Ratings for Dr. Charlene Lyndon

I have had Dr. Lyndon as a gynecologist for over 10 years. At first I was referred to another gynecologist as a teenager and diagnosed with severe endometriosis, adenomyosis and poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Living life being in horrible pain all the time. I had surgery at least once a year and sometimes more than once. I thought that I had tried everything to decrease bleeding and the debilitating pain and was about exhausted from not getting any relief and pretty much going in circles. It wasn't until about 5 years of trying so many things, being on every kind of narcotic out there....I was so addicted to those narcotics.....I knew that I needed my life back. So I stopped everything cold turkey. Of course I was in terrible pain; but I was finding other ways to just push through. When the pain was unbareable I would go to the hospital and get treatment for my pain there. Then about a year and a half later I was referred to Dr. Lyndon through a doctor at Rockyview emergency and she actually sat and listened to my entire story. She was the first doctor that actually gave a shit about my quality of life. She was shocked that I was so young and the amount of surgeries that I had previously had. Just going in circles and for so many blood tests and ultrasounds, CT, MRIs etc... She discussed a couple of different options for me to try that I had never tried before. She was the only person to actually treat my actual problems rather than try to mask it with medicine. I would highly recommend Dr. Lyndon to any female that has any women health issues. I have followed Dr.Lyndon from a couple of different offices. To date the clinic she worked at up on the hill over near Canada Olympic Park was by far the best staff and atmosphere of any Medical clinic that I have ever been to. I have read some comments about "oh I had to wait for so long since the doctor was behind".... Let me tell you I would wait for as long as I would have to for her! I cannot tell you how many times I was fit in due to emergencies and I will never complain about any doctors being behind ever! Doctors have to see alot of people and I have been in the situation where I showed up and it was urgent that she see me. So for her to run behind schedule, you need to think that there might have been some kind of an emergency! That person needs to be taken care of on an urgent basis. I have been there so I will never complain! All I know is after seeing a total of probably 6 other obgyn's and countless other doctors. Dr. Lyndon is one of the doctors that I can say is my guardian angel! If I would never have met her and the amazing care she has gave me. I honestly don't know where I would be today! She has completed a few surgeries on me, and always goes out of her way to call me and check in on me either at home or being in the hospital! If anyone has been through anything like what I have. If you are sick and tired of pretty much being sick/ in pain, and just getting brushed off or just referred to other doctors who just want to give you medicine!!! Go see Dr. Lyndon! You will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

I had to wait for this appointment however she was worth the wait. She listened to me and helped me with my fibroids. She helped me pick a surgical time for next summer and I am confident in the plan until then. Definitely an excellent doctor, definetly worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

I had on seen Dr. Lyndon once, but when I had a situation her receptionist said she was working at the hospital and to go there and she would meet me. Not only did she meet me, she treated me like royalty. Dr. Lyndon went above and beyond her call of duty for me and my unborn baby that afternoon. She was so kind, soft spoken and patient. I will always be grateful for her help and putting my kind at ease. She truly is one of a kind!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

I am so happy I saw Dr Lyndon. I have been to several clinics because I would get sharp pains in my abdomen and they would take me as a joke and tell me it's pms. I went to Dr Lyndon and during the first visit we found out it was overian cysts. She has knowledge and respect. Thank you Dr Lyndon

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Lyndon is wonderful. She has helped me with my pain. All the different meds were presented with the pros and cons of each. Dr. Lyndon has an amazing understanding of endometriosis. She has helped me so much I will be forever grateful. Should my pain return I will be returning to her. Very nice doctor too!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

No doubt knowledgeable, but lacks perspective on treatment options. Went to her for concerns about endometriosis, a touchy gyno disease. Over the next year, at every appt, she refused to listen to other doctors opinions, ignored direct recommendations from 3 physiotherapists, and constantly bullied me into taking hormonal treatment that would put me into menopause at age under 25. Refused to listen to second medical opinions saying I REQUIRE surgery, especially for a disease that cannot be diagnosed without surgery (despite her 'diagnosing' me on a pelvic exam). Also gave false information and hope, saying a certain drug will CURE my disease despite countless academic and medical sources saying it is incurable and only operable and that the drug has no conclusive evidence on positive treatment. Not even going to touch on the fact that every appt she is over an hour late for... Booked surgery out of desperation from pain, but actively seeking alternative surgeon. Booked surgery out of desperation from pain, but actively seeking alternative surgeon. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR FOR ENDO. UNTRAINED (NO FELLOWSHIP)

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I encountered Dr Lyndon to be exceptional with her knowledge and skill. Everything was explained and all my options given. She has a calm manner and I understood my condition. My surgery went very well (laparoscopic hysterectomy) and I was walking the next morning. Dr Lyndon is wonderful and I would not hesitate to go back. She has given me my life back as I no longer live in pain.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I've been to several doctors because I had bleeding problems with my fibroid. Dr Lyndon was the only doctor who figured out how to give me my life back! I was nervous to get surgery but Dr Lyndon gave me confidence to move ahead. She made sure all my questions were answered and the surgery was perfect. The team at Rockyview that she works with is also excellent. Also, she's really nice!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

I came here two years ago with my mom and honestly, without this doctor's help I don't know what would have happened to my mother. I am so grateful for you doctor Charlene! Thank you so much for going that extra step with my mom. You have helped us tremendously.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Dr. Lyndon is an outstanding physician. I met her in the emergency room at Rockyview many years back when she was asked to review my mothers case. She was excellent and when I developed a prolapse I searched her out. Just as in the past she was excellent. She explains everything and offers all the options. There was sometimes a wait but not bad. Her compassion, skill and pre and post surgery care were all excellent. Dr. Lyndon is great!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017