Ratings for Dr. E. Debru

I had an extensive hernia operation performed by Dr Debru in November, 2016, I took my time in researching who I wanting to perform the operation and glad I did. It could not have gone any better. It was an open incision operation and I had very little swelling and discomfort even after the first week. After 7 days at home I was was back at the office and within 2 weeks I am out for longer walks without any discomfort at all. I still have to be careful for the recommended 6-8 weeks but given the size of the hernia I had and the apprehension going into surgery, Dr. Debru did an amazing job. Very much recommend him as a surgeon and even if you don't use him, I recommend doing your homework on who does it for you. It makes a huge difference as this was my second operation on the same area and the first operation was not done very well by a surgeon I did not research. Don't take your doctor's surgeon referral at face value. Do your research!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

I am very grateful to Dr. Debru and his surgery team. If you lucky enough to have Dr. Debru as your surgeon rest assured you will be well taken care of !!! Last year I had stomach surgery and put my life in Dr. Debru hands. I am so grateful to this Doctor for all he has done for me.God Bless you, Dr. Debru You are Amazing ad very dedicated. Thank you, Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I was diagnosed with Achalasia when I was 26 years old and had to undergo a Heller Myotomy (muscle resection) and fundoplication (folding of part of the stomach to prevent GERDS) . I had issues swallowing food and would need an ocean of water to go with it. The entire process from the time I met him to the post OP follow up everything was perfect. Amazingly friendly and doesn't think highly of himself like some physicians. Amazing General surgeon and anyone that goes under his care you'll have nothing to worry about!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Dr. Debru - performed stomach surgery on me a year ago and I have just finished my final follow-up appointment with him. His staff were always respectful and helpful in setting up appointments. Dr. Debru was competent, efficient and more importantly took the time to answer any questions I had as well as spent time educating me on follow up care. I am very grateful to Dr. Debru.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I have a cancer gene. I chose to have my stomach removed 3 years ago. I had laparoscopic surgery performed by Dr Debru. Many members of my family have had the same surgery - mostly in Ontario, but I am still the only one to have had laparoscopic surgery. My scars are minimal - my hospital stay was the shortest one so far in my family. Five years later (three years after surgery), Dr Debru remembers me like we met yesterday. I would highly recommend Dr Debru. He is very personable and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I was in the hospital at xmas for gallbladder attacks, was told a specialist would contact me to remove my gallbladder. It's now April 11 and after 3 hospital emergency trips, I had emergency surgery on march 21 to remove the gallbladder by a different surgeon. My surgeon was not Dr.Debru. But his office did call April 8 to tell me I had an appointment I wasn't told about, on the 13th and they were canceling till the 18th. For emergency gallbladder removal. 3 months later. After the gallbladder was already removed. Get your office together please, I'd like to know how an appointment for emergency gallbladder attacks was left so long, and then an appointment made without my knowledge, and then canceled to a later date. Even after a different surgeon at the same hospital did the surgery asap, because it was an emergency, but hey, lets cancel that appointment you mysteriously made for me to the 18. Meanwhile I have an appointment tomorrow with the ACTUAL surgeon who took my gallbladder because it was an emergency. ~facepalm~

Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Debru operated on me for my gallbladder back in December 2015. I was incredibly well taken care of and would highly recommend him to my family and friends, which, in fact, I have done with two friends requiring umbilical hernia repairs. Most recently, I have referred my Father. I'm lucky enough to work in a place where I can see firsthand the work of a variety of surgeon's and I can say that Dr. Debru is someone whom our own medical staff (nurses, doctors) go to when they themselves need medical assistance or surgery. This speaks volumes to me. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr. Debru is a good surgeon...HOWEVER...his follow up care is not good. There were complications with my husband's surgery and it went undetected after FOUR admissions to the hospital under Dr. Debru. My husband now has a life long brain injury. The man works WAY too many hours, which causes lack of care and attention the patient requires. Also, his assistant rarely returns phone calls and is very vague on the phone,

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Had 2 major surgeries done by Dr. Debru in just over a years time. First a sleeve gastrectomy and then an adrenalectomy. This man knows his stuff! He has a great team working with him and nothing is left to chance. Dr. Debru tells you right up front what to expect and what may or may not happen, there is no messing around. Both of my operations were basically pain free and very successful with zero complications. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have this man operate on me again.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Love Dr Debru. He did a great job. And he's pre-op attitude is super relaxed. Thx again Dr.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015