Ratings for Dr. Jon Davine

This doctor made me so extremely overwhelmed and I was crying from the stress within five minutes of our session, and I don’t even have anxiety. My mind was all over the place trying to answer his fast pace questions. He missed key information about my experiences because I didnt get a chance to explain my thoughts before he asked the next question. He felt like a robot, question after question, not looking up or pausing to think. It seemed like he just needed to get through the questions in order to push me out of the office and wasn’t actually listening to my answers. In the end he said he’d set me up with a counsellor (thank god) because he didn’t see any major stress or reasons for my feelings?? Kind of made me feel like my emotions and problems weren’t enough for him. Thankful I hopefully don’t have to see him again, he seemed angry and frustrated at everything I said. After our session I wanted to go home, eat as much food as I could, and crawl into my bed. So unhappy with my experience.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

This man is so rude and very impatient.. Lacks any sort of empathy or compassion.. He asks questions and wants an immediate response when you suffer from illnesses that impact your cognitive abilites it takes time to form answers... He took answers and twisted and bent it to from what was his preconceived idea of what illness I had... He was very interogative in his approach to the assessment he did.. He needs to work for a detective firm and not in mental health... I hope and pray i never see this man again!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Very opinionated and is always right, loves to hear himself talk, doesn't listen to you, instead he questions you very basically and then tells you what's best for you without any explanation why.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I met with this DR at StoneChurch family health clinic and he was rude, offensive and transphobic. He lacks the needed education to deal with the youth and LGBT populations. He used problematic language that stigmatized mental illness. I would never recommend him to someone who is looking for client centred trauma informed care. He is not compassionate.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

After being referred from acute care to East Region I met with a social worker twice before I even met Dr. Davine. During our intake he kept his gaze down and wrote notes the entire time. He came off as very impersonal and just seemed like he didn't want to be there. When I would answer his questions he would alter my responses and repeat them back to me (I am aware of the DSM criteria and it seemed like he wanted to make sure I fit into a certain diagnosis). I spent almost two years under his care and our initial intake was the only time I ever saw him, which is probably a good thing since my social worker was a wonderful and compassionate woman.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

He was a great doctor to see in my time of need! I have been struggling with mental illnesses since I was a little kid and I have been to many doctors over the years. My experience was great with Dr. Divine, which I can't say for all the doctors I have seen in the past. I have taken abnormal psychology courses in University and they are supposed to ask you personal questions. They are supposed to have some detachment from the patients or they would go crazy themselves! He didn't seem rushed in my case, he actually went over time when I was having a rough day. He was very knowledgeable and very helpful and got me into some various programs which I will be starting soon. Psychiatrists aren't someone you would see regularly, so the blunt, personal questions have to be asked because how are they to help otherwise. For a more personal, comforting atmosphere I go to a therapist, but this is not what psychiatrists are there to do. Dr. Divine is a pleasure to work with and I'm going to go back

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Davines for over a year and will continue to be for quite a while.I have worked in a medical profession for over 20 years and I am confident in Dr Davines approach,knowledge and concern for the welfare of his patients.I was surprised when I read the other comments.As patients we need to have ownership in our own well being, not just to place blame on others, even our Psychiatrist!I don't like my diagnosis, but it was presented to me in a way that I know I have options,potential and a prosperous future ahead, and some meds :)

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to be taught by this very knowledgable psychiatrist during my family medicine residency. My experiences were nothing but positive. He clearly has a deep understanding of psychiatry. He was able to gage what each resident wanted and tailored his teaching to meet each and every one of our needs. I have not seen him as a patient, but I would never imagine having the negative experience that some of the above patients had. Unfortunately, there are questions that must be asked and time constraints are a reality in any job. Sometimes patients don't have a positive outcome, but that's medicine. Things go wrong and not all illnesses are easily treated.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

This guy is the definition of INCONSIDERATE. I have a very serious chronic mental illness that has left me hospitalized many times. After meeting with me for what seemed like 10 minutes, he came to his biased conclusion and told me that i just have a lot of issues and need counselling and that he'd see me in a month. He said that if he was doing nothing with his life he'd probably be depressed too. He has zero respect and empathy for the struggle I go through every day, makes it seem like you don't matter. Cant tell you the number of times I went in there with an open mind and left so hopeless and suicidal. This guy needs to realize how his could care less and brutal approach seriously affects his patients. It scares me to think how many people this guy has put over the edge. I feel morally obligated to file a complaint against this guy, i find it mind-boggling that he still has his license.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Dr. Davine was always kind, respectful, helpful, and understanding. He helped save my life.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012