Ratings for Dr. Anna Ocran

My wife went to her and was told that she would never be able to have children. ONE YEAR LATER our first son was born, almost 4 years later we had a second. Both children are healthy and develop at a normal rate. She didn't have the decency to give the illusion of preparing for the appointment as she would read notes in my wife's file right in front of us; and it was just not to brush up on details, it was to figure out who we were and why we were there. Totally unprofessional in every regard

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Do NOT go to this doctor. She does not listen and will not refer you to anyone else until it is too late. She can't seem to think for herself or figure out what is actually wrong with you. She has basically sentenced me to death with a terminal disease that she just didn't seem to catch even though I was complaining about the same thing for years. Now my spouse has chronic pain because she didn't listen to that either. Run away as far as you can.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

Horrid Doctor: Missed my Cancer. She wanted to put me on Hormone therapy for 6 months to get past my rapidly increasing abnormal and painful periods. She wanted to put me into menopause. I refused and told her to refer me to the gynocologist of my preference for a hysterectomy. It was the only way she would refer me. I HAD CANCER. I am now an 18 month cancer survivor only due to my own persistance. May God forbid that such simple remedies are recommended by her again. Get referrals, second opinions. I was able to get a new Doctor when she changed practices and I told the office there that I did not want to follow her. After all, you can't get a new doctor if you already have one.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

I am frightened to think others may choose Dr. Ocran as a doctor. Don't! This woman does not listen to a word you say and shrugs off every concern as "normal" or "nothing to be concerned about". I go to the doctor three times a year and am by no means a hypocondric. It is like PULLING TEETH to get this woman to listen to a word I say. I found out I was pregnant with my first child and she did not do any kind of testing to confirm because and I quote "You might lose the baby"....who says that to a first-time mother?!? I did in fact have a miscarriage and again, no testing to confirm. I went back to complain things weren't normal "down there" - again no ultrasound was ordered. In the end, I was rushed to ER bleeding profusely and after much pain and many ultrasounds, it was discovered the fetus never left my body. I could have died of a deadly blood infection. Ocran was on holidays and luckily I was cared for by a real doctor...there is a reason this woman accepts new patients!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Our family began seeing Dr. Ocran when she started at the centre. She has helped us many times, making referalls when necessary. She is not one to handle anyone with kid gloves and she calls it as she sees it, which sometimes can be refreshing. Ultimately we are responsible for our own health, and our doctor is there to advise us when things don't feel their running right. She does just this, but is likely not the doctor for someone who needs alot of reassurance and attention.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

After reading these other ratings, it doesn't surprise me. I don't mind someone being abrupt or even having a poor bedside manner. It's more important to find a doctor who LISTENS and takes the TIME to DIAGNOSE a problem promptly, and NOT to WAIT till the PATIENT has to become insistent for further investigation of an ongoing problem. Of course, when you are generally healthy, your doctor is amazing; but when you're NOT in best of health and complaining about it, your doctor should still be amazing in INVESTIGATING with LISTENING FIRST, giving a THOROUGH EXAMINATION (through hands on approach), and possibly referring for specific examinations (scans, ultrasound, xrays, blood work). PLEASE TO ALL FEMALE PATIENTS< A COMPLETE PHYSICAL is NEVER COMPLETE WITHOUT a PAP test AND PELVIC EXAM. A doctor who only preforms a PAP test is NOT preforming a COMPLETE PHYSICAL (which one should have YEARLY). CAREFUL to patients who get RUSHED through an APPOINTMENT; there are no SHORTCUTS! :(

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

My family has been with Dr. Ocran for 3.5 years. She is brusque and old-school, definitely. Loud and straight to the point. If I didn't have a bit of a medical background myself, I would have hesitations. I find that she listens to everything I say, and if I have reason to ask for referral or additional testing, she always obliges. She has seen me and/or my daughter at a moment's notice and has personally called me with test results. I am content with my care from her. Her office staff however, leave much to be desired.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

She is the worst doctor I have ever seen, the worst bedside manner and does not even have enough respect for patients to look over their file and test results before she enters the room for the appointment, just reads them while you are sat there like an idiot waiting.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2008

Terrible bedside manner and a lack of compassion. Always waiting for appts, in an out in 2 mins, minimal examination or assessment of complaint, very condescending. Lack of privacy in the reception. Have to book your own appts such as x-rays, USS you will only get the requisition. I have changed doctors I was so unhappy with the service.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr. Ocran is a great doctor. She is a little rough around the edges but very friendly. She is probably not the best doctor for everyone but I really like her. One thing I am a little concerned about is the way she performs her physicals. She is not very thorough with me or my husband but she is GREAT with my kids (3 yrs and 6 mths old) and throughout my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008