Ratings for Dr. Maria Douketis

Very detailed and caring doctor. I feel fortunate to have had her as my family doctor

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

AWESOME ! NICE ! HONEST ! POLITE! And always ready to help and give her time . Also she listen carefully with a soft smile on her face never saw her angry rude or insulting . She is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr. Doukettis is one of the best Doctors my family has come across. She is thorough in her work and examinations, very meticulous and her diagnosis has always been accurate. her staff unlike many medical clinics is efficient and courteous and most of the time appointments are punctual. I cant be more thankful for having her as our family Doctor. God Bless her !

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I'm at a complete loss 4 words, & often wonder how this person became a doctor & continues to be a doc. Her bedside manner is severely lacking as well as basic compassion and empathy. You would think that after the passing of her husband that she'd be a better physician. Instead she's NO longer as dedicated & committed as she once was and she 2 nows rushes you out the door& takes clinical short cuts.During a physical she no longer does bi manuals, urine tests, checks ur abdomen or checks the pressures on ur feet. Sadly enough, while doc's take clinical shortcuts, they still bill OHIP for full service and I pay more taxes. It's concerning to me that these docs put our lives@ risk by taking short cuts b/c of their greed.We desperately need radical reforms in ON.Patients need voices! I also feel uncomfy w/ the fact that Dr. D ALWAYS wears a mask. This is OFFENSIVE! R we gremy patients? Why become a doc, if ur going to comport yourself in this manner?

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

I have begun seeing Dr. Douketis and find her to be very professional, pleasant and thorough. Each time I see her she warms up a bit more and shows she cares. I am not sure what people expect from a doctor but she is human. A woman who loses her husband should not be judged and has the right to do what is best for herself and her family as each of us would. In fact, she must have been so distraught that she could not find it within herself to make extensive explanations and apoligies. The Clinic is clean, efficient and helpful. What more could you want?

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

I agree w/the previous posters, this doc lacks humility compassion,empathy&most imp.her bed side manners are terrible.No,she's not warm, one of the most important characteristics a good doc posses.Yes, I appreciate that her exams r thorough,but she was better @ 2401.She's definitely changed,not 4 the better.She treated me very poorly, she hurt me. She didn't at all consider my feelings & needs,nor does she listen.I made several suggestions of what I prefer, h/w she dismissed them, She constantly rushes me&motions me out the door& states that she's busy,news flash so am I. I travel along way,wait a long time in waiting rm &i'm entitled to quality care, she has a responsibility to give her patients all the time they need.Her staff is just as curt and cold, they simply DON"T CARE. I can't believe that after all she went through that she treats her patients worse then boors.She needs a refresher course on patient's emotions, and proper care.PAtients should be treated w/ dignity&respect!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

She is the best! Very professional, caring, and you can count on her being there when you need her.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Oh, I'n so upset!She took a leave od absence for over a year due to serious family issues. This is totally accepatable & understandable, however she did promise her patients that she would return once the sityation was resolved.In fact this was not the case, unfortunately her husband passed and sent us all a letter stating that b/c she was so grief stricten w/ her loss she has decided to close down her practise\%no longer practise medicine. Sheledt allof us high and dry!Unfortunately this in not the case.I recieved word that she came back andis practising in Scarborough on Warden. Why couldn't she 've come back to 2401 Yonge St. where her old patients desperately need her? Do we smell bad? I find her actions to be egocentric, unfeeling and callous. How could she? Did she ever think of us?

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

When Dr. Douketis first announced her leave of absence I immediately suspected that something serious was happening in her life. This is a women who was dedicated to her patients and their care and she would not have just "up and left" without good reason. For over 10 years I received the best medical care from her and I found her manner to be thoughtful and approachable. I recommended her to over 5 people and they were all thankful to have found a doctor who took the time to listen. I haven't been able to find someone to replace her for over a year, and I'm still searching. She had my trust and confidence and I wish her the best.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Dr. Douketis is a great doctor and it is unfortunate that she must close her practice after serious family issues. You cannot fault her for that. I received a letter with her explanation and I can imagine that finally deciding to close her practice was difficult. That has no relevance to her rating as a dr. She is easy to talk to, not judgemental, open and honest and not a drug pusher. she spends time with her patience and doesn't make you visit for each problem.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009