You may also like

Ratings for Dr. E. Debru

I was diagnosed with Achalasia when I was 26 years old and had to undergo a Heller Myotomy (muscle resection) and fundoplication (folding of part of the stomach to prevent GERDS) . I had issues swallowing food and would need an ocean of water to go with it. The entire process from the time I met him to the post OP follow up everything was perfect. Amazingly friendly and doesn't think highly of himself like some physicians. Amazing General surgeon and anyone that goes under his care you'll have nothing to worry about!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Dr. Debru - performed stomach surgery on me a year ago and I have just finished my final follow-up appointment with him. His staff were always respectful and helpful in setting up appointments. Dr. Debru was competent, efficient and more importantly took the time to answer any questions I had as well as spent time educating me on follow up care. I am very grateful to Dr. Debru.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I have a cancer gene. I chose to have my stomach removed 3 years ago. I had laparoscopic surgery performed by Dr Debru. Many members of my family have had the same surgery - mostly in Ontario, but I am still the only one to have had laparoscopic surgery. My scars are minimal - my hospital stay was the shortest one so far in my family. Five years later (three years after surgery), Dr Debru remembers me like we met yesterday. I would highly recommend Dr Debru. He is very personable and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I was in the hospital at xmas for gallbladder attacks, was told a specialist would contact me to remove my gallbladder. It's now April 11 and after 3 hospital emergency trips, I had emergency surgery on march 21 to remove the gallbladder by a different surgeon. My surgeon was not Dr.Debru. But his office did call April 8 to tell me I had an appointment I wasn't told about, on the 13th and they were canceling till the 18th. For emergency gallbladder removal. 3 months later. After the gallbladder was already removed. Get your office together please, I'd like to know how an appointment for emergency gallbladder attacks was left so long, and then an appointment made without my knowledge, and then canceled to a later date. Even after a different surgeon at the same hospital did the surgery asap, because it was an emergency, but hey, lets cancel that appointment you mysteriously made for me to the 18. Meanwhile I have an appointment tomorrow with the ACTUAL surgeon who took my gallbladder because it was an emergency. ~facepalm~

Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Debru operated on me for my gallbladder back in December 2015. I was incredibly well taken care of and would highly recommend him to my family and friends, which, in fact, I have done with two friends requiring umbilical hernia repairs. Most recently, I have referred my Father. I'm lucky enough to work in a place where I can see firsthand the work of a variety of surgeon's and I can say that Dr. Debru is someone whom our own medical staff (nurses, doctors) go to when they themselves need medical assistance or surgery. This speaks volumes to me. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr. Debru is a good surgeon...HOWEVER...his follow up care is not good. There were complications with my husband's surgery and it went undetected after FOUR admissions to the hospital under Dr. Debru. My husband now has a life long brain injury. The man works WAY too many hours, which causes lack of care and attention the patient requires. Also, his assistant rarely returns phone calls and is very vague on the phone,

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Had 2 major surgeries done by Dr. Debru in just over a years time. First a sleeve gastrectomy and then an adrenalectomy. This man knows his stuff! He has a great team working with him and nothing is left to chance. Dr. Debru tells you right up front what to expect and what may or may not happen, there is no messing around. Both of my operations were basically pain free and very successful with zero complications. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have this man operate on me again.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I am grateful to Dr. Debru and his surgery team for helping me out last June 17. I had Laparoscopic surgery on this date. My surgery took only one hour; everything went well and now I am fully recovered. Thankfully, we have a skilled, professional surgeon like Dr. Debru working in Calgary. If needed be, I would put my life in his hands again.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Had him do my surgery in March this year and was highly impressed. Very professional and down to earth. Would recommend him to anyone, who ever gets him as a surgeon is in good hands. Thanks Dr Debru for giving me my life back!!!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. E. Debru's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with Achalasia when I was 26 years old and had to undergo a Heller Myotomy (muscle resection) and fundoplication (folding of part of the stomach..."

May 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Debru - performed stomach surgery on me a year ago and I have just finished my final follow-up appointment with him. His staff were always respectful and he..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a cancer gene. I chose to have my stomach removed 3 years ago. I had laparoscopic surgery performed by Dr Debru. Many members of my family have had th..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was in the hospital at xmas for gallbladder attacks, was told a specialist would contact me to remove my gallbladder. It's now April 11 and after 3 hospital ..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Debru operated on me for my gallbladder back in December 2015. I was incredibly well taken care of and would highly recommend him to my family and friends, ..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Debru is a good surgeon...HOWEVER...his follow up care is not good. There were complications with my husband's surgery and it went undetected after FOUR ad..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had 2 major surgeries done by Dr. Debru in just over a years time. First a sleeve gastrectomy and then an adrenalectomy. This man knows his stuff! He has ..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr Debru. He did a great job. And he's pre-op attitude is super relaxed. Thx again Dr. "

November 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am grateful to Dr. Debru and his surgery team for helping me out last June 17. I had Laparoscopic surgery on this date. My surgery took only one hour; every..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had him do my surgery in March this year and was highly impressed. Very professional and down to earth. Would recommend him to anyone, who ever gets him as a su..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a partial Thyroid removal near the end of January and have to say that i could not of had a better experience without the help of Dr. Debru. He is extreme..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been two years since my myotomy and it is working incredibly well. After almost 40 years of pain and difficulty swallowing I can now sit down and enjoy a..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have just had my six month checkup at Dr. Debru's office,,and everything is good . I have been feeling so good after such a big operation for Cancer of the e..."

October 17, 2014