. He was extremely helpful with my 3 year olds asthma, allergies, and eczema. For the parents that are questioning his reasons for the food challenge... My sons prick tests and blood tests all come back that he is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, peanuts and wheat. I agreed to the food challenge, and today my son is eating all the foods that his blood tests showed he was allergic too. When he was a baby, we would have reactions to these foods, but if i didnt agree to the challenge he would not be eating this foods today and i would be still living in fear over an allergy i thought still existed. This is proof that blood tests are not correct. Thank you Dr. Vander Leek.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

I find myself being very fortunate to have Dr. Vander Leek as my daughters allergist. He seems very knowledgeable and took all my questions and concerns in account and explained to me what was going on in a very easy to understand and helpful manner. After the initial consultation I feel at ease knowing that my daughter is in good hands and will be treated properly from a very capable doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

My son was only 1 1/2 when he went to see Dr. Vander Leek for asthma diagnosis. The doc was very helpful, and answered all the questions and concerns I had. He was able to quickly determine which meds my son should be on, and explained how to use them, what they did and what the risks were. He also did allergy testing, and determined he was slightly allergic to few things. My doctor referred us to him, and told us he was the best in his opinion, and I have to agree.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Doctor Vander Leek is my favorite pediatric alergist every. He is very considerite and straight to the point. He also has a very good computer, hairdoo and most importantly ties. I love him and he is my faja.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Tim Vander Leek's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Vander Leek for my daughter's multiple allergies. At first I liked him, he seemed to care. The most recent appointment I had with him he was very ..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing!!! He is a great listener to all our concerns and questions as parents of a child with multiple allergies. He is very patient and takes his time with u..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor, very knowledgable. And very concerned about us knowing the proper information about or allergies and disregarding and tall tales or assumptions ..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Seemed good until I asked a simple question. He immediately got angry and defensive and suggested that I was questioning his "expertise". I can do without the ..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have had the same experience with Dr. Vander Leek. He is condescending. Very knowledgeable, but he is looking to lecture you. He does not listen. My conce..."

May 8, 2015