Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Herring

Dr Herring is careing and takes and spends the appropriate time to hear what I as a patient have to say. In these many years under Dr Herrings care I have enjoyed Excellent care and I have certainly enjoyed a better quality of life. Thank you Dr Herring!or

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

This is an old school doctor. He calls you with your test results! He saved my life by taking me seriousely and not just dismissing a small complaint. He takes the time to listen to you. His bed side manor is kind. The only suggestions that I have are to upgrade the office and turn the music down a bit. If you want a good doctor choose Michael Herring MD.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

Dr. Herring is a throwback to a time when your doctor knew your name and something about you other than your chart. I have seen Dr. Herring for about 4 years and I am very impressed. He is a staunch advocate for his patients and a knowledgeable and caring doctor

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I have looked long and hard for a thoughtful, caring doctor who put his patients first. I am no longer looking as I have found him in Dr Herring.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Puget Sound Health Partners is the Insurance company. I could not give a high enough recommendation. Dr Herring is a caring, compassionate man who genuinely cares about his patients. His skills as a doctor go beyond excellent to exceptional. If you are lucky enough to go to him you are in good hands. The less than perfect rating I gave on punctuality is because he takes whatever time is necessary to resolve his patients health issues.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Both staff and doctor are very approachable and nice, but you will wait at least 45 past your appointment time to see Dr. Herring. They are not forthcoming with helpful insurance information (i.e. that I should be getting a pap smear at the same time as my annual physical, or else I will have to pay for the pap smear out of my pocket.), nor do they code my appointments correctly--thus leading to tons of annoying phone calls to find out why my insurance hasn't covered certain visits. Dr. Herring is obviously knowledgeable, but doesn't readily provide me with all of my options. Several times now I have found out that he could have used alternative methods, or perscribed additional tests that he never even mentioned. Example: I had a seizure and he prescribed an EEG, but no MRI, no Blood Tests, nothing else. He thought that they were "unnecessary" even though my EEG was inconclusive.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

Dr. Michael D. Herring's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1972)