Ratings for Dr. Archie W. Houser

Dr. Houser is a great doctor who seems to be current on his treatments. He took the time to listen to my concerns. I suppose that can make the wait time longer.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Houser has never been on-time I have waited up to 2 hrs after my sched appt time however, normally it averages 1 hr & they wonder why your B/P is high?! Dr. Houser knows our names. Seems to care about our conditions. Staff: Ask for refills to Prescription Solutions (AARP) but they called then all into Costco. Went to pickup a new RX at Costco & they had a whole bag of medicine totalling nearly $600 because, with AARP you pay more if you don't use their mail in program. Plus, one of the refills was susppose to be for 90 days & it is taken twice a day & the RX was only written for quanity 90 & it should had been 180. Because of the wait time I transfer to a Dr at Semla Medical however, Dr wasn't interested in me as his patient so, I transfer to another Dr within Selma & that was even worse as my sugar from Feb-May 2011 was in the 200-300's & she did nothing to try to control & in May my sugar was nearly 700 causing a hospital stay. Now, I'm back w/ Dr. Houser & my sugar level <200!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Very uncaring. After long, long waits, he comes into the exam room w/his computer and plays w/it the entire time he is w/you. After having a multitude of appointments with him over a relatively short time period, he still didn't know my name whenever I came in...he was the same w/my husband. Laughed at us when we questioned diagnosis possibilites. Never had an appt. when it was on time.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr. Archie W. Houser's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med